Author Topic: The Enemy [Inactive since 18/09/2013]  (Read 10096 times)

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: The Enemy|open and accepting|
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 02:45:06 am »
It's okay Thrill ^^
@Saylor, could you try not to double post? :3)

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 05:04:53 am »

Dante Reinhart

The two paused in their place, hearing voices echoing quietly in the warehouse. Dante narrowed his eyes suspiciously as he whispered, "Get down!" Alyssa winced  fell down to the floor with him, giving him a questioning look, "What was that about?" "There's others here, " He murmured quietly and opened up his bag. His hand reached for some of the bullets he had retrieved earlier and he used them to reload his pistol. Alyssa frowned, "But, what if they aren't bad? We've met plenty of survivors that were kind along the way." He narrowed his eyes, not wavering his opinion as he muttered, "Remember the last ones though? I'm not going to risk us getting hurt." Alyssa sighed and gave up on trying to change his mind. She only hoped this wouldn't evolve into a large ordeal.

Dante tried to listen in on what the others were saying, but it was too late. They had known he had entered. Thoughts scrambled through his head, leaving him at a lost at what to do. "Hear that? Where the hell is my gun?" He clenched his teeth after hearing an unfamiliar feminine voice quietly speak. He moved further behind the wall of empty crates, hoping to not be found. "Hello? Don't want any trouble. Who's there?" Alyssa grimaced hearing the elder man's voice and gazed over at Dante whispering, "Whether you like it or not, I'm going out there.  They sound nice." He glares at her, shaking his head but it was too late. His sister hesitantly lifted herself off the dusty ground and peered around, meeting the gaze of a middle age man. She bowed her head slightly and clasped her arms together, lining her line of sight downward timidly, "Erm... Ello sir." She swayed her head side to side a little and kicked the ground with her back toes. She raised her chin though, forcing herself to be more sociable with this man since he did not pose an apparent threat, "I'm Alyssa. Alyssa Reinhart. I'm sorry about intruding and all but me and my brother really need some place to find refuge." She gave and innocent smiled and peered back over where her brother was as he was watching with eyes full of suspicion.

She stood a bit more laxly and tapped her fingers together, "He's here also, but he's always suspicious of other people. He has the impression that the cyborgs can be everywhere and everyone." Dante narrowed his eyes during the conversation and had to chime in after hearing his sister say that, "Because they can be. Thinking they won't be will end up turning your into another rotting corpse. The crows are sure happy about that though," he ended the last bit with smirk of dark humor.  His sister threw him a concern stare, disliking his last comment and sighed, "That's Dante by the way. Don't let his words throw you off, he's actually sensitive and caring once you break through that dark eggshell of his." He kept away from the scene. Even if he wanted to join in the conversation, his wounded shoulder was still killing him too much to want to interact with anyone else. "Speaking of him," She interrupted, "Did you see any sort of medical supplies here? He got in a nasty quarrel with one of the bots."

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Kasai

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:09 am »
? Elliot Fletcher ?

Elliot tensed as someone rose up from where she was hiding, but he relaxed as she didn't seem to be ready to shoot, making him lower his gun. "Erm... Ello sir." Her head was bowed shyly and Elliot offered a smile to her. "Hello," he replied casually, his voice higher to indicate his happiness. Her head lifted a little, her eyes showing a bit of determination to speak to him, "I'm Alyssa. Alyssa Reinhart. I'm sorry about intruding and all but me and my brother really need some place to find refuge." She glanced behind her and Elliot put his gun in its holster. However, he still remained a little tense as he was ready to shoot should they pull a fast one on him. "I'm Elliot. That's Taila," he said, nodding over to his new acquaintance. "And that's all right, I think I'm intruding too. Intruding is not a real word nowadays, anyway. No place is really anyone's home at this point," he mused, his cheerfulness disappearing for a bit until his attention was regained by Alyssa.

