Author Topic: Unfinished Maps/Presets  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Unfinished Maps/Presets
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »
Unfinished Maps/Presets

What do you dislike about unfinished presets/maps, whether it's yours, requested, commissioned and whatnot. In my opinion I find it very irritating when a person/people "cons" you into requesting/commissioning a preset and/or map then never finishes it. Instead, they take the profit for them selves maybe? I personally find it slightly rude.

However I do find it very understandable if the preset/map is delayed for personal encounters, but when it turns into a "con" it's very unpredictable and frustrating. Anyone else came across something like this? Fell free to share your thoughts and opinions, about unfinished presets/maps, whether it's yours, requested, commissioned and whatnot.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Unfinished Maps/Presets
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:40 pm »
I think it really depends on the individual. As someone who takes strictly AP/Honors classes, works, and has a lot to do at home, sometimes stuff gets done on my end in like a few hours or a few weeks. Because I'm either busy busy busy or like "ayy let's just sleep for the next 7 hours instead of acknowledging responsibilities".

I mean straight up conning is one thing though, definitely. I try to avoid that as much as possible myself, cause like I said, sometimes it takes me a while. Example being, on my commissions I require half payment up front. If it takes me 2 months or more, I repay the person price and a half - so if the overall commission would be, on dA for instance, 50 points, they'd get 75 from me.

Art trades are trickier as there's obviously no set price so I usually just go above and beyond on what I was originally supposed to give in my part of the trade.

Not everyone has those sort of policies though, which doesn't really make it possible to strictly call people out on their con if that's what the case ends up being. Really though, I don't run into that too often - more often than not, people just get really busy or their muse dies and they forget they've been commissioned.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Corrosivee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Unfinished Maps/Presets
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:43:22 pm »
I agree with commissions this is completely different - but I think with requests the artist is choosing to do the work for nothing, so really if they don't complete it, the requester has no right to demand anything from them.

Not completing a commission (except for personal reasons), I agree, is unfair, and basically stealing. I don't think people sometimes realise how much work they can take on so I guess it could be accidental if they got a little over-excited with their slots :'D