Author Topic: Map maker issue  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Nishka

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map maker issue
« on: August 01, 2011, 09:04:47 pm »
Ive been having this problem for a while, and when i re-downloaded Fh because of a different problem, i though this was gone but its not... I can only make one map because when i create another map, test it, and go back to making it, All the objects from my other map show up.

Screenshots:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ymxaaq&s=7

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
Re: Map maker issue
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »
Thats a glitch :3

Try to save the map before you test it. Because then you can exit and go back to the map and the objects from other maps should be gone

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:08 pm »
Wow, I have never heard of this happening... Maybe your computer can't handle making maps. My friend had a problem similar to this and to this day, she can't figure out how to fix it, and neither can anyone else. I suggest searching through the help threads in the forum to see if there are other people with this problem. Best of luck fixing it. D:

EDIT: Or you could do what Rim said and save before testing. XD Unfortunately my friend tried that too and still can't fix her problem. >>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:14:27 pm by wolffox »

Offline Nishka

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »
I would save it before testing but now it wont even let me save it. What ever i put, it says invalid map name, although i know its not an invalid name..

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »
Try to rename it?

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
this happens to me, i think the map is saving it in the temp file. It loads the files from a previous map you have made. Not sure why but i think its a glitch alright. What might be best to do is to uninstall the previous map and all its objects so that they wont show up in the new map your making. Make sure to clear the temp file. But only do this when you have exported your other map. So that you dont have to redo everything again.

Offline Nishka

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 11:46:50 pm »
Thanks. I also got the invalid map name to work by deleting the map and going back to it. Luckily i didnt put that many objects in the map yet xD. And what do you mean by uninstalling the map? deleting the folder?

Offline Nishka

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 03:34:19 pm »
Do i delete the stuff from my map thats in exports, in terrains, or in the compressed zip folder? I have a group that goes in the map and im getting new members that download the map, i just dont want to mess up the download by deleting stuff.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:35:55 pm by Silviana »