"He's here also, but he's always suspicious of other people. He has the impression that the cyborgs can be everywhere and everyone." Elliot's attention turned towards the boxes that still shielded the brother. "Because they can be. Thinking they won't be will end up turning your into another rotting corpse. The crows are sure happy about that though." Elliot frowned at the dark humor. He wasn't a stranger to it, his fellow soldiers sometimes full of it, but Elliot enjoyed light humor more than anything. He did nod his head at Dante's first statement."Don't like his humor much, but he's right. No place is truly safe anymore and friends are far and few," he said.  "That's Dante by the way. Don't let his words throw you off, he's actually sensitive and caring once you break through that dark eggshell of his. Speaking of him- Did you see any sort of medical supplies here? He got in a nasty quarrel with one of the bots." Elliot smiled, probably a bit proud of his find and happy to help. "Yeah we did. I got another box of my medical supplies. Taila's a bit busted up as well," he said, walking towards the boxes, though his head was turned over his shoulder as he spoke to Alyssa, still not fully trusting these two just yet.

Kneeling in front of the two boxes, his body facing the three to ensure he wouldn't get shot in the back again, Elliot rifled through what they had. "Speakin' of which, Taila, we might want to sew up that wound of yours. Alyssa, since you seem to be playing the middle girl in this conversation between myself and Dante, what's wrong with him? Burn? Bullet hole? What," he asked, his voice taking a demanding tone as he sounded more like the soldier he was than an optimistic survivor. His right had clenched into a fist briefly and he winced as his shoulder blade stung a bit. Nightfall was probably a few hours away. He could probably apply that burn medication to his shoulder then. Hoping to depart from this group by the next morning, Elliot made it his mission to continue towards New York City and destroy that base before he could continue to D.C.

According to his radio, still turned off from the morning, there was a military base located somewhere in the city. They hadn't disclosed much information over the radio for the obvious reason that the robots could intercept the messages. However, the message was only that there was safety in certain cities. After that same message had repeated so many times, Elliot realized that it was the only message they could give and he had turned it off. The safety bases had decreased in number over the past few weeks and New York City was the closest one to their current location. The only reason that it probably hadn't been infiltrated was because of it being in such a large city. The radio was his only connection with anyone until he stumbled upon these three. On a different switch, it could be used as a walkie talkie. This was a risky move, though, since anyone could be on the other end, as it picked up the nearest connection. Elliot had planned to use this tonight in order to see if a soldier or police officer may be on the other end. Most of anyone remaining were either lucky, thieves, or just someone with a gun.  

[Hope you don't mind me adding "safe bases" or the radio/walkie-talkie, auri. Just wanted to add why Elliot was going to where he's going. If you want me to delete out that, let me know. ^^' ]

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 05:26:56 pm »
(Sorry. owo Heh....)

?Lorna Robin Macrae?

Voices...? Lorna woke slowly after being deep in some dream about a completely ridiculous landscape. It drifted from her mind as soon as her eyes opened. "Great... How am I going to get out of here now?" she wondered to herself in exasperation. She'd been lucky by meeting a good survivor back at that little shack, but who could tell what these people had in mind. They seemed a fair distance off, as if there were some things between the door to her little room and the location they were in. Lorna knew she'd have to go as silent as she could, lest she be spotted.

There always was the option of the open window, but that meant the danger of being caught out in the open again in the same spot she'd been in a short while before. She couldn't risk that. Standing up stiffly, she stretched, twisted her back to crack her spine until it was loose, and hefted her pack. The bandages on her side were holding out well enough, but she judged she'd have to sit down later on and do a better job. Now that she thought about it, she'd never been shot by a bullet, so maybe it looked so burnt and gruesome was just the heat that had been released, or just the sheer force it brought with it. That's not important now. As long as I keep it clean and closed up... Lorna's thoughts were going over simple tasks in her mind as she put her hand on the knob to the door. She hesitated, breathing lightly and leaning her head close to the wood so she could hear better outside. The voices were muffled, so their exact words were unclear.

Hoping desperately that the door didn't make a sound, she opened it slowly, first a crack, then enough so that she could slip out. At the last moment, it squeaked noticeably - probably with the age that was shown on its hinges - and Lorna halted, holding her breath. Satisfied that nobody seemed interested, she stealthily moved away from the room and crouched behind a tarp-covered line of crates. The people seemed to be on the other side, and they obviously weren't robots because the clanging of metal was absent in the shuffling movements she believed to be their footsteps. Now she could hear them, but she didn't focus on what they were saying. It most likely didn't concern her. Turning towards a space to her left, she made for it, sliding in a crouch along the barrier, trying not to make a sound.

