Author Topic: Does FeralHeart make you a furry?  (Read 7321 times)

Offline Keru

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Echh
    • View Profile
Re: Does FeralHeart make you a furry?
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »
What is a furry to you?
A furry is someone who likes anthropomorphic animals. I don't just mean bipedal wolves. Animals with human emotions, speaking abilities etc. Even just enjoying the great art that comes out of the furry community can make someone a furry, as there is a clear aesthetic to a lot of it, that not everyone can enjoy(Appreciating the actual talent of the artist of course is different). They like pretending to be animals or they just really like animals. Maybe they go so far as to wear fursuits.
Do you consider yourself as a furry?
Yes. I've always loved anthropomorphic animals, from Warrior Cats to the Redwall books, Disney's Robin Hood, TLK, all that sort of stuff. I even had wolves for imaginary friends when I was little.
Do you have friends who play FeralHeart that don't consider themselves as a furry?
Yeah, for sure. A lot of people misunderstand the term anthropomorphic, thinking it means bipedal animals with thumbs. So they may think "I'm not furry, 'anthros' aren't my thing". However, anthropomorphic literally means to have human characteristics. Humanizing animals in any way for the purpose of entertainment can be considered furry. Not that it is bad!
Do you believe playing FeralHeart makes you a furry?
100% yes. You are running around pretending to be an animal with human emotions and talking ability. That's definitely furry.
Why do YOU enjoy FeralHeart?
As stated above, because I can run around pretending to be an animal with human emotions and talking ability, among other people who do the same.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:04:11 pm by Keru »
-Crazy dog lady

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 09:05:52 pm »
Interesting. Slight tw! for this.

1. It depends on the context. To give it a definition, someone who is a fan of anthromorphic animals and enjoys dressing as them or living like one. I do admit I sometimes overlap the term with otherkin (which I disagree with in all honesty), as in they believe to be an animal in a humans body(?), but I'll leave it at my previous statement for now.

2. Absolutely not. I have nothing against furries as a whole, but some parts of the fandom are just terrible, and I do not wish to associate with that in any way. Also, I don't think I could push myself to enjoy that sort of thing. Yes, I love animals, I always have since I could first think to myself, but it's more of a fascination and care for them than it is me wishing to become one or become like one (in a physical matter that is). I do draw animals, and most of my OCs are either animals, or humanoids with animal-like parts, but that does not make me a furry.

3. Almost all of them.

4. Honestly, if playing FeralHeart makes you a furry, then that means playing Overwatch or CSGO makes you a mass shooter, or if you play Skyrim it means that you're a dragon. No. Not even one bit.

5. Well, I'm currently enjoying a for-the-most-part leave from this game, but I loved the community, social environment, and the variety of possibilities of the game. RPG, chatter and adventure game all in one.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline RecklessHoodie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Ignore alien orders
    • recklesshoodie
    • bitwayward
    • recklesshoodie
    • View Profile
    • bitwayward
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 09:13:59 pm »
What is a furry to you?
Someone who likes to dress up as a animal or be a animal... I mean that's what I think it is.

No.

Do you have friends who play FeralHeart that don't consider themselves as a furry?
None of them consider themselves a furry.

I don't believe that makes anyone a furry. If a video game makes you into something, then I suppose someone who plays Grand Theft Auto is automatically a bank-robber and a criminal. 

This is probably silly because it's the whole point of the game but, I don't roleplay. I love meeting new people and just talking in general.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:58:03 am by RecklessHoodie »

Signature © peachano3o
Deviantart Tumblr
My Presets

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »
Honestly, I don't believe FeralHeart makes someone a furry in any sense. A furry is someone who enjoys anthrophomorphic, i.e. bipedal and two-legged animals, OR the anthropomorphic animals themselves which can also be called 'furries'.

FeralHeart is a game centered around quadruped animals, feral-form rather than anthro. Because these characters are feralform, four-legged, and not anthropomorphic, FeralHeart is not a furry game and thus liking it does not automatically make you a furry.

I do however consider myself a 'furry' in some manner due to the fact I like anthro animal characters such as those in Zootopia and always have. I find them adorable and fun to roleplay, write about, draw, and etc. Soo... I guess I am a furry in that respect. xD

(PSA tho to like, half of the entire internet: not all furries '[content removed by moderator]'. we literally just like anthro characters. we dont fetishize them. only a small handful of furries do this please leave us alone)

So no, FH is not a furry game and people who like FH are not automatically furries. Skyrim is more of a furry game than FH is, it has a furry cat race xD

I just like FH bc I love animals in general. They're cute and fluffy. I love the fluffs.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:35:44 pm by Warriorstrike »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 05:29:37 pm »
What is a furry to you?
A furry is someone who has an interest in anthropomorphic characters, has a fursona, and consider themselves one.
I technically am, so yeah. There's no denying it when my sketchbook is filled with anthropomorphic creatures.
I've gotten mixed responses over the years. Although most of the friends I had did not consider themselves one.
Nope. FeralHeart is very different from games such as Furcadia and Furvilla which both have a large furry following.
I like meeting new people and expressing my characters.

