Author Topic: Aurrrghh.  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Aurrrghh.
« on: July 10, 2015, 05:53:20 pm »
Ciao~

I have a reoccurring problem that happens often, but sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It has to do with my signature(I have had a similar problem than this, but it had a different error message and never worked.)

So, I paste in my img code into my signature, edit a few things then click the button to submit it and I get this error message-thing.

My friend said it has happened to him a couple times but it will go away. It does sometimes go away, but only whenever I edit my avatar, personal text, location etc. Once in a blue moon it will let me change my signature, though.
Help would be appreciated.

Thanks~
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Master_callos

Re: Aurrrghh.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »
I've had this happen numerous times to me as well. It almost seems random on whether it'll happen or not, i'll change one word in my signature and it wont work.

I'm curious as to why this happens as well.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 06:10:57 pm »
Hhm.. I wonder if clearing yer' cache and cookies will help with the issue. Doing so should ultimately improve the performance of both the browser and system but I'm not too sure. Ye' can try and see if that issue disappears for a bit? If not, then I do hope someone else 'ere has a solution.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »
I recommend copying whatever you're posting/editing and exiting your browser, then going back in and trying again. This glitch happens to me a lot once I've been on the forum a long time without closing my browser, but exiting and going back in seems to fix it for me.

Other times, just copy what you're posting and go back to where you where before the error screen, refresh, and try again. Hopefully one of these will work for you, that error screen is pretty annoying.

Offline Kastilla

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »
I recommend copying whatever you're posting/editing and exiting your browser, then going back in and trying again. This glitch happens to me a lot once I've been on the forum a long time without closing my browser, but exiting and going back in seems to fix it for me.

Other times, just copy what you're posting and go back to where you where before the error screen, refresh, and try again. Hopefully one of these will work for you, that error screen is pretty annoying.
Okie, I shall try that.
Hhm.. I wonder if clearing yer' cache and cookies will help with the issue. Doing so should ultimately improve the performance of both the browser and system but I'm not too sure. Ye' can try and see if that issue disappears for a bit? If not, then I do hope someone else 'ere has a solution.

I will have to try that as well.

Thank ye' both for offerin' solutions to I.

EDIT: Neither worked, I even tried to clear me's signature completely.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 06:26:16 pm by wolfie. »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 06:54:13 pm »
This happens a lot to me(the cause of most of my irritation in fact), and I believe it's just a site issue, and it's a hit or a miss whether or not it will let you change it.

I sometimes wait a few minutes and it sometimes works again.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 02:00:19 am »
This is most likely the site itself and nothing to do with your computer. You can try editing your signature later because they usually go away after a couple of minutes.

You can also try using a different browser.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 02:09:28 am »
Funnily enough, as I went to reply to your topic, my internet said that Feral-heart was offline...

It sounds to me as though it's an issue with the website, as a few people have mentioned. You could try waiting a few minutes, and then opening a different browser. Also, you might want to clear your cache and cookies just so that everything runs more smoothly.

Feral-heart may be updating/adjusting which could be another reason for the technical problems.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Kastilla

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 02:10:50 am »
This is most likely the site itself and nothing to do with your computer. You can try editing your signature later because they usually go away after a couple of minutes.

You can also try using a different browser.
I am using Google Chrome at  default, so I could try IE or download Firefox and try that.
Thanks for you offerin' solution.

Funnily enough, as I went to reply to your topic, my internet said that Feral-heart was offline...

It sounds to me as though it's an issue with the website, as a few people have mentioned. You could try waiting a few minutes, and then opening a different browser. Also, you might want to clear your cache and cookies just so that everything runs more smoothly.

Feral-heart may be updating/adjusting which could be another reason for the technical problems.

Same here, it does that once in a while.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 03:13:45 am »
Ah, I 'ave had this issue m'self. It ended up being the word "isn't" that messed up m'signature, and not the picture. It could be a combo of y'er picture and a word in y'er signature or perhaps a symbol.

It may also be ye ran out of space in y'er signature, since urls to pictures can sometimes be pretty long.

Perhaps try uploading the picture to a different site or get a smaller url for it.

Hope this helped deary and good luck with y'er signature!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