Author Topic: Unable To Create Characters  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Rekki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • i usually crave death.
    • RekkiRipa
    • View Profile
    • Native Era
Unable To Create Characters
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:54:48 am »
Soo I did hunt around for the same issue but I didn't have much luck coming across the same as mine. It's pretty self explanatory. Ever since the new update I've been unable to create new characters. I have my old two ones from way before the update, and that's it.

I log in, click 'create', spend a while making something pretty, finish it and.. This is all I get. It never budges from this screen.

If I click create and go straight to the last tab and don't touch the character at all, funnily enough it'll accept it. But if I change it, I'll get stuck on that screen again.

I have tried deleting everything and reinstalling, didn't work.

Want to play the old, original Impressive Title?
Click above...

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Unable To Create Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:38:12 am »
Have you tried changing your Rendering Subsystem?

There are two different rendering subsystems to try. You will either be on Direct3D9 or OpenGL.

As for going about how to change your rendering subsystem to the opposite one, look here. About halfway down that post, it should give you some information on the two different methods to go about changing it. You can change it through the Options menu or through the ogre.cfg. That post will explain both methods, but if you need help, feel free to continue asking us in this thread.

Best of luck to ya!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Rekki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • i usually crave death.
    • RekkiRipa
    • View Profile
    • Native Era
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:26:55 pm »
The rendering system change didn't do much, sadly. I removed a couple of mods I had downloaded earlier and at least I can see inside text boxes now.

I tried to create a new character, didn't like it. Got stuck on the 'creating' screen again.
Also attempted to make a new character without touching the original base one, then went back in to edit it and tried to save it. Stuck on the 'updating' screen.

Edit; From what I've found while playing around, if I take around 5 or more minutes to make a character, it doesn't like it. But if I modify a little part, then save, modify a little part, then save, it's fine with it. Not sure if it could have anything to do with a connection issue or not, it's just a pain. I'll survive like this for now but if anyone has a fix of some sort at all I will be extremely grateful.

Edit 2; It seems to be a name issue now? If I slap my keyboard and just name it 'gfdgdfgfd' it'll be cool, but I want to call my character 'Mocha'. If I change it's name to that, it hates me.

Edit 3; Lord have mercy, either this game or my computer, lmao... Anyway I kept changing the name to random things until it decided to accept 'Mocha' as the name. Pretty odd that all of this is happening, but I finally got there, ahaha.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:41:08 pm by Rekki »

Want to play the old, original Impressive Title?
Click above...

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »
Oh man, that's a bother. Sorry to hear how frustrating it's been for you. Do you play any other game on this computer without issue? I'm thinking this is a graphical issue. Could be some drivers that possibly need reinstalling. Oftentimes, drivers work wonders for this type of problem. I suggest you find out what your video card is on your PC. If you need some assistance in finding out what your video card is on your system, look here.

After finding out that information you can do a bit of research on how to get the latest drivers for that card. Feel free to ask any more questions here as well ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Make sure you create a copy of anything you don't want to lose, such as markings, presets, or items.
Try to use a wired internet connection if you are running wireless at the moment and see if it makes any changes.
Also, you can try creating characters on another computer and see if it makes any difference.

Note: It could be your Firewall causing the problem too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:50:55 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu