Author Topic: Lots of Members Leaving  (Read 10693 times)

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of Members Leaving
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2021, 12:22:05 am »
I agree with everything said by Ironic and BloodWinsAll. I think that we need to stop concerning ourselves so much with the fact that people are leaving. I’d like to make the point that a lot of people have left because of the fact that well— a majority of people that played back in the early days of FH have ‘aged out’ if you will. I’m 22 myself but I still play because I have the time, I love this community, and I love the friends I’ve made during my years being here. I started playing in 2011 and went until 2017. I then took a break and came back in 2020 because of some friends and the newfound time I had due to the pandemic and I’m happy to say I’m probably back to stay. I’m not on all the time, no one can be on all the time, but what matters is the community that we’ve built, not the amount of people on the game.

Not to mention the fact that there are new people joining every day, new groups being created and active ones continuing to thrive, maps and presets are still being made.

As Blood pointed out, Ame’s been hinting at some new content which will surely gain some attention, might bring in more new players and may even bring back some old ones.

The community is what matters to keep the game going. The community is what is going to keep the game alive. As long as there are just a few people who care about Feralheart, it’s not going to just die out. I don’t think that we need to dwell upon the fact that so many members are leaving. They had their reasons to go, whether it be time, drama, or just lack of interest.

I hate that so often there are people saying it’s dead. Like I said it’s not dead until there is literally no one online and no one doing anything with the game anymore. If you care a lot about the game, you’re going to stick around unless you really have reason for leaving.

To finish myself off I’d just like to quote this part of Blood’s post:

I think it is also important to remember that people have real lives, and while we may see familiar faces leaving after many years online-- let's all remember priorities change as we get older. Some of us will stick around, some of us will move on, and some of us will leave and go and leave and go and leave and go.

It is not the number of members we have online, but the quality of the community we have created.

As she wrote... the quality of the community is what matters. And we’re happy to be apart of this community. We want to build it up, and those of us that are here to stay are going to do just that. We’re going to keep this community as friendly and welcoming as possible, just as it has been for a long time.   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:23:42 am by toonanimals317 »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

arilioness

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2021, 09:07:14 am »
Even though i don't come back to the game as much anymore i do agree with all the things said above. Even though there is alot of silence when i come into the game i do sometimes find new best friends on it which is really nice and i might give the game a full chance back again when i have more time

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2021, 03:56:38 pm »
Well, hey- guys, it's all good!
Technically, I'd be considered an inactive player... Due to being busy with real life activities, but as soon as I get some free time, I'd gladly hop on and enjoy the peaceful game, again, like always!

Honestly, I'd say I am somewhat of a kid, too, really- Most people much older than me still play and develop games. xD So, it's not only about the activity of players but also about their faith and loyalty in the game. Especially now, with the illness affecting many people and countries. If we stay as a group through this rough time, it'll be easier afterwards. As for the game; it just needs some time to adjust, that's all~ <3

Stay safe everyone! Everything will be good

Well said Bluu. I think that sometimes we all overlook the fact that simple things in everyday life are often the cause of people not being able to play versus them leaving because they want to leave.

Aw, yeah, mhm- thank you, Dylan. That's exactly what I mean. Many people are just caught up in work and chores, caring for their family members, and many other things... but as summer comes- It is likely that the schedule will free up for most players and people, in general. Probably, we just need a bit more patience and faith. That's all~

Correct me where something needs correcting, but all I will say: The community needs to be grateful for what we have so far. Yea, we may be short and quiet, but we're still active. What Bluu has explained thus far, I couldn't agree more. The previous people who had played has been either left the game entirely or got caught up with real-life issues but return once things are moving according to their lives. We, as members of the community, can't let this bring us down and give up. We should use what we have, gather talented people, and bring this game to go used. For that to happen, we need leadership and need that quickly. We need members - not only staff - but members to work together and create events.

Honestly, I am becoming rather annoyed by the complaining and the loud outbursts 'it's dead, let's head somewhere else'; if you stay and try to adjust to the new environment, then you will see it just the same regular feralheart - just fewer people. FeralHeart can only be FeralHeart if you accept how it is and go with the flow; people don't know they are actually helping the game if they stayed and gave the game a chance, but that's me.

And the game is not technically dying because people are joining by the day, so is it really dead? The only thing that is holding users back is the FeralHeart.exe, as the downloading process is tricky. Otherwise, thats it.

Oh yes, I completely agree with you Ironic, and thank you for supporting me. We do need leadership, and like I've mentioned many times before; more faith, more loyalty, more patience. With those three 'key ingredients', if only most members ( not just staff ) could acquire them, FeralHeart would slowly be able to rise its head above the water again. Swim back from the depths of the sea, and rise its head to breathe again. The people have to ask themselves this question; Do you love this game? Do you want it to continue to live?

If yes, then please be kind and strong enough to stay, help, and fix it.

It's like treating a person... Say, when your best friend or family member is having a rough time, and you see them drowning in their own doubt? Do you leave them, because they're 'dying'? No. You don't. You stay with them through their downs, to help pull them back out, and help them rise again. Same rules apply to FeralHeart. If you really, and truly care... Then people would have to find the strength to stick through its downs, as well.

Again, nobody has to agree with me, but that's how I see it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 04:18:52 pm by BluuLeopard »
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2021, 05:39:00 pm »
Oh yes, I completely agree with you Ironic, and thank you for supporting me. We do need leadership, and like I've mentioned many times before; more faith, more loyalty, more patience. With those three 'key ingredients', if only most members ( not just staff ) could acquire them, FeralHeart would slowly be able to rise its head above the water again. Swim back from the depths of the sea, and rise its head to breathe again. The people have to ask themselves this question; Do you love this game? Do you want it to continue to live?

If yes, then please be kind and strong enough to stay, help, and fix it.

It's like treating a person... Say, when your best friend or family member is having a rough time, and you see them drowning in their own doubt? Do you leave them, because they're 'dying'? No. You don't. You stay with them through their downs, to help pull them back out, and help them rise again. Same rules apply to FeralHeart. If you really, and truly care... Then people would have to find the strength to stick through its downs, as well.

Again, nobody has to agree with me, but that's how I see it.

I couldn’t agree with you more, Bluu! Those of us that care about the game and want it to continue on will stick around. I love the metaphor you gave, we wouldn’t leave someone we care about just because they’re struggling, so we shouldn’t leave behind a game that we care about just because people are leaving/it doesn’t seem as strong as it used to be. Instead we should stay with it, support it, and try to lift it up just like we would with a friend having a hard time.

Thanks for this post, Bluu! I think it perfectly sums up how we should be feeling about the game. The people leaving have their reasons and we need to respect that, but we’re going to be the ones keeping the game alive and happy and thriving.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2021, 08:39:00 pm »
I totally agree with Bluu and I'd just like to add that it will take all of us, not just the staff, to fix what is broken here. The success or failure of any game is based on not just the ones in charge of it, but also those who play it. We cannot do nothing and expect things to improve. There are plenty of things we can do here to improve the state of this game as a whole and the more people who do something to help, the faster things can get back to normal.

arilioness

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2021, 08:14:45 am »
What if we host some sorta event where all players who can and want to come can like hop into one place in the game and we can do something together there or such?

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2021, 04:17:47 pm »
Sounds like a good idea to me, but we will have to figure out what sort of event and when to host it and advertise it in advance so many people will see it. But ultimately it will still come down to whether each individual wants to come or not. Perhaps it could be some sort of FH goodwill/reunion party?

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 03:15:49 am »
What if we host some sorta event where all players who can and want to come can like hop into one place in the game and we can do something together there or such?

Many people host unofficial events for the game. I will say, that a lot of players that are in-game do not always check the forums. I, myself, for the longest time only used the forum for Maps, meshes, and mods. With the play-game tab there is a bit more traffic, but you don't always need to check the forums on your way to that either.

With that in mind, any larger-scale event should probably take place in The Grounds, or be advertised there, so people can follow the party to whichever map the host chooses.

Ironic

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 09:24:48 am »
You can also advertise the event in FeralHeart society, but when I was use to be the owner for FeralHeartians, events weren't much popular, if that make sense. However, movie nights were the real deal and everyone loved it. Anyhow, hosting an event wouldn't be bad, you just need to figure out what people to have inside the event.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 02:13:26 pm »
Advertising unofficial events effectively has always been a big problem. Back when FH had like 200 - 300 players I hosted a Thanksgiving event, and only a few people came. It goes the same way now regardless of where or even how the event is advertised. And every time, I also advertised in the grounds. But apparently the majority of the people playing these days just aren't interested I guess.