"Almost clear," Lorna murmured to herself under her breath. She winced as the tarp crackled under her hand, but it was quiet. Her nerves just made her sense of hearing more acute. Stepping noiselessly forward, she charged across a gap in the crates, the bright light of the more open area towards the strangers flashing across her figure briefly before she disappeared again. She stopped on the other side to catch her breath again. Glancing worriedly about, Lorna moved once again, aiming for another door that seemed like it hadn't been opened in ages. Whispering a quiet 'please', she willed it not to make noise. "What a heavy door... I wonde-" She was cut short by a long, metal pipe plummeting out of the doorway and crashing to the floor with an emphasized bang!. Lorna fumbled with it and lifted it before it could make another noise and swiftly hopped into the room, closing the door behind her and locking it. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, Lorna. They'd better not have heard..." She backed up and looked around.

The room she was in was similar to the last one, only it was lit more brightly. Shelves lined the walls again, but they were half-broken and full of empty jars and boxes. Sighing, Lorna relaxed against one of them, heart racing. Her eyes assessed the place, searching for an escape route.

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2013, 03:08:38 am »

Talia listened to the conversation that the new girl was having with Elliot, she showed no interest. She was just happy they were friendlies. Talia released a sigh of relief before standing up, the pain in her leg was completely gone now, not because it was getting better but because of the cream that had been applied. Elliot had introduced Talia to Alyssa, the girl who had made her way into the warehouse with her brother "Hey, nice to see there are still decent people left." she grinned as she took a few steps forward to go get her weapon. "If you'll excuse me." she said as she made her way around Elliot and Alyssa. Her pistol shone bright under the sun, causing a bright glare to shine at her "There ya are." she said with a smile, she picked up her gun and placed it into it's holster, making sure to strap it in. She turned around to look back at Alyssa, she said she had brought her brother with her, but she didn't see him. Ah, there. He was crouched behind some old dusty crates, Talia tilted her head "Well hey there stranger." she greeted with a small wave of her right hand "We don't bite." she chuckled as she walked back over to the small gathering.

Elliot said that they should stitch her wound "Oh. Yeah." She almost forgot about it, she looked down and saw that the bleeding had lessened. Talia sat on the wall again and yawned once more, "How long should we stay here?" She hoped not too long, she actually kinda hoped that they would all go their separate ways. But maybe if they stayed together they would have a better chance at destroying those things that harmed their lives, they could save the human race. Bang! Talia jumped into the air, her hand on her side arm "I'll go check it out." She was used to doing this, at the camp she would always be the one to scope things out. She pulled her pistol out of it's holster then turned around "Maybe you should help her brother, I'll be fine." she gestured with her hand then jogged over to the wall on the other side of the room. She placed her back against the wall and listened, silence. She still decided she needed to take a look see, make sure they were safe. Talia took a deep breath then walked through a partially open door, someone had been her, she couldn't tell when.  Talia searched but couldn't find much, she finally came to a large door that looked rusted with age "Here we go." she gently pushed it open "Eeep!" she screamed as a fat rat ran out of the room, Talia knocked over a box trying to get away from it. Her heart was racing "Stupid rats." she had completely forgotten about searching the room "I'm alright!" she called as she put her gun away and made her way back to the little group.

(Sorry for my absence and short, terrible, post. I rushed this post, I have to run some errands T.T
@Kasai, it's alright ^^ No need to remove it)

Visit my Deviantart!

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »
(Sorry I accidentally posted here.)))

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 10:18:50 pm »

Dante Reinhart

Alyssa tilted her head mildly to the side, seeing man was still acting cautious, but she couldn't blame him.  "Speakin' of which, Taila, we might want to sew up that wound of yours. Alyssa, since you seem to be playing the middle girl in this conversation between myself and Dante, what's wrong with him? Burn? Bullet hole? What," he asked, his voice taking a demanding tone. "Bullet hole I guess, but there's a lot of them," she bit her lip still nervous at the sight, "I forced him to let me take some out but I might have missed a few." She threw a glance behidn her back hearing muffled talking and tilted her head, watching as Talia came back to join the two. It was hard to make out what they were saying, but she presumed that she was trying to persuade her brother to come join them. Figures he would still be in there, Alysa thought irritated, He's so stubborn that not even bulls would be able to push him from his paranoid beliefs... She crossed her arms and let out a low snort of a scoff but soon jumped when loud clattering emitted nearby.

