Author Topic: A little preset help, maybe?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Dirrane

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
A little preset help, maybe?
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »
Aye floof, I have a few little (slightly urgent) preset questions. ;w; I might sound confusing, I'm good at that.
Anyways, I'm making a public preset for ye' and I colored it with the shades (cbody, ctail, chead, etc.) in textures. The tongue and the eyes are really annoying me, but I was wondering which files you have to use for the manes and tongue. Is the tongue from the face mask in preset_1? Do I have to recolor the face onto that one?

<< there used to be a picture here >>

Looks like he used too much teeth whitening.

The files I have so far (can someone help me with the eye? There's three sections on the eye mask in preset_1 and I don't know what all of them are.) I didn't have to mess with the coding at all.

<< used to be a picture here too >>

Please ask questions if you don't understand me.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:45:48 pm by Dirrane »

AlphaEclipse

Re: A little preset help, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »
Aw, that's sweet of you to make that lovely preset public. :3 As for the tongue and the mane references, they are found in two different places.

All preset references are in C:/Feralheart/my_presets/references.

Mane: The name of it is fmanemask.png. The shade is fmaneShade.png.

The tongue is already unwrapped on the cheadUV/fheadUV. It's right here:
Here's where it's located on the reference:

And I see that the eyes and teeth are not showing up on your preset. It might not be working because in the material file, the file extentions (.png, .jpg) need to be the same.

So if the eyeUV's name is preset_3eye.jpg

It must say texture preset_3eye.jpg
in the material file.

Offline Dirrane

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: A little preset help, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:05 pm »
AlphaEclipse: Thank you<3 But I find it sort of easier to use the shades. Would it be possible to open the UV maps and paste the shades onto a new layer, color it and then delete the UV layer? Make it easier, I suppose, ehe. And the eyes and tongue aren't working because I haven't done 'em, not much with the codingc; thank you once again.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:46:30 pm by Dirrane »