Author Topic: ?.Books.?  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Kasai

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
?.Books.?
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:16:50 pm »
Any good books that you guys would recommend? I'm trying to get back into reading (school's limited me a bit) and I'm looking for some good books. Right now I'm reading 13 Reasons Why. Great book, but very depressing so far.

So, any good books, bad books, eh books? Feel free to rant as much as you want about your books, just try and not give many spoilers X3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: ?.Books.?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:11:06 pm »
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac for sure, it's a comic book though and it's violent and all. If your looking for a novel though I recommend "Teodora the Undrowned Child". I don't find many books interesting but that one I couldn't stop reading.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:39:51 pm »
Always loved books like the Lord of the Rings series! .u.
i dont know anything ever at any time

Offline Old Wolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I am the thing that watches from the shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14:42 pm »
i really enjoyed Robin Hobb's Rain Wild Chronicals, try that if you're into fantasy
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:28:12 pm by Jason »

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »
Some of the best books I've read are:

The Narnia series,
How to Train your Dragon,
Journey to the River Sea.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:57 am »
EH HEM. Books I luff;
The Mistborn Trilogy(About 400 to 700 pages per book, small text)
Pendragon Series by DJ Machale(About 500 to 800 pages per book, medium sized text) 10 B
Green Rider series by Kristen Britain(About 600 to 700 pages per book, smallish text)(Still being written)
The C.H.A.O.S Trilogy(Around 600 pages per books, large text) (Dont read anymore owo)
The Books of Beginning(No set number, but it is very large for the first around 700 pages, I only read the first D:>)
Rangers Apprentice(Again, no set number, about 400 to 600 pg)

Warrior cats are ok... but it gets extremely repetative and The Erins keep recycling plot lines OVER AND OVER. e.e
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 01:18:31 am »
Anything DragonLance. Well anything before test of the twins. Palin makes me want to kill him so often. Raistlin was so much better. But no someone decided they needed a new cast. And i will wait. And hunt as hard as i can amongst the used books for any book with a mention of Raist. Well before TotT

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »
I love so many books that it's hard to choose which ones to recommend. I'd probably fill an entire pamphlet with all the books I want to recommend.

Right now I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible.

It's a cool book so far, with very engaging characters and the history of The Republic of Congo's independence serving as an awesome backdrop.

However, it's very clear that this author has an agenda, and she can get pretty ham-handed when it comes to getting the point across. Sometimes, it almost feels like the author is smacking me with a cut of raw steak yelling, "CHRISTIANITY IS EVIL!!! MEN ARE STUPID AND EVIL!!! MARRIAGE IS JUST A FANCY WORD FOR SLAVERY!!! AMERICA IS THE WORST COUNTRY EVER!!!" And I'm just cowering under the blows saying, "Okay, okay! I get it! Can we get back to the story now?!"

But if you can get past the ham-handed parts, it's well worth the read.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Darknight42

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »
Hmm, I would say that the How To Train Your Dragon Series is quite good, and also the Zelda mangas are good.

Offline onyx_fang

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 03:05:38 pm »
I'm the same, I used to be glued to a book 24/7 but these days school has limited my time to read and I have a lot of stuff I like to do on the internet, as well as other hobbies like drawing and listening to music.

Anyway I've been trying to find a book that would get me hooked again for aaaages and I've just started reading the first book in the fourth cycle of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Unfortunately I have to agree a little bit with Zaroque here. I started reading the series when I was 11 and haven't stopped loving it since, so I guess really it is aimed at more of a younger audience, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only 16-year-old who still likes the series. There are so many books in the series that it really does have that read-it-over-and-over quality. The thing I don't like about it is that, yes, the language can be VERY repetitive, and sometimes the plots can be too, particularly in the second cycle, The New Prophecy. I have to say though that since I've started reading the fourth cycle things have really improved (in the first book, anyway). So it depends on your taste, but the Warriors series is very popular, it has wild cats, prophecies, secrets and battles between four unique Clans. It's up to you whether you give it a go.

I'm assuming you've already read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins? If you haven't, I can't explain it - just read it!!

To be honest, I haven't read a really good book that is NEW for such a long time that I can't recommend you anything else. I hope you're enjoying Thirteen Reasons Why; it sounds very sad though and unfortunately I have heard similar stories about suicide. As for my recommendations, I know they're not much but I hope they helped anyway.

Merry Christmas! :D