Author Topic: Feralheart Plez  (Read 1438 times)

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • tfw you're gender neutral
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
Feralheart Plez
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:17:05 am »
I am freaking out a little bit. Just a little.. but for good reasons.
Every morning, I put 30 minutes into map making. Instead this morning something different happened. I clicked on the feralheart icon, it shows up on my hot bar (I'm on a mac by the way) then after a few seconds, it closes itself out. There's not even a window that pops up, just nothing happens. I tried copying the feralheart file and pasting it in another folder and I've tried restarting my computer. It does the same thing every time.
Now the reason Im freaking out so much, is because I have maps on there, groups I need to reunite with, it's becoming a huge problem. (This isn't the first time it has happened) I'm done having to re-download feralheart and loosing my maps.
I'm to bored to make a formal and proper signature.

wolfdog01

Re: Feralheart Plez
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:18:53 am »
Hmm, I may not have a Mac, but it sounds like similar problems that I have had. Though Idk how I fixed it, if you do end up having to reinstall though, you can simply take out all of the map files including the particles, terrains, map files, cfgs, etc. and put them on your desktop then when you redownload the game, simply move everything back. If it ends up still having that problem after all of this, then it may be something to do with the maps. Hope this helped! ^^

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:26:10 am »
Did you make sure you didn't have any double particles?
Any files that you see that has a '_0' on the end of is usually the reason your game would be doing this, especially since map making is involved.

in-game: hooli

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 07:29:08 am »
I use a mac and this happens often.

Restart your computer/laptop and re-open the game and it will open.

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 07:00:24 pm »
Hmm, I may not have a Mac, but it sounds like similar problems that I have had. Though Idk how I fixed it, if you do end up having to reinstall though, you can simply take out all of the map files including the particles, terrains, map files, cfgs, etc. and put them on your desktop then when you redownload the game, simply move everything back. If it ends up still having that problem after all of this, then it may be something to do with the maps. Hope this helped! ^^
Ill definitely give it a shot! Thought it will probably be a last resort, I thank you for your feedback!

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 07:03:33 pm »
Did you make sure you didn't have any double particles?
Any files that you see that has a '_0' on the end of is usually the reason your game would be doing this, especially since map making is involved.

I never really use particles when making maps, I like to think about the people who are going to use the maps. Though since this isn't the first time it has happened, I will definitely look out for files like that in the future. Thank you for your feedback!

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 07:05:29 pm »
I use a mac and this happens often.

Restart your computer/laptop and re-open the game and it will open.
In the time span of 3 days, this computer has gone on and off repeatedly so it's definitely not a matter of restarting. Thank you for your feed back anyway!