Author Topic: I'm Moving!  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Agentpaws

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Out of Order
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
I'm Moving!
« on: December 13, 2015, 04:21:22 pm »
So, I am a Michigan girl that is moving to Ohio. I've NEVER moved before. I am almost 16, in my sophomore year. I'll be moving to Ohio & starting at a new school at the start of the new year, which will be my Junior year. I have no family, (besides my mother & father) or friends down there, so it will definitely be a completely new start. I'm very nervous about it all. I'm a bit skeptic, too. Is Ohio nice? Have any of you ever moved before? Was it difficult? I know it will be difficult at the start, but does it get better?  :'( I'm very sad to be leaving my close-friends/family behind & what-not, so I apologize if I sound like a bit of a downer. I'll just miss it here!

Avatar by yours truly! In-game Username: AgentPaws

Preach

Re: I'm Moving!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:31:18 pm »
Sadly I've never been to Ohio! It does sound nice but never been there, so I can't exactly give you a few pointers on how the place look. However, have you tried Google Image? Try there. I'm sure you can get a sneak peak of society and see how things goes.  Especially, check out what they eat down there. I'm sure if do that you'll get a heads up. ;)

Yes, the struggle of meeting new people. Don't worry, once this week Flys by, you'll forget you're in a new school and make friends with majority of the school. :3 I mean it. Can't you believe we're in December already? Don't worry, you'll do just fine.

Offline Agentpaws

• Out of Order
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:50:03 pm »
Thank you Preach, haha. It's just a bit nerve-wracking. I only just found out we're unfortunately moving.  ::) Kinda' stinks but oh well, I guess. Hope my new school likes shy bookworms, aha.

Preach

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 05:07:49 pm »
I'm sure they will. Good luck ^^

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 05:32:02 pm »
I'd love to join this discussion too! You're not the only one moving though, I have some other friends close by me and there is a chance that I'll never see them again, so I know how it feels. :3 Just remember where life gives you opportunities, is where you create new experiences and memories. Believe me, you'll have a great future if you go anywhere and keep smiling. Don't feel nervous, but it's totally normal for a new student and if you're moving to Ohio, hope you have a greater future there! <3

Offline Agentpaws

• Out of Order
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 05:36:34 pm »
Thank you, Ritatalia! I sure hope it leads me to greater things. It just stinks. I just got comfortable with myself & my surroundings, y'know? Ah well. I suppose I'm just nervous about my new school & house now, really.  :D Been living in the same spot all my life, aha.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 05:57:45 pm »
Living in Michigan as well, too, and a long time ago my parents and I drove across Ohio. It isn't so bad, not too different from Michigan I assure you. x3 Maybe a little, depending on where you live in the state you're in right now. But I think it's kinda nice, with what little I've experienced of it.

I'm sure everything will turn out okay, though. Even if it feels like you're not comfortable at first, I think everything will go well. ^^

Offline Agentpaws

• Out of Order
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 11:08:11 pm »
Living in Michigan as well, too, and a long time ago my parents and I drove across Ohio. It isn't so bad, not too different from Michigan I assure you. x3 Maybe a little, depending on where you live in the state you're in right now. But I think it's kinda nice, with what little I've experienced of it.

I'm sure everything will turn out okay, though. Even if it feels like you're not comfortable at first, I think everything will go well. ^^

Ah, is it? That's good news! Hehe. :D Thank you. I've only been once--for Cedar Point, haha. My first rollercoaster I rode was in Ohio, the Gatekeeper. What on Earth was I thinking. Bahaha. Anyway, thank you all for the reassurance. <3 I really appreciate it. It's made me feel a bit better about moving somewhere new & unfamiliar.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 02:15:28 pm »
Hey, no problem! <3 I'm glad I could help.

And Cedar Point? I didn't know that was in Ohio, lol. It was a while ago I went there though, no one told me where it was exactly. I've been there too, it's really fun despite all the walking we did last time since nothing was really open.

Hopefully I can go back someday, though. x3 I wonder if the small wooden rollercoaster was taken down or somethin'. I forgot the names. //ramblingoff-topic,sorry,butimust//

Offline Agentpaws

• Out of Order
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 07:03:42 pm »
Haha! I went on a wooden rollercoaster when I was there, I think! Bluestreak? Or... something like that.  ;D Those wooden coasters really throw you around, pft!