Author Topic: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the a  (Read 740 times)

Offline lionheart2061

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Hey y'all. As you can guess, I'm having problems. Well, every time I click on the FH icon I receive this message, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I was on last night for about an hour sitting around and just talking to pack mates, no problems. Tried getting on today after school and BAM. Now, before you ask, no, I have not changed anything with the file location, no computer update (Although there is one I just haven't updated yet). I will also provide a list of the things I have tried:

1) Changing permissions. Although I am the only account on my laptop, I'm also the administration account, so just in case I went into the file and changed the properties. Nope.
2) Turned off my antivirus security. Nope.
3) Allowed the program access through the firewall. Nope
4) Tried re-installing the game. Nope.

So my only question.... Why is it now suddenly stopped working and how is it fixed!?

I have a Windows 8.1 ASUS Laptop if that helps...

" Although the memories may fade, we still live on.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
This issue can occur if any of the following scenarios exist on your PC.

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.
-The file has been moved or deleted.
-The file or shortcut is corrupt.
-The file may be blocked by Windows.
-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

[took this from the Microsoft website, sorry if it isn't too helpful or it doesn't solve the problem.]

in-game: hooli