Author Topic: FH+ Malware  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Ookamiryu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
FH+ Malware
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:10:07 am »
On the download page for FH+ there is a malware when you click download. I've experienced it on three different computers so far. Help?

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
Re: FH+ Malware
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 02:38:04 am »
Hm, I just attempted to download FeralHeart+ without any malware report. May I ask, what antivirus are you using? Norton Internet Security and some other Symantec products can register contents from FH as malware sometimes, but it's a false positive. However, there is also the chance that one of the ads Mediafire displays when you start a download may be malicious; have you had any popups there?

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:44:22 am »
As decessei said, it could be your virus protection.

I have Norton and it does same for me, some virus protectors believe that unknown makers of installer/programs/games and more are malware and trigger the removal of it from computer. In sense this means u have a good virus protector as i say its better to be over protected then under protected. If its ur firewall doing this, simply look in the quarantine settings and click restore and ull be able to now use the installer of FH.

Offline Ookamiryu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:38:23 am »
I shoulda phrased that better.
It's a virus like SecurityShield that pops up when you click download on the MediaFire page. It claims your computer has a Trojan, a malware, and some bad cookies. Then it asks if you'd like to clean your computer. It's a popup that soesn't allow you to x out of it.
I hope that's more helpful.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:24:30 am »
I hate that popup. If you use Firefox, you can download an add-on called "ad blocker" here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus-pop-up-addon/

Red showed me it and I couldn't be happier with ad-free browsing. ^_^ Just remember to disable it when you get on the FH forum, cause our ads are safe and help to pay for the server.

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 02:01:55 pm »
If you want to x out of it, just close your browser, I've got simular ones in the past

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »
As my friend w0l440x (trololol) said, an ad blocker is probably the most important precaution to take. However, if the problem still continues, could you provide screenshots of all that shows when said detection is made?

#BlameRingo

Offline Zuriah

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not the best, but is there a best?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 06:15:13 pm »
I shoulda phrased that better.
It's a virus like SecurityShield that pops up when you click download on the MediaFire page. It claims your computer has a Trojan, a malware, and some bad cookies. Then it asks if you'd like to clean your computer. It's a popup that soesn't allow you to x out of it.
I hope that's more helpful.

0-0 omigush i had that too, you probably clicked on ..an ad? maybe? i dont know, but i do know that THAT pop up IS the virus! you do NOT have thos viruses, but you WILL if you keep messing with it, it is probably too late but that whole thing is a SCAM VIRUS. ((to be sure lol, if you have to pay for something to get it fixed, paying for it online, then yes, thats what i had, and it's too late. take it to the computer repair to get it fixed, because mine wouldnt let me stay on the internet

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »
Probably a rogue then. If you get infected, don't click any of the links it displays. Usually, they attempt to download more malware into your computer. A rouge paves the way for something worse. ;^;

#BlameRingo