Trouble with height map please help

rak$ha
1 (100%)
red
0 (0%)
ruby
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Trouble with height map please help  (Read 1577 times)

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • :D
    • View Profile
Trouble with height map please help
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:39:36 pm »
ok so i made a height map and i sent it to my friend for her map and it worked then my computer got restarted so i lost everthing. now her comp had the same so i went on the map and took a screenshit of the small map to the top left hand corner and i pasted it into gimp and saved it with a .png but it wont work how do i make it work  ??
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IS USE.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND ME CONTACT;

Black_Veil_Brides on the forum.
Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with height map please help
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:49:50 pm »
Taking a screenshot will not work as far as I know. Unfortunately you need the actual file. Losing everything is a bummer but next time remember to save!

Edit: Although if your friend has the map and you simply want it, he/she can email the files to you so you can get in. If you only sent him/her the files after you exported, you won't be able to edit, but if you sent him/her the actual .png heightmap file, you can get it back that way. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:00:48 pm by wolffox »

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »
You will need to go into gimp, and change the height map to grayscale apposed to RBG.

It is an option along to top tool bar-<Image> Image -> Mode -> Greyscale. One you have done that save it again and it should work.

[Edit] Not sure if the size matters in height maps as well but if so, go to Image-Scale Image and change them both to 512. And save it and again should now work.

Hope all goes well and good luck on your map!!! :)

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 06:08:41 pm »
nope not working :(  and btw my comp had EVERTHERING and so was my friends had the same so on the map i took a screen shot of the really small map think so im trying to use that
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:23:39 pm by Adjazz »
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IS USE.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND ME CONTACT;

Black_Veil_Brides on the forum.
Or blackVbrides ingame

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »
Tell your friend to resend you the heightmap, and then use that, in grayscale and 512 by 512. It should work.

If you sent her all the original map files and not just the exported ones, then you will be able to edit etc. If not then im sorry but you will be unable to retrieve that heightmap. You may want to invest in an autosave download or try to retrieve any lost files.