Author Topic: Hair Broken  (Read 504 times)

Offline CosmicFang

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hair Broken
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »
Another post, but the hair is broken! I got my preset to work in game, but i select a mane and it's the black/yellow, and has no texture, it's weird! What happened, and how can I add a mane and change the color of it on the preset? I have a mac BTW

AlphaEclipse

Re: Hair Broken
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 01:06:21 am »
Hello, Beth Moore! The reason your mane is appearing yellow and black is because you haven't made one (judging by your post). To make a preset mane, you'll need to find two files located in Feralheart\media\textures called "fmaneMask.png" and "fmaneShade.jpg." Open those two files in a program that allow transparency, such as GIMP or Photoshop. Next, take a look at this tutorial on GIMP by Dr.Flob on locking transparency and coloring your mane. [link] You don't have to worry about adding that second mane section with the other color, but be sure to "lock alpha channel" before coloring your mane. Locking that ensures you do not color on the transparent section of the .png file. If you were to do so, the mane would appear "chunky" in-game. After you have colored your preset's mane in, save it into the preferred preset folder as preset_(number)mane.png. If you have anymore issues with the mane acting wonky, be sure to post here! :)

Edit: Also, if you do not have a program that allows transparency, I'll be glad to make you a mane if you post the color(s) you'd like!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:09:12 am by AlphaEclipse »