Author Topic: Map Masking  (Read 1508 times)

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Map Masking
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:59:49 pm »
Hey everyone! I have a pretty big problem here that I can't seem to figure out. When I make masks for my maps and I upload them into my map, the terrain turns all black, and when I switch the terrains, it won't change colors. It also won't change colors when I switch between masks. I use GIMP to make my heightmaps, and everything works fine, but the masking gives me problems. I use blue green and red for the colors (and I make them "pure" or 255 for each color; if you have GIMP you'll know what I mean XD), and I follow all the correct steps, but I always get black! Does anyone suggest anything to help this problem? Thanks again!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Map Masking
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:14:22 am »
Try switching it to a .jpg, load that .jpg, then save it as a .png again.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:16:01 am »

-ninja'd by Ruby- XD

Unfortunately this isn't quite up my alley... Did you use only one layer for the mask? Has this happened before? Did you try uninstalling the game completely, and then reinstalling? You might be able to find more help in other threads in the help section. Sorry I can't do much, but before doing anything you should definitely try reinstalling after uninstalling and completely removing the game (this means deleting the FH folder and all its contents, but **remember to back up your maps and custom files first!!** That fixes most problems like this. Best of luck.

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:01 pm »
Thanks I'll try all of this, and if it still doesn't work I'll let you guys know ^_^'