Author Topic: Why Is The Game Coding Simple?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Why Is The Game Coding Simple?
« on: June 22, 2019, 03:35:57 am »
Another question is, why can't they make new models like tails,wings,ears?

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Why Is The Game Coding Simple?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 04:21:06 am »
Because the original developer (KovuLKD) left the game unfinished for personal reasons. No one on the staff team at the time received the game's source code from him, so the game is unable to become modified beside server or client side changes.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 06:17:08 am »
Moving this over to game help~

Aye, despite years of trying staff has been unsuccessful in attempts made to contact LKD. We don't know why he decided to leave. The only ways we can modify the game are by changing maps, markings, etc
Farewell everyone<3

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 06:23:03 am »
Aye, despite years of trying staff has been unsuccessful in attempts made to contact LKD. We don't know why he decided to leave. The only ways we can modify the game are by changing maps, markings, etc
Heard from word of mouth that he now works for a game company.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »
As the others have stated, Kovu is no longer with FeralHeart as he left a long time ago; so there is no way to get into the coding because he only had access. c: Though, simple things can be edited such as markings, etc. Things that normal users can, essentially as Kerriki mentioned.

I wish things were different and I do wish he came back to at least share the code with the team so more can be done for the community. I would love to see that happen but alas, it most likely won't ever unfortunately. :c
not active here anymore ♡

BirdieBeep

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 09:51:04 pm »
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the game's original creator has left. But we are fortunate that markings, maps, and the UV can be changed. And of course we have some really awesome modders in the community who've done well at enhancing the game, and I know some have even switched out the meshes for ears and tails with their own, but if you wanna spice up your game you can check here and see if anything looks cool to you ^^

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 10:11:27 pm »
"Why Is The Game Coding Simple?"
"why can't they make new models like tails,wings,ears?"

It is not. There are just some parts of the game that can be modified with no coding required. Also I do not believe taking much of someones valuable time for creating a well-developed modification (Art) to be even remotely simple. However, as mentioned earlier, making replacement tails and stuff isn't impossible while adding new tails and stuff would require the missing source code due to the game having hard-coded limits.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 03:19:50 am »
from what i've heard the code is unique in that kovulkd put his own little spicy twist on it
so it's practically illegible to other coders. that's how most code schemas tend to go no matter the game or platform - if you aren't learned in it, you're in for a trip

so yeah
you can technically add these things, but they'd have to replace old ones which is likely never going to happen.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline cattails

• ✨ mom said it's my turn on the xbox ✨
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • bee movie was okay
    • littlefelines.deviantART.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 04:08:47 am »
In regards to the second question:
It's actually not that hard to make new models. Anyone with enough 3D modeling and coding experience can do it. I've done it myself with several feline ears and tails.

Like Jango_Fett said, the biggest problem is that you can't simply add things like new body part models into the game (as far as I know). You have to overwrite a preexisting model to add in a new one. If you want to, say, make a new tail, you need to choose one of the tails already in the game to replace. You also can't rename them in any way. If you make a feather tail to replace Ftail5, it's always going to be called "tailless" no matter what you do.

Still, given that it's possible to replace ears and tails, it should (in theory) be possible to replace the entire canine and feline models, but then you run into another problem: the difficulty of actually accomplishing such an enormous task. It's much harder to modify, convert, export, and properly import an entire model than it is to do the same with just ears. The process of importing and overwriting models involves finding very specific blocks of code in your original file and replacing them with new blocks from your exported file. The more complex a model is, the harder it is to accomplish this without messing up. If you don't know exactly what you're doing, it simply won't work. Heck, sometimes it doesn't work even if you do know exactly what you're doing. :(

^ this is an example of what happens when the code isn't 1000% perfect ^

ALSO, ofc, what we can replace is limited by what we can access. While it's possible to replace the bodies, ears, tails, and manes, I don't believe it's possible for the average person to replace the wings. There isn't a publicly available .blend file that includes the wings and their skeletons. Without those, the best you'd be able to get is an item.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:17:07 am by cattails »

Offline x0Wolfchild0x

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Fh keeps crashing
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 04:17:10 am »
Ok so im really confused on how i make a post so idk if im replying to a thread or not. Regardless i need some help. Im not tech savvy at all. When i play feral heart it lets me play for a good solid minute. Then it says "Reconnecting...." then "Lost Connection, Would you like to reconnect?" When i click 'ok' it doesnt reconnect and when i click cancel it just keeps popping up "Lost connection". I thought i ruined the game so i re downloaded it 3 times. Yes i actually uninstalled it too. Then i thought "Well i have wifi so i dont know why fh is doing this." I restarted my wifi router twice and still, the problem doesnt fix. i deleted every file and re downloaded everything. Idk what im doing wrong. Ive read other threads saying to change my rendering. I did its OpenDGL or something like that. qwq... someone please help im a noob.