Author Topic: Crude, Rude, Or just mean? Or a angel  (Read 4596 times)

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
Crude, Rude, Or just mean? Or a angel
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:01:05 pm »
Yesterday in the early morning I went on My Pack leader char and went to our Temporary camp to take care of a few pack things, such as Group bio my own bio etc. And then a random person comes up to me and says "would you like to hear a joke?" And so I said yes. 

I in NO way was prepared for what came next.

He just kept on making joke about autistic, Deppresed People. People with cancer. So then some one then came up and said "Thats not cool." So me being just speechless said "Thats Very rude and inconsiderate especially considering I have mild depression."
He then said "If your so depressed then go kill your self." So I was just in complicate rage. The other Nice guy said. "Thats  a very [Removed by Moderator.] think to say you need to get a life and stop telling people to kill them selves to kill them selves." So in the end we both blocked him and I befriended the person who stood up for me.

This just came to say how mean and rude people can be but there are more angels on Fh then demons. So This is not a I'm leaving but rather a rantish thing. Mods if you see problems with this thread Feel free to lock it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:39:44 am by PrettyReckless »
Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Crude, Rude, Or just mean? Or a angel
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 03:11:04 pm »
This is not ok. I personally am not offended by jokes like this, but it is still incredibly insensitive towards the people who are. I too have depression, though I'm seeking treatment, and I have a very close friend with VERY severe depression. He's too shy to speak up about it, but in Skype calls, we all make fun of eachother and we all laugh about it, but a few other members still don't know when to stop. I just had to talk to them about it, and now they're all apologizing and supporting him.
People can be cruel, but we can be there for eachother, and coming together to help someone's differences and insecurities is what really matters in a community. You are right, there are more angels than demons on this game and in this world.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:11:27 pm »
Ah yes, one of the -many- reasons I hate people.

I seriously hate it when people joke about Depression and stuff like that. It's not like we want to be this broken. People, come on. "Go kill yourself cause you have Depression", really? Wasn't our choice to have it.

Here I am ranting too, but come on. Just because we have Depression, doesn't mean we should kill ourselves. Sure, a lot of people have thoughts of that, and even more do the thing. And sayng "go kill urself" is bullying. It's actually considered murder if someone kills themselves because they were so depressed and someone said that.

Depression, Cancer, Anxiety, everything else is not a joke people. It's a serious problem in the world. Mm, my own rant over, I guess >.>

When will people realize that all these things aren't a joking matter? I know there's a ton of people in the world who know this, but there's even more people who joke about it. It's a serious problem, people.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »
I almost forgot, there is another side to this, I think.

Though it is inexcusable to make such comments or "jokes" around those who are sensitive to such issues, as a sufferer of ADD, depression, anxiety and sound sensitivities (the very severe kind, many noises can hurt me), I find that sometimes, it can make me feel better to make fun of, not the issues and how they affect others, but how I've experienced them. It actually makes me feel better. Of course, only with people who are comfortable with this.

Two months ago, I was near-suicidal. One of the first things I learned in therapy, was that it's ok to feel bad about things, and my therapist taught me to take things I'm not comfortable with about myself, and make them into things that make me, and my twisted little friends smile. I stopped being the downer at parties, and I became more of the comedian instead. It's been helping some of my anxious/depressed friends too, and I feel much more comfortable in my own skin now.

There is a big difference, however, between private conversations with others who relate and can get off of humor, and are not offended, and telling others to "kill themselves." I have a very dark sense of humor, though I make sure others are ok with it before I let it show, but of all the dark jokes I've ever made, telling others to commit suicide is one that I will not stand for. Even if it's joking among friends, it may make the friend seem like he/she's unwanted, and not really a friend. It's terrible to have no friends, but I think it's worse to feel like a fake friend. I know. I've been there. This person is a jerk. If someone is uncomfortable with a dark joke, they need to stop. There is no excuse for offending another on purpose.

Sorry this was more ranty than my last post. I've done some thinking, and I wanted to present another point of view. I'm ready for the hating now.

nya

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
As you said I am okay with joking around with my depression with My CLOSE friends because we ALL get laughs from it. But this... This was just harassment. Like fire said we in no way said "I want depression so then I can have suicidal thoughts and almost kill myself." No. Just no. I am still Going to keep play feral heart as often a I can.
Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:27:00 pm »
As you said I am okay with joking around with my depression with My CLOSE friends because we ALL get laughs from it. But this... This was just harassment. Like fire said we in no way said "I want depression so then I can have suicidal thoughts and almost kill myself." No. Just no. I am still Going to keep play feral heart as often a I can.

Another very important thing. Not all depression is suicide. Even severe depression can just take the form of complete loss of motivation, emotion, or feeling down from once enjoyable activity. More people need to understand this, I think.

nya

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:36:01 pm »
Humor is subjective.

Some people have darker humor than others, and some of it can be really unfunny.

The guy who did this did so for a reaction, because sometimes people's reactions to something outrageous are funny.
Can't really do much to stop such a thing.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:39:42 pm »
Personally, I do joke about depression, having it myself, and honestly this makes me feel better. I joke about a lot of dark or controversial things within my friend group, but the key word is that this is my friend group. However, I only joke about it with people who are also comfortable with it, and most of the jokes are just aimed to make fun of myself instead of other people. I would never go to a random person like that and just tell someone to "kill yourself". There's a difference between making dark jokes in your close circle of friends and telling some random person with depression to die.

I don't get offended by jokes like this, even by strangers, but I can see how some would, and just telling someone to kill themself isn't really humor. There's a huge difference between jokes between friends and just harassment.

Just remember that everyone has a different sense of humor, but the situation the humor is used in is what makes it acceptable or not. In your situation, that's definitely not okay, as that's a random person who has no idea what you're like or what you're comfortable with. He most definitely aimed to harass you and those people, not to make a joke but perhaps didn't know where it was appropriate to make them.

Basically, to sum up my ramble of a point: dark humor and joking about stuff like depression is OK as long as you're within your own group of friends who are comfortable with it and do not feel uncomfortable with this type of humor. Dark humor intended to hurt someone and used with random strangers is NOT OK.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 04:41:24 pm »
First off, I definitely agree with what's already been said, and I'll try not to repeat that.

I can't say if I have depression currently (could just generally be a moody teenager), since I've never been officially diagnosed by a therapist or whatever. But it was merely years ago when I believe I did have it to some degree... Anyway, it's a very complicated subject, I think. But basically, even with having gone through stuff similar, supposedly, I'm not usually offended by these jokes either. (Unless it's to the extreme, like saying "I want to kill him/her" in a certain tone. I'll mainly be disturbed, though. I'm a sensitive child. 8u) I have a dark sense of humor myself, even expressing that in roleplays and such or in conversation.

BUT AS I MENTIONED there's extremes, like that. Cancer is no joke, nothing I'd laugh about. Nor is autism, or depression, at least in my case. Or mental disorders in general, really.

Sorry if this seems kinda derpy BI I'm physically feeling weird right now, so like...

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 04:52:35 pm »
To make it short and sweet,

This is a world that we're growing up in.

Some people have a weird , dark sense of humor. What you saw as dark and what others saw as dark, may not have been dark to them. They might've actually associated themselves with people who joked about the same thing and had no issue with it until they used it outside their known audience.
I believe the part that had them overstepped the line was Go Kill Yourself Since that's a very powerful thing to say. Suicide is not really something that should be taken lightly as it could affect people differently depending on the impact of that / those words.

But yes, I agree.... There are some lovely floofs that are willing to help out or even defend one another in this 'cruel' place we call home.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7