Author Topic: Security issue again :3  (Read 3534 times)

AlphaEclipse

Re: Security issue again :3
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 08:45:28 pm »
@Faolanbutt -- Yikes, I would tell you what I did to rid of it, but that was so long ago I forget. ;-; This link may be helpful. Note do not download the "automatic fixit program." You never know if that could be a virus its self. Don't risk it! Do what the manual steps tell you:
http://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-remove-conduit-search After all of that jazz, search your PC with MalwareBytes, "full scan!"
Here's another link on a tutorial of removing it. https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#topic/chrome/xJURG2e8h8U There's plenty of tutorials on the internet, but make sure you're removing it, not just changing your homepage.

@Icy -- o-o Really? Could you screenshot that? I'd really look into that if I were you. What's the website it used to redirect to's name? Was it search.conduit.com with a toolbar? It wouldn't come with your computer. Conduit toolbars are PUP, but can do malicious tasks like hijacking. http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-apps-search-and-toolbar/

Edit: I can't find much else about search.conduit.com's malicious toolbar, but if anyone else knows anything, I'd also like to hear.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:58:22 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 09:14:58 am »
@Alpha
Conduit ohmygod no...just no.
*Runs off crying*
I had it too when downloading one of the IT servers last time from the wrong site.
Oh my god. Hell no.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »
@Alpha,
No, it's not a toolbar. The homepage and any redirects were set to search.conduit.com. It wouldn't allow me to change the homepage to default. I'm sorry if that made no sense, I know a bit but not much about computers. At this point though, it's been hunted down and uninstalled :3. The only reason I started searching that conduit was a virus is because it displayed a fairly inappropriate ad. Also, for the screenshot, here is my internet settings from when I got the computer. A friend was begging me to show her how to take a screenshot but I was trying to change the homepage... Idk. I never deleted it, so I just cut the Internet settings from the rest of the picture here.
*Posting picture in a second, don't want to get on Tinypic on my computer*
--
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:47:20 pm by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »
The homepage and any redirects were set to search.conduit.com
That's exactly what "Search Protect by conduit" does. Read Alpha's links carefully, its removal methods are described there.

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 07:31:21 am »
Oh.My.Goodness.
I got Malwarebytes like suggested and I have TONS of viruses D': I cleaned up all of them today, but I probably have 4 or 2 left to deleted x.x
Inactive. Will be back one day

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 07:47:57 pm »
@Kiquaii -- Oh lol. I think everyone gets this at some point. It's quite annoying.

@Icy -- Look at my links again, like Shell Prisoner said; try running a antivirus and/or antimalware scan, preferably MalwareBytes and then changing the homepage. What antivirus do you use, MSE right? I don't think that would find it. You could just have the toolbar hidden in browser settings, but not deleted.
You should be able to change right now even with that, mine did, but when you close the browser it would change back to conduit without permission. That's what signaled that it was not something I wanted on my PC. xD

@Faolan -- Yikes that's a lot. o-o Glad they're gone. MalwareBytes always finds a lot, especially the full scan. It takes a while to do a full scan, especially on a large computer. At least they're gone. Did it delete the search.conduit.com by any chance? It might have been listed as a PUP, not a virus. Not everything MalwareBytes finds is immediately a virus, sometimes they're trojans (similar to a virus, but open "backdoors" for hackers sometimes), PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), and worms (viruses that basically duplicate.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:50:50 pm by AlphaEclipse »