Author Topic: Yer Native American Zodiac Sign?  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Yer Native American Zodiac Sign?
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:38:13 pm »
First off, ye' can thank this thread: >>Click here!<< created by Ms. Moony for inspirin' this idea to pop into my head.

Now, we've all heard about the Zodiac signs or the Astronomical signs. However, what about yer Native American Zodiac signs? Since I haven't seen any threads posted about this, I figured I might as well make a little fun thread for all to enjoy. Now, without further a due, the chart:

For those who cannot see the letterin' clearly:

Goose: Dec 22 - Jan 19
Otter: Jan 20 - Feb 18
Wolf: Feb 19 - March 20
Falcon: March 21 - Apr 19
Beaver: April 20 - May 20
Deer: May 21 - June 20
Woodpecker: June 21 - July 21
Salmon: July 22 - Aug 21
Brown Bear: Aug 22 - Sept 21
Raven: Sept 22 - Oct 22
Serpent: Oct 23 - Nov 22
Owl: Nov 23 - Dec 21

The signs are decided by the month and day in which ye' were born.

As for me, my sign is the Goose.

What about ye' floofs?
gone

wolfdog01

Re: Yer Native American Zodiac Sign?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 11:42:07 pm »
Ohhh! I'm a Raven!
These things are so neat to do, I had tried out another one a long time ago and from that one I was a wolf, my mother a bear, and my dad was salmon. I'm happy with both of the choices! ^^
Wonder who other people will be?

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:00:35 am »
It would seem that I am under the wolf sign of the Native American Zodiac. Added, I took the liberty of researching what the sign meant. The wolf stands under the foundation of love with understanding of the world, being nature and humanity. Like many of the existing ones, most of the description under the wolf describes myself in a nutshell. To the fellow wolf brothers and sisters, keep the love alive! 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:23:53 am »
It would seem that I am under the wolf sign of the Native American Zodiac. Added, I took the liberty of researching what the sign meant. The wolf stands under the foundation of love with understanding of the world, being nature and humanity. Like many of the existing ones, most of the description under the wolf describes myself in a nutshell. To the fellow wolf brothers and sisters, keep the love alive! 
Ooo, I've never taken into consideration on researchin' what the signs mean. Let me just...:

If you want something done - give it to the Goose. Persevering, dogged, and ambitious to a fault, the Goose sets goals for accomplishment, and always obtains them. The goose is determined to succeed at all cost - not for the approval of other - but those with this Native American animal symbol competes with his/her own internal foe. Driven is the watchword for the Goose's dominating personality trait - which makes them excellent in business and competitive sports. When tempered with supportive, nurturing family and friends, the Goose excels in all things he/she attempts. In a loving environment the Goose can be very passionate, humorous, gregarious, and even sensual. However, lead to his/her own devises, the Goose may fall into obsessive or addictive behaviors that will inevitably be his/her demise.

` Bravery
` Loyalty
` Teamwork
` Confidence
` Protection
` Fellowship
` Communication
` Determination

Ohhh! I'm a Raven!
These things are so neat to do, I had tried out another one a long time ago and from that one I was a wolf, my mother a bear, and my dad was salmon. I'm happy with both of the choices! ^^
Wonder who other people will be?
Ah, so ye've taken somethin' like this before? I'm pleased to hear yer results were to yer satisfaction, ma'am.

This thread suddenly reminds me of this now that I think about it:

Brother Bear.
gone

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 12:26:18 am »
I'm an owl :3

My father is a deer, my mother and my sister are both salmon.

This is interesting, I never heard of Native American zodiac signs. I can easily say I'm quite happy to be an owl ^^
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline in.your.heart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm that girl with the guitar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 11:03:35 am »
Hey, thanks for the (advertisement?), Vespian. I'm happy to inspire you. C:

I also never heard of the Native American Signs. Well, I'm a Deer ;D LOL
Now you are the one who inspired me to read about the Native American Zodiac Signs. :D
Supernatural addict
Potterhead
Skyrim
The Sims

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 11:15:58 am »
I'm a deer too! :D Glad im not the only one, lol thanks for sharing this with us Vespian! I've never really heard of Native American zodiac before, Now I do :D

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 11:24:34 am »
Hey, thanks for the (advertisement?), Vespian. I'm happy to inspire you. C:

Perhaps "givin' credit" would be a better phrase than advertisement, ahhah. Since it was yer thread that inspired me to make this one. Regardless, ye're very welcome.~

I'm happy to have shed some light on somethin' ye' guys didn't know about. Have fun readin' about all the signs of the Native American Zodiac! It's interestin' seein' the variety of results here and what animal ye' guys are matched with.
gone

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 11:27:46 am »
I'm a falcon, and simply guess by the animal, I'd say the description is probably pretty close.
Here:
A natural born leader, the Falcon can always be looked upon for clear judgment in sticky situations. Furthermore, the characteristics for this Native American animal symbol never wastes time, rather he/she strikes while the iron is hot, and takes action in what must be done. Ever persistent, and always taking the initiative, the Falcon is a gem of a personality to have for projects or team sports. The Falcon can be a little on the conceited side - but he/she is usually right in his/her opinions - so a little arrogance is understood. In a supportive environmental the Falcon "soars" in his/her ability to maintain passion and fire in relationships, and always remaining compassionate. Left to his/her own devices, the Falcon can be vain, rude, intolerant, impatient, and over-sensitive.

Yeah Sounds Pretty Good

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »
I suppose I am an owl.
Very interesting thread you have here, Vespian. c:
Changeable and mutable as the wind, the Owl is a tough one to pin down. Warm, natural, with an easy-going nature, the Owl is friend to the world. The bearer of this Native American animal symbol is notorious for engaging in life at full speed, and whole-hearted loves adventure. This can be to his/her detriment as the Owl can be reckless, careless, and thoughtless. Owls make great artists, teachers, and conservationists. However, due to his/her adaptability and versatility - the Owl would likely excel in any occupation. In a supportive, nurturing environment the Owl is sensitive, enthusiastic, and an attentive listener. Left to his/her own devices, the Owl can be excessive, overindulgent, bitter, and belligerent. Learn more about Owl totem meanings here.
This sounds nothing like me. LOL