Author Topic: I'm going insane because of- ADWARE.  (Read 1117 times)

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
I'm going insane because of- ADWARE.
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:52 am »
I went on Shockwave's site to play Let's get Cooking. It was a nice game and I enjoyed playing it but it was diner time so I just went to the kitchen while the game was still on. And then I heard that sound I hate-BEEP. After I finished the diner, I went back to see, guess what? Adware virus. I did not download anything and I was very confused since Shockwave is safe site. I removed the virus and Avira started a quick scan. After few seconds(scan was done) I heard another BEEP. It happened for about 4 times, then I went on Avira answers. I was not the only victim, and I was glad because of it. But there were no answers in any of Adware virus threads. I googled a little but I did not find anything useful. Last time warning popped up(when I turned on my computer) it said:
Security Alert
Date/Time: 22.5.2014, 13:05:29
Type: Detection

Access to file'C:\Program
Files\FindRight\bin\FindRightBAAPP.dll'
containing the virus or unwanted program
'ADWARE/SwiftBrowse.A' was blocked.

You can remove the file or get more
information about the problem.

If you are unsure, ask the community or get
live help on Avira Answers.

Go to Avira Answers
     Remove             Details

I'm so annoyed by it that I don't even click 'remove' anymore! Help me how to remove it, please! :c
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going insane because of- ADWARE.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »
Chances are, from what I can pinpoint, the adware virus did come from the Shockwave site. Or perhaps an Ad popped up while ye' were at dinner that gave ye' the virus. I'd let yer anti-virus system do what it was programmed to do- remove the virus completely. I'd perform another scan and if anythin' malicious pops up, remove it immediately before it gets worse and yer computer becomes more infected. If push comes to shove, I'd show yer parents also and see what they can make out of it. It's a stretch but if this adware virus is worse than ye' realized, ye' might need to get yer computer system checked out by someone with experience towards these kinds of unfortunate situations.
gone