Author Topic: Aro'kai  (Read 31511 times)

wolfdog01

Re: Aro'kai
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:30:03 am »
True, but I have heard some downsides, though I don't know if they are true.
For example:
~Certain chats for certain animals
~No chat at all (I'm not sure about that one though)
~Sepcific maps for specific animals

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 06:45:42 am »
A lot of people do not believe that Arokai will be released, due to the fact that Super stated she was loosing interest in her notes for the canine editor release;
Quote from: Superfeesh
Now for the real notes.

I have to admit that I completely halted development on this project for about a month and a half. I needed to take some time and reconsider my goals with this project, because it really is a time consuming project. I don't have the time that I used to anymore to work on this.

Because of my limited time, I am considering going open source with it and releasing this thing into the wild, while downsizing my goals. The thing is, I'm finding myself not caring about it as much as I used to. I'm actually happy with just creating this glorified character editor so that perhaps other talented individuals can take it and hopefully develop it into part of a larger, unified game of some kind.

So I've decided to release what I've had sitting on my hard drive for a month and a half. This canine character editor. It's kinda basic and may get boring fast, but I hope you have some fun with it. It took a lot of hard work just to get to this point. Writing code isn't easy, and I'm self-taught.

So... play with it for a few minutes then delete it if you want. Whatever... I really don't care what you do with it!

Known Issues
- The game WILL crash after the fifth time you reload the character. It's a memory leak and I haven't addressed it yet out of pure apathy.
- The height/width/length sliders are purposely disabled. Tough luck, buddy. Guess you'll have to make midget wolfs later.
- Colors/Proportion sliders are not updated upon starting the program. It's not really a problem, just an aesthetic thing.

Also, DEAR GOD PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THE FOLDERS AROUND. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
Just leave everything in the folders and arrangement it came in. It won't work otherwise.

That's all for this release. Feel free to make your own markings and send them to me so I can implement them in future releases. There are instructions in the markings.xml file in the canine folder.

I realize that now that this is on the internet, it probably won't die. So I'd like to take a moment to insert an enthusiastic "HI!" to future internet archaelogists, in the event that one ever stumbles upon this document.

And with that...
Happy 2012! I wish everyone a great year ahead!

SUPERFEESH

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 11:04:58 am »
Do you download that canine character editor of the actual website now, because last time I downloaded it of Deviantart and it didn't really work....

Offline Mynameishilter

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 01:52:40 pm »
I'd enjoy Arokai, but I'll still go on FH, IW, Wolfquest, Digimon Masters Online, etc.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »
Do you download that canine character editor of the actual website now, because last time I downloaded it of Deviantart and it didn't really work....

Mine's from dA, you just have to know where to put the files.

Offline DemonicHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~(.O.)~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 04:04:52 pm »
So from that long note from Superfeesh that Ruby quoted on... I have a feeling they will leave it but it will still be there and someone else will get a hold of it and try to either finish it or get rid of it.

Offline Mynameishilter

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 06:14:26 pm »
Speaking, I'm making a really fun dragon game. Once I finish it you guys can all roleplay on there if you want. :3

Offline DemonicHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~(.O.)~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 03:52:40 am »
:O I would love to play it xD I freaking love dragons :3

Offline obipear

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 06:26:22 pm »

Nair

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »
I dunno what to think about it :/.
I think FH is and will be better than Arokai,
'cause this real stuff is pretty cool, but I like
the style of FH-Charas more ^-^. In PC-/PS3-Whatever-Games
I love this graphic, but in this kind of 'RPG'/Chat, I like the FH-Style
more. That's just my reason, why I'll stay in FH :3.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:15:37 pm by Nair »