Author Topic: I'm not sure if this is the right place for this?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline XeekyXeek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Mystery-Amalgamate
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this?
« on: July 28, 2012, 04:14:45 pm »
..I guess this counts as an opinion and sort of a concern. If it's in the wrong thread or whatever feel free to move it.

I've been seeing a lot of... Dog Fighting RPs lately. Not that people can't RP what they want but it hurts to see Dog Fighting in particular. Not saying dogs can't generally fight either, but they're actually holding these fights in rings, the rings being made up of dogs. Now... I just don't like this because when I think of Dog Fighting, I remember that in the real it's illegal. Don't those RPers know that too? And if they don't, they should... I'm sorry, this is just something that's been bugging me for the past few days.
No, I'm not being "butthurt", I'm stating my solid opinion.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place for this?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:45:40 pm »
..I guess this counts as an opinion and sort of a concern. If it's in the wrong thread or whatever feel free to move it.

I've been seeing a lot of... Dog Fighting RPs lately. Not that people can't RP what they want but it hurts to see Dog Fighting in particular. Not saying dogs can't generally fight either, but they're actually holding these fights in rings, the rings being made up of dogs. Now... I just don't like this because when I think of Dog Fighting, I remember that in the real it's illegal. Don't those RPers know that too? And if they don't, they should... I'm sorry, this is just something that's been bugging me for the past few days.
No, I'm not being "butthurt", I'm stating my solid opinion.

I agree, they can get annoying but they are allowed to do this, it's their way of being creative. I don't see them too often & If I did, I would just go with the flow, though.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:18:38 pm »
Merr, I have seen a lot of them also. More and more lately, it seems. And of course dog fighting is nothing to play or joke about. However, as long as they're following FH rules and keeping their roleplay appropriate enough for others to read, it is allowed.

My suggestion if it concerns you somewhat; watch a few of the roleplays. If they get inappropriate or extremely offensive to other users, screenshot the chat and usernames, and we'll put a stop to it. Right now I don't see any problem with it though, aside from a few users like you and I who get a bit ticked at the whole concept of it.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 12:47:20 am »
I see a lot of those in Bonfire, and there's usually a pretty decent-sized one in the Ficho Tunnel.

I understand your feelings. Dogfighting is awful, but as long as they're just playing around and not being too serious about it, I don't see a problem with it. It's like those shooter-style war videogames (to use a terrible analogy, here). We all know guns are weapons and war is awful, but I think most of us understand that sitting in your room and blowing up a tank on a tv screen is different from pushing a button and dropping a bomb on an actual building. I think the dogfight rpers know that real-life dogfighting is evil and illegal, but they just like playing around and they are just trying to find a way to entertain themselves.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 02:36:26 am »
Before I get into this, yes dog fighting is bad and illegal.

But this is FH, it's not "real" so to speak. So the dogs fighting is no different to when you see wolves fighting, lions fighting, lion v wolf, lions v dragons, all the derpy warrior cat fights and so on. It's still fighting regardless of species, and people with dog characters still have every right to fight as much as a lion/wolf/dragon/chicken/pokemon/cat/etc.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:40 pm »
I agree on the point these RPs can get a bit annoying at times -- the first time I saw the Ficho group I thought Bonfire had moved into the tunnel. (trololo') But, I agree with the w01440x (Trolololol, again); I've seen these groups sometimes edging in to offensivity.

At the time, though, we should just let them be, in my opinion. At least until things get out of hand.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo