Author Topic: Why are some fonts not working anymore?  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Why are some fonts not working anymore?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 01:36:21 am »
Those fonts appear to work fine for me. o: Another staff member has checked them in Chrome, as well, with success for those fonts. Perhaps, check to see if Chrome has come out with a new update that deals with font issues (or revert back to an old one, if you noticed the problem occurring after an update). If there is any possibility that you have downloaded an extension or add-on for fonts to your browser, there could be a bug in the program. ^^

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 01:45:40 am »
Adding onto what Nynx suggested:
You may already be doing this but make sure you are typing the fonts correctly ^^

Like this:

[font=harrington]ABCDabcd[/font]ABCDabcd
[font=kristenitc]ABCDabcd[/font]ABCDabcd
[font=magneto]ABCDabcd[/font]ABCDabcd
[font=mistral]ABCDabcd[/font]ABCDabcd
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 03:47:11 am »
Even the fonts you type in Morgra are showing up wrong actually. I will screenshot it.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 03:49:29 am »

See for me they are not working, not even when others types it, I knew I was typing it right, this just does not make much sense, but I will check on the update thing just as a troubleshooting step.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 03:52:34 am »
It is up to date and I am on the latest version, I just checked. Though this is still an issue for me sadly.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:56 am »
Are you sure all those fonts are not supposed to look like that? I know they give the same appearance from different names, but maybe it’s meant to be like that? Since the staff says there’s no problem? :p

Also isn’t it kinda harsh to post pics of other people’s screenshots to prove them wrong when they are just trying to help ya out? I mean I just think it wasn’t necessary :v (sorry just my lousy opinion popping outta nowhere.)
doing what i feel like

Lucius

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 02:58:51 pm »
Are you sure all those fonts are not supposed to look like that? I know they give the same appearance from different names, but maybe it’s meant to be like that? Since the staff says there’s no problem? :p[/s]

Actually, the fonts are supposed to look like this:

I took a screenshot of Morgra's examples (I hope you don't mind!) from my Chrome browser.
It's fully updated to Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Also isn’t it kinda harsh to post pics of other people’s screenshots to prove them wrong when they are just trying to help ya out? I mean I just think it wasn’t necessary :v (sorry just my lousy opinion popping outta nowhere.)

It's quite hard to judge what exactly a person is having issues with when there's nothing to go on. For all you and I know, it was possible that the font names were typed wrong, or maybe the coding was off.

With an image to compare, however, we can clearly see that's not the issue. What I see isn't the same as what Shadow sees, despite it being the same post, with the same code.

In my opinion, there's nothing rude about the screenshot in question; it was posted to show that the fonts were not displaying correctly, even on someone else's post.

As far as the actual issue goes:

Is this happening on the same computer that used to display them correctly?

Are the TrueType font files (.TTF) all in your Fonts folder? (For windows users, this is: C:\Windows\Fonts)

Are the fonts working in other browsers and/or in other programs?

Did you change any settings in chrome prior to experiencing your issue?

If you're running Windows, did you update it recently? It's possible that an update or setting screwed something up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:11:28 pm by Lucius »

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 03:30:27 pm »
My bad, I thought Morgra posted a screenshot, and so I thought Shadow took a screenshot of her post with that screenshot... *takes the walk of shame xD*
doing what i feel like

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:43 pm »
Are you sure all those fonts are not supposed to look like that? I know they give the same appearance from different names, but maybe it’s meant to be like that? Since the staff says there’s no problem? :p

Ellen no one is proving anyone wrong I was showing them to let them see for them self what I am seeing on my end, please don't assume stuff and make comments like that. Thanks. It was just to help them get a better idea of what I was seeing to help them help me better and understand what the problem was