Offline sarabi26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • i hope you're having a great day!
    • malevolenthyena
    • hallucinatingmutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 05:51:25 pm »
hi, i'm frankie!

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »
One of my favourite sayings is "if the boot fits, wear it". Things are what you make them. If people consider this a furry game, fine. If not, also fine. At the end of the day, 'furry' is just a label.

I don't think there is one solid definition of a furry, seen as everyone is individual and the furry fandom is very broad. But it seems something they all have in common is animal/anthropomorphic animal characters.
Do I consider myself a furry? Yes and no. It's not something I've thought about extensively nor am I going to be too eager to stick labels on myself. What I will say is that I do sometimes feel that I can identify with animals, I enjoy making animal characters and I have a 'fursona' as a sort of mascot or representation of myself.

As for other people...whether they are furries or not does not matter to me. They can do as they please. I know of people here who are furries and some who aren't. Our community is a very diverse one.

I don't believe playing FeralHeart does make you a furry. Again, if the boot fits, wear it.

I enjoy FeralHeart becuase I like games that let me play as animal characters, which they're aren't many of. I like to roleplay with them from time to time. And becuase I've grown very fond of this place and made some good friends here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:23:39 pm by SpiritSilverWolf »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »
- What is a furry to you? -

In all honesty, I think being a furry should be simply narrowed down to whether or not you consider youself a member of the Furry Fandom. I've seen many people argue about what makes someone a furry and what doesn't for YEARS. The argument never really ends. Everyone wants to create terms and conditions that'll make someone a furry even if they don't want to be one. I don't think that is right, so this is my conclusion. Furry is a label you choose upon proclaiming yourself as a member of the Furry Fandom.

I've seen tons of animal artists who have a fursona but want nothing to do with the Furry Fandom and the label "furry." Out of respect, the fact that they love animals and have an animal representation of themselves does not make them a furry. Literally anyone can love animals or anthropomorphic animals and have a fursona. The label "furry" belongs to the Furry Fandom anyway, and for someone to call themselves a furry but not be a part of the Furry Fandom would be strange.

- Do you consider yourself as a furry? -

I've been part of the Furry Fandom since I was 15. For 8 years. I was much more active in the fandom for the first 5 years, but lately I have rarely paid any attention to anything anthropomorphic. Even simply drawing animals has dropped pretty low for me, as I've been focusing a lot more on human characters.

I have been to local furmeets and a furry convention. They're interesting, to say the least... Not entirely my kind of people. Ironically, I actually relate a lot better to those who aren't furries and probably also avoid them.

- Do you have friends who play FeralHeart that don't consider themselves as a furry? -

I've never actually had a friend here. Possibly because I'm more of a lurker and content provider (even though I'm not so great at continuing what I start...) than anything else. But that doesn't matter.

- Do you believe playing FeralHeart makes you a furry? -

Absolutely not. My reason was already stated when answering the first question.

- Why do YOU enjoy FeralHeart? -

Sometimes I honestly don't know... As many times as I've tried to get away from this place, I keep coming back. Maybe it's because of the fact that I can create things and add it into the game. Although, I haven't even created anything for FH in a long while...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:17:32 am by Alphabet »

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 05:01:03 am »
What is a furry to you?
A Furry to me is one that is a fan of Anthropomorphic characters. (Ex. Nick Wilde, Bugs Bunny) And surprisingly, most furries don't really have a suit of some kind. Some are mostly into the art style, some are into literature, some even into music. (Like me)
Most are stereotyped to act weird in their suits. Some do, some don't. Humans have the same style as furries, just a little different.

Yes. Been that way for a long time.

Yep. Plenty.

No, I honestly do not. The game is like WolfQuest. Does the game make you a furry? No. You're roleplaying AS wolves.

Feralheart has some of the most nicest, funniest, wisest, and even some of the most craziest. I've met all kinds here. The game has changed my life, in many ways.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 05:21:28 pm »
Thank you all for your feedback and thoughts on this subject! It's something that's been on my mind for a while but never really knew how to phrase it.
It's been most interesting to read.
RETIRED.