Author Topic: PM's not going to the right person...  (Read 2675 times)

Offline foreveryoung92

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Death ends a life, not a relationship" I ? you
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
PM's not going to the right person...
« on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:55 am »
Okay...so this has now happened to me with two different users.
It first occurred when I tried to send preset files to a member who had requested it.. their name here (they've changed it now) was Aura. When I would send a message, it went to some other member with the name aura. Same name, just lower case "A". This is incredibly annoying.
The second case of this just happened. Someone sent me a PM and when I directly clicked "reply" it send it to someone with the same name, just an upper case first letter. Why is this happening??
I know the site has issues and bugs just like any other, but this really should be fixed.
I've also received, what I assume to be reply messages, from users I have never spoken with discussing matters that are completely unknown to me. So that means I am not the only one having this problem.
So, MODS and site maker(s), how about fixing this please??  :(  I, along with the community, would be so greatfull if this made it higher on the priority list. ^_^
Icon lineart courtesy of the fans of BBA; coloring and animation is my doing of my fursona, Luna
Find more about that here:http://www.animationsource.org/board/kay-fedewa-s-linearts-t22533.html

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: PM's not going to the right person...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:03:19 am »
  This is a well known glitch. Because there are so many people named Sarah and Aura and all that, the forum can't tell which Sara or Aura or whatever you are sending the PM to, so it sends teh message to the first with that name on teh list. I had the same issue because I made 2 accounts, teh first one didn't work for some reason. The second account didn't get PM's because it had teh same name as teh first one. All I did was add to it, at first there were those starry things, but now there is just a dot at the end.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline foreveryoung92

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:22:19 am »
I wish there was at least a sure-fire way to send them. Like when clicking on the PM icon on a person's profile instead of just typing in the name...that would automatically link your message to them and not the others named that. Not sure how that would be possible, but it sure would be nice! XD
Icon lineart courtesy of the fans of BBA; coloring and animation is my doing of my fursona, Luna
Find more about that here:http://www.animationsource.org/board/kay-fedewa-s-linearts-t22533.html

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:26:37 am »
Actually, there is a sure-fire way;
See under your little avatar thingy on the left-hand side? Where you have your user stats and forum rank and all that, there's a white icon that looks like a speech bubble. If you click that, it'll automatically start a PM to user 800, which is your user number. Same goes for any user. :3 Hope that helps.
*Also: typing their username (instead of forum name) into the "to" box works too! My username and forum name are the same thing, so it's easier. XD But let's use Red as an example. His forum name is Red, his username is Redlinelies. So when sending him a PM, I always put Redlinelies because goodness knows how many "Red"s there are on this forum!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:28:41 am by wolffox »

Offline foreveryoung92

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:05:58 pm »
I've tried that as well. XD And when I write the message, the "to" says the correct name. But after I send it, that's a different story. For example, I sent Aura a message containing preset files. I did so by clicking their icon you mentioned. Everything was fine until I clicked "send". When I checked in my outbox, the message said it sent to "aura". Wrong person.
I've even tried directly replying to a message that Aura sent me to see if that worked. Same problem...
That's only really one instance that this has happened..  :-\

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 12:35:08 am »
That's a very strange glitch then! D8

Offline foreveryoung92

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:52:57 am »
I know! D:

Thierry

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 01:32:19 am »
Actually, there is a sure-fire way;
See under your little avatar thingy on the left-hand side? Where you have your user stats and forum rank and all that, there's a white icon that looks like a speech bubble. If you click that, it'll automatically start a PM to user 800, which is your user number. Same goes for any user. :3 Hope that helps.
that doesn't work, i posted screenshots where the PM was sended to the user 1790 and arrived to the user 508