Author Topic: Real life friends vs. Online friends?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
Re: Real life friends vs. Online friends?
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 04:32:58 pm »
Hmmm....well, I had only a few friends in real life in middle school and beyond, but with being an introvert, I don't let friends choose me. I choose my friends. I'd rather have friends of good quality than friends of good quantity. I really never liked hanging out with anybody except for the people that I know. And like me, their heads were in the right place. We didn't do the bad stuff that other students did (e.g. partying, getting drunk, fights, e.t.c.) We prefer to enjoy school and have fun. We didn't have time for babies and alcohol and all that other bad stuff. We wanted to graduate and move on t our careers.

Now, I usually go off on my own. I really enjoy being alone because I have more freedom to do things. Of course, I follow the rules and boundaries and have plenty of self-control, so I know what to do and what not to do. It's really hard to find friends in your early adult life. I believe that people should learn to be independent sometimes. They don't realize how much freedom they have and how much errands can be done if they don't learn how to do things on their own.

People always assume that I'm lonely, but I just prefer to be alone. Being alone and being lonely are two different things. I just don't like the fact that people today are so desperate to find a friend at first sight. It takes time to get to know someone. And if I find out that the person is not worth of being a friend, I just leave them alone.

I find it ironic that most people online are nicer than those that you meet face to face in real life. But you gotta be careful who you talk to people online as well. Always take precautions, whether it's meeting people online or in real life.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:37:39 pm by aerotechway1 »

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
Re: Real life friends vs. Online friends?
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 08:27:45 pm »
It may just be me, but i find online friends much easier to open up to about problems. Maybe because i don't have to use an strength or bravery to do so since I'm essentially behind a mask.

The only other real difference is that I could NEVER rp with someone I know in real life. To me, i just would feel extremely awkward doing so.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!