Author Topic: Halloween - Discussion  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween - Discussion
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 11:05:51 pm »
Thoughts on Halloween?

Well it's a bit mixed on to be honest, but I do find it interesting.

Since I live in Sweden I can directly say that Halloween is not even half as a big thing as it is over in the States, I remember it being a fuzz about it a few years ago(10 or so), and quite a few people did it, but it has been rather dead lately and I haven't heard much about this. One of the main reasons can really be because suburbs areas with lots of children families is probably the places that has the most Halloween action going on if there is any here at all.

I think many Swedes(Especially the older ones) do not like the whole idea of walking around begging for candy at other peoples houses or scaring people in general, especially during a night that is meant to pay our respects for our lost ones at the graveyard such as relatives that passed away, so in that perspective I can really understand.

But personally I feel like we could really have a lot more Halloween action going on here than the very little we have right now. I really find it an interesting part of the year and the whole idea is rather unique, bringing people together in a somewhat, weird way. I find Halloween cosy, being outside those dark Autumn nights, seeing the candles and what not. People running around in their costumes, telling creepy stories. Just something about it, and it feels like we are missing out.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:52 am »
Poor Red.

Well, I used to live in Alaska... But we didn't have Halloween very much, only because the only 'neighbors' we had were a mile apart from us.

But, now that I live somewhere else, mom loves to go everywhere! Nearly literally, she wants me and my brother to have as much candy as possible! (No wonder why I feel bloated on certain days. >.<)

wolfgirl56

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 09:46:18 pm »
Poor Red. =C

wolfgirl56

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:00 am »
I'll be Samara for Halloween =)