Author Topic: Trouble With Maps  (Read 4174 times)

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Since the dawn of time.
    • View Profile
Trouble With Maps
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:36:14 pm »
Very short post. I have always dowloaded maps and used them. I've done tried multiple maps, and so far I've only gotten one to properly show up in-game. What is this mess?? How do I get these maps to work?

For further explanation, the only map that worked required me placing in a folder into my terrains file (If I'm correct, that is.) The other maps I'm trying to get require putting everything in Exports. However, their portals will not show up in Cape of Distant worlds, and I have used maps like these before! Does anybody have a quick fix to this? Or an explanation?
ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ. ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴡ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴋɪɴɢ.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble With Maps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:53:43 pm »
Are you sure they’re not in Cape? If you have a default Portal, It will probably be hard to see it because It’s just so transparent..

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 12:02:32 am »
Do you have .fhm files in the map folders you downloaded? Try reinstalling the map pack and putting the contents in their designated places to see if that works! You probably messed up somewhere in installing the map into your game. In addition to this, if you get a pop-up saying "The destination has (#) files with the same names" make sure you click "Replace the files in the destination". Also if your map portals are hardly visible, I'd suggest running along the sides of Cape thoroughly.

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 12:09:37 am »
Are you sure they’re not in Cape? If you have a default Portal, It will probably be hard to see it because It’s just so transparent..
Do you have .fhm files in the map folders you downloaded? Try reinstalling the map pack and putting the contents in their designated places to see if that works! You probably messed up somewhere in installing the map into your game. In addition to this, if you get a pop-up saying "The destination has (#) files with the same names" make sure you click "Replace the files in the destination". Also if your map portals are hardly visible, I'd suggest running along the sides of Cape thoroughly.

I have a portal retexture for this. and I'm honestly not sure what the deal is with the file destinations. Let me check... I cleared my exports folder and added one map into it. I do have a .fhm. And the instructions were to put everything in Exports. (some meshes went into their designated places, as well, but I figure thats not much important information)
they still refuse to show up in Cape. if the information helps, I did uninstall and reinstall FH recently, too. . .

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 12:15:47 am »
If the map you're trying to install is public, would you mind sending the download link to me so I can check if it works on my end or not? You should also try installing the map first and then closing the application before reopening it see if that works.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:17:29 am by Notorious. »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 12:15:56 am »
Could be a problem with the map itself. You say you tried multiple maps. Are these maps ones that we could test out for you? Maps available to the public or are they private? If they are public, please do provide a link or two and I'd be happy to see if they work in my game.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 12:19:51 am »
If the map you're trying to install is public, would you mind sending the download link to me so I can check if it works on my end or not?
Could be a problem with the map itself. You say you tried multiple maps. Are these maps ones that we could test out for you? Maps available to the public or are they private? If they are public, please do provide a link or two and I'd be happy to see if they work in my game.

Lemme grab the links...  https://www.mediafire.com/file/817xuxnzoro14ax/BTM.zip  https://www.mediafire.com/file/5yj1j3zdrwfdknh/Blue%27s+Haven+created+by+Twidge.zip  http://www.mediafire.com/file/94j2vdj56yjq9q8/Warriors+-+Lake+Territory+FH.zip

as far as I can tell, all 3 of these are to be installed the same way... (just a small idea, is it because they might be outdated or something??)
Like I said, So far only one map worked, and It wasn't.. like.. you didn't do the same steps to install it as you do these. /shrug

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 12:21:09 am »
Hmm, I used to have those maps downloaded but I'll reinstall them to see if everything's hunky-dory. ^^

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 12:38:16 am »
Hmm, I used to have those maps downloaded but I'll reinstall them to see if everything's hunky-dory. ^^

okay, thank you

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 12:44:23 am »
Here's a lil' update on some of the maps

Lake Territory
- Copied every content in the map pack that was shown expect for the "Read Me" note and pasted it into FeralHeart > exports.
- Once I put everything in the exports folder, I disconnected from the game and logged back in so that the map would fully register into the game.
- Went to Cape and the map portal was there. The map worked perfectly fine!

Blue's Haven
- Opened the export folder that was provided in the map download, copied everything in the folder, and pasted it into FeralHeart > exports once again.
- I did the same copy and paste process with the "place into my_objects" folder.
- The exact method was used when placing all terrains texture files into FeralHeart > media > terrains > textures.
- Restarted the game, went to Cape, and the map functioned properly.

EDIT: Getting "Failed to connect to front server" quite often now when re-entering the map which is odd since it doesn't really happen to me. Going back to Lonely Cave and entering Blue's Haven again gives me the same message over and over. Perhaps there's an error/glitch in the map?

BTM
- Opened the "grassmesh" folder, copied the Grass.object file and pasted it into FeralHeart > media > objects.
-Went to the grass folder, copied all the contents shown and place it into FeralHeart > media > objects > my_objects.
- Opened the map folder and pasted everything in it into FeralHeart > exports.
- Opened the MarshWaterMat folder provided in the download and there seems to be a missing texture. I used this map before and the Marsh Water would look completely white. I'm pretty sure I still have the missing texture image somewhere in my folder, I'd just have to dig it up.
-Placed everything in that folder into FeralHeart > media > materials anyways.
- I found the portal and entered the map. Everything is working smoothly!

UPDATE: Here's the missing Mossy Water texture provided by a friend of mine! Took a while to find it again, haha
Save the image into your computer and paste it where it belongs!

*Please note that whenever I got a pop-up message saying "The destination has (#) files with the same names" I clicked "Replace the files" when installing the maps. Do not click "Skip these files"!*

I'll keep editing this post when I enter/install the other maps!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:01:56 am by Notorious. »