Author Topic: Hight map  (Read 1484 times)

Offline AveryCF

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hight map
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:10:34 am »
Ok, so im making a new map for one of my warrior cats clans trying to copy the book and then some. I HAD problems with the color map but with a few edits fixed. But no matter what I REALLY cant change my hight map unless last resort because I dont wanna. And when I use the hightmap in map maker the game crash's, does a search why, cant find reson, then closes feral heart. And it only happens when I try to load the hight map. Can I get some help here? What could be the ishue? Is it because im using different shades of grey to white and black? I do have more shades than 3 if thats the problem. :(

Heres a link to the hight map on what it looks like for you to see:

http://averycf.deviantart.com/art/LightclanTerrain-355130065?ga_submit_new=10%253A1361232610

(Please help AFTER looking. :( )

EnderStar

Re: Hight map
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:14:52 am »
It has to be 513 by 513.

Make sure you went to advanced options, and clicked on grayscale instead of RBG color.

I think you did the size wrong, mostly, because that picture is just way too huge and it isn't square.

Also, make sure you have only one layer.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:19:35 am by EnderStar »

Offline AveryCF

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:30:46 am »
Wait what? Speak english, i have no clue what your talking about with a 'grey scale' and a 'advanced options'. Im using windows paint then editing with gimp and saving.

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:37:06 am »
Its quite confusing how you worded this and I'm unable to find out you exact question, could you interpret it better please? (Not being rude)

Offline AveryCF

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:39:18 am »
Yea, in short GaMzEe, my hight map doesnt work and when I try to use it my FH crashs. :) Was that clear???

-edit-

Ok, I think I MIGHT of resized it right. Idk for sure, trying now. Will edit this p[ost (Unless someone else posts while im gone and ill make a new post) of if it works or not... trying now.

-edit 2-

Failed, it didnt work so im resetting it to origanel before resize. Any other ideas?

-edit 3 (Thats alot of edits)-

No, it failed. Nothing works. Resizing adds a layer to make 2 and I need one so cant resize. When i do hreyscale it also adds a layer.-_- crash crash and crash, still not working.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:58:00 am by Avery »

EnderStar

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:17 am »
Are you using GIMP?

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:30:35 am »