"What was that?" Alyssa asked more to herself in a low whisper. Her gaze was locked in the direction of the noise when she heard Talia speak "I'll go check it out." "Hey woah wait, " Alyssa stuttered and shook her head, "What if it's some cyborgs? You can't go out there injured!" Her tone was full of worry, it always was in situations like this. "Maybe you should help her brother, I'll be fine," the girl gestured with assurance before leaving without objection. Alyssa sighed low, looking back at Elliot before shrugging and nodding. Dante stared up silently, watching her sit by him and sighs quietly, "How can you be so open about these people? They could be dangerous. Don't you remember last time?" Alyssa heaved a sigh listening and shook her head, "This time is different." She scanned around quickly to see if the others were listening and whispered, "Remember that saying, keep your friends close but enemies closer? That man has a lot of experience in fighting and tending wounds, much more than you or I do. And her. She's wounded but she's still brave enough to be a look out. I bet nothing could ever-" "Eeep!" The two winced hearing her scream and stood up, ready for combat. But all they ever saw was a rat scurry out of the room. Talia had knocked over a box trying to get away from it, breathing heavily. Dante folded his arms and raised an eyebrow, " You were saying?" "Do us a favor and don't be a snobbish -Removed by Moderator- for two seconds. That is, if you even can," His sister murmured low before head over to make sure Talia was ok.

Dante narrowed his eyes a bit. He still didn't like this situation they had been placed into. But he couldn't really do much other then go along with it and use there capabilities like she said. He hesitantly stood up and moved a bit more out in the open before he  sneered a bit tauntingly, "You were scared by a rat when there's much more threatening things lurking out there...? That's pretty sad. At least it wasn't a spider and you didn't blow our cover so my other arm could be shot up..." Alyssa's eye twitched a bit, irritated yet feeling guilty about the reminder and had a staring contest with the ground murmuring, "Everyone has things they dislike ok? You're not a happy camper either when you see the gleam of needles remember?"

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:53:05 pm by Kynvuu »

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 01:09:18 am »
(Bump?)

Offline Kasai

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 01:52:27 am »
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:10:15 am by Kasai »

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »
(Woooo people posted recently! -flails-)

?Lorna Robin Macrae?

With her mind now completely focused on a way out of here, Lorna had nearly forgotten about the loud noise she'd caused just a few moments before. The overhead windows were in poor shape and looked like they'd serve as ample space for her to squeeze out of... But, on second thought, the edges looked pretty jagged and would more likely than not leave holes in her clothes and perhaps even some slices in her skin. Wouldn't want to get infected now... But it was that or get spotted by some potentially hostile people. She decided on taking the window route. Lorna scanned the sky after examining the windows from her position against one of the lopsided shelves.

The sun was sinking lower, and shadows crept slowly along the buildings outside. In her personal experience, the cyborgs frequented the streets mostly during the day, with just a few scattered patrols out in the darkest part of the night. They had to be specialized for the job, equipped with night-vision, or else people would be likely to escape. However, knowing that there were fewer robotic humans comforted Lorna a bit. She'd take the risk of being spotted tonight over the inevitable meeting of multiple cyborgs in these last dying hours of the day. For now, she'd just wait it out until she judged the time to be right.

Might as well see if I can't pick something up of their conversation. She straightened up and set her pack down lightly on the ground before moving closer to the door. Timidly turning the lock so that it wouldn't open if someone happened to hear her inside, she leaned back against the door and slid gently to the floor. She tilted her head and pressed one ear on the hollow metal door. Their words were muffled outside, but she knew by the lack of too much urgency in their voices that she'd gone - for the most part - unnoticed. Lorna closed her eyes and focused just on listening, trying hard to discern one voice from another. Sounds like... four... or five? Two deeper than the others. As she tried to listen deeper, she unconsciously slipped into sleep, breathing lightly out of pure habit.

(Silly idle post. I can do more later on. x3)