Author Topic: Preset HELP!!  (Read 775 times)

Offline Peaches_pwea

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm big dumb, but full of love
    • View Profile
Preset HELP!!
« on: February 10, 2020, 05:00:23 am »
I'm totally new to the preset world, my older times of playing I never touched a preset before. But now I'm interested, but I can't get the presets to work! I have googled, searched the form, and even used old Youtube videos but nothing is helping me :(
When I do get all the files into a folder (yes, I am using the my_preset folders), and try to load into the game, it tells me ''Failed to export'.
I've seen some people using the notepad for changing the coding, but I have no idea how to open that up, that is the only thing I have yet to do in my last attempts to get a preset to work!
I'm not very bright when it comes to this stuff, but once I learn it once I'm good as gold. Someone please help me out! TuT
Thank you~

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
Re: Preset HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 07:39:40 am »
Hmm.. Does any of your image files and as such your names listed in the materials file have any characters that aren't letters or numbers? As in, using icons like brackets, etc? I'd get that message back during my first tries when my presets had those. Also, double check to make sure all your textures and the .material file are in the same folder - the folder you numbered for it in the .material file. A third cause for this could be that say, the .material file name is 'preset_1.material' but inside the material file all the textures are listed for belonging to preset_2 for instance.

To open up your .material in Notepad, right click it and a dropdown popup should appear. One of the options in it should be listed as something in the lines of 'Open with...' All you have to do then is click that option and select Notepad.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 07:44:54 am by FriskTheRisk »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Preset HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 09:38:04 am »
Also make sure that your username is in the username box on the FH menu, as well as the tick in the box is present, otherwise it can't export it to your username.