Author Topic: Opinions on piercing and tattoo's.  (Read 5816 times)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Opinions on piercing and tattoo's.
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:06:55 am »
Hey.
Out of curiousity, I decided to make this thread.

What's your outake on piercings and/or piercings?
Do you find them as professional as other people who work?
Would you prefer them to take their piercing out/cover up their tattoos when you meet them?

Do you have a piercing/tattoo?
Where?
Does it mean anything to you?

Do you want one?
Where?
Why?

What's the best style you can Think of.
Regarding either/both piercings and tattoos.
(What colour of the piercing? Shape? What type of tattoo?)

What do you Think your parents would Think if you came home with one?
How'd/where'd you get it done?

What would your partner Think? (If you have one) - If not, what about sister/friend?

Is there any Place you'd refuse to have pierced?
Where's the Place you'd avoid getting a tattoo on?

-----

I tend to actually adore piercings.
As long as they aren't too many, of course.
I personally do not care whether someone has a tattoo or piercing.
I Believe they can dress however they want as long as they treat you equally.

I have a piercing, in my lower lip. But no tattoo

I do want a tattoo,  with the quote "Every Saint has a past, and every Sinner has a future"
Not sure where I'd want it though.
Why? I can take that another time.

I prefer the silver (titanium) horseshoe piercings, or the ones that are a full 'circle'.
When it comes to tattoos, I don't have any certain favourite.

I'm not sure what they'd say...
I know my mother flipped out when I told her I had pierced my lip the first time.
The second time, she was quite cool with it.

First time I had my lip pierced, I was in a studio in Oxford.
Second time, my friends' ex boyfriend pierced it for me.
Of course, I was freaking out quite a bit the first time, it was very new to me and I never liked needles.
The second time, I was very calm, and two strangers even watched me have it done.

-Gotta add a concern.-
Try to stick to the studios.
Don't have it done by a friend or a friend of a friend.
There's a lot to risk, despite your belief.
When I had my lip the second time, the guy probably punctured a vessel.
(I checked with my father, I checked with my friend and her ex, I also checked with Shallow - who, as some know, is a nurse.)
My lip would swell and turn Purple, and didn't become normal for a few Days.
I Count myself lucky that it wasn't worse than it was.

My ex who I was at that current time, flipped out and it took me a day or two to convince him into letting me have my lip done.

I refuse to have my ears pierced for personal reasons.
Tattoo's.. Face, feet and hands.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:14:46 am by PrettyReckless »
RETIRED.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on piercing and tattoo's.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:38:19 am »
I don't mind piercings or tattoos, though I can be a bit particular considering where and what. Not sure how my parents would react if I were to get a piercing or tattoo.

My parents had pretty wild lives way before I was born. My mum has some large tattoos covering her legs and a small cat tattoo on her collarbone. As for my dad, well he has tattoos all over his legs, arms and back. Regarding piercings, mum had her nose and lip pierced but now just around her ears. She used to pierce her ears with her friend at home, from what she told me. I wouldn't be doing stuff like at home, I would feel better going to an actual studio.

A lot of the girls at my school have their ears pierced in all different places, some even wear stretchers and my friend has something called a "bolt". I used to have my ears pierced, just the usual place in the earlobe but I took the sleepers out a few years ago and I think the holes have closed. I hate needles and I don't think I could get ears pierced again xD

I personally like the look of eyebrow piercings, not too many but maybe one or two on one side as well as multiple ear piercings. Lip (not under the lip but going through), tongue and bellybutton piercings I find a little "gross" if that's the word, I feel uneasy when I see them (no offence). I can't help but imagine what happened if they got ripped out accidentally, ouch Dx

In future I would like a tattoo but not sure what exactly. Maybe some little swirly pattern thing across my wrist. For art we had to design some tattoo art. Found some awesome ones on Google. There was this one were this girl had a cherry blossom tree covering her back with petals falling off. I think something like that would be cool but then again I don't want a too big tattoo.

My friend has a tattoo on his shoulder with the initials of the members in his family. He considered being a tattoo artist maybe later in life. We agreed that if he gets a job as one then he can do mine ^^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:40:30 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:54:37 am »
My friend got a nose piercing over our spring break, actually. Just thought I could share that.

On piercings, I'm not interested in any of them at the moment except for maybe earrings. I'm not interested in any tattoos atm ether.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:27:40 am »
It's....

SEXY

And I'll just... walk away now before I start fan girling over Taeyang and his tattoos or some other Kpop group/Jrock band members tattoos and piercings... Or those sexy scene boys... cough cough

-scurries away into a bush-

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 05:01:34 am »
I love piercings and tattoos! Though some of them do scare me a bit... I like them because I feel like it adds to the persons personallity, about who they used to be or what they are now. It lets them be creative and act like a walking piece of art, no two are alike!

I want to get a eyebrow piercing but I'm still on the border with that one, but I do want to get the Hylian Crest (Zelda thing...) tramp stamp, I know it seems a bit weird but I want it there for some reason... I also would want a pawprint on my leg and maybe a dragon or some other sort of animal/mythical figure on the back of my shoulder or on the side of my neck...

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 07:05:24 pm »
What's your outake on piercings and/or piercings?: I personally dislike them, however it's fine to me if other people have them. I do know some people will hold it against you, though, so I will never have them and I warn others caution
Do you find them as professional as other people who work?: I am fine with a certain amount. I don't consider tattoos all the way down your arms where no sleeve can cover them, up your neck, all over your face, unprofessional. I don't mind a few, on your hands/arms or neck. Just.. As long as they aren't gory and inappropriate, ya know?
Would you prefer them to take their piercing out/cover up their tattoos when you meet them?: Nope! If I meet someone I want to meet them as they're most comfortable

Do you have a piercing/tattoo?: Yep
Where?: Piercings on my ears, four each
Does it mean anything to you?: Not really

Do you want one?: Nope
Where?: Nope
Why?: Nope

What do you Think your parents would Think if you came home with one? I don't think they'd hold it against me at all! As long as it wasn't gory, inappropriate, ect. I mean if I came home with a bloody knife or skull on my arm? Oh god I can hear the screams of 'HOW COULD YOU' already, haha! But a butterfly or something? They'd be fine
How'd/where'd you get it done?: I think my shoulder/mid back

What would your partner Think? (If you have one) - If not, what about sister/friend? My sister would think It's cool

Is there any Place you'd refuse to have pierced? My tongue/breasts
Where's the Place you'd avoid getting a tattoo on? Face

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 07:46:57 pm »
Personally, I never really wanted to get one at all, really. Especially piercings,  I don't even want to get my ears pierced! Though, I don't think they're scary to me compared to piercings in other places... As for tattoos, my brother has one and I'm not judging him, am I? No, I think tattoos are pretty nice depending on what it is really. I don't really like tattoos that cover something completely, as that might just ruin yer appearance a bit. However, that's just my opinion - I'm really just a scaredy cat at times for these things, so don't think I'm judging you guys. B)

As for my parents reaction if I ever got one of those... well, I would have most likely asked them first. xD Who knows how my opinion will change later, though.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:39:44 pm »
Tattoos and piercings eh...

Well I'm not a huge fan of piercings. I don't see what's so great about have holes punctured in your body and having metal things stuck in them. I did have my ears pierced when I was about 13 or 14, but I've recently stopped wearing ear rings all together, one reason being because I can't wear them at college, and because I just got fed up of them. They turned out to be more of an annoyance than they were worth. Mum isn't happy about this xD. I wouldn't want to have anywhere else on my body pierced
As for professionalism, I don't think piercings make you look unprofessional. However, if the job role requires that you remove your piercings then you should do so. One lad at college has a couple of facial piercings and an ear piercing and he has to take them out or cover them up with plasters. I don't think they make him look unprofessional at all; he's actually one of the intelligent ones! It's the person that counts, not what they look like. Unfortunately, employers don't see it that way.

I like tattoos though. Small ones, not massive ones. I find them artistic and expressive and generally rather cool. I'd like to get a tattoo, but I'm just worried about whether it'll hurt or not and I don't really like the idea of pain. If I did get one I'd probably have a little Taurus symbol, dragon or a celtic thing somewhere. The lad at college who I mentioned earlier has tattoos as well, although technically he's not old enough. #rebel. I believe it's on his chest and it's not a small one either. But because he has it covered up the majority of the time, it's considered more acceptable than a huge tattoo on the face or all the way down the arms. That, I think is a tiny bit excessive, but each to their own.

If I suddenly came home with a tattoo, I think my parents would be quite surprised and probably wonder where I got the money from. I'd hope they wouldn't get too mad though, since I am nearly 20 and considered an adult so I can pretty do what I like. I'd probably have it somewhere hidden so they didn't notice straight away and I could reveal it to them when I felt ready to. Apparently there's a good tattoo place in my city.

What would my sisters think? Well it's hard to say, since they're all very different people. One of them probably won't be too impressed; when I first got my ears pierced, she called it 'mutilating my body'. However she has got a tattoo herself on her foot so I wouldn't expect her to by hypocritical...hopefully. My other sister is pretty chilled out about things and wouldn't really mind, but she might be a bit concerned about if the tattoo was what I really wanted considering that they're permanent things.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 11:01:20 pm »
It's....

SEXY

And I'll just... walk away now before I start fan girling over Taeyang and his tattoos or some other Kpop group/Jrock band members tattoos and piercings... Or those sexy scene boys... cough cough

-scurries away into a bush-
I Think this one is my personal favourite. xD
Mainly because I must agree with Sura.
Perhaps not on the whole Taeyang or Kpop part, as I have no clue what she's talking about but.. Eh..

----

My piercing demonstrates an important date in my Life, but also a painful one.
Forgot to mention/add it the other night.

----

I find it very interesting to read all of your's opinions and stories. ^^
Thank you guys for that.~
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:03:41 pm by PrettyReckless »
RETIRED.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 11:23:10 pm »
We kind of had this conversation before somewhat recently but I think tattoos and piercings are great. Though I'd only ever have mine done professionally.

Like I have a nose stud and my tongue pierced right now, but I still want to get my eyebrow and lip pierced as well. I also have my ears pierced in three spots.

Nose piercing:

I also want like 70 different tattoos which I'm still working on getting. Probably won't get there for another year yet, but ay, I'm looking forward to that. I want an Aries symbol on my wrist, something on my ribs, collarbone, shoulder... too much stuff.

I don't do gauges or anything myself, and I'm not overly fond of them, but to each their own. I also prefer kind of smaller things so that it's more balanced, studs as opposed to rings if there are many piercings, but it depends on the person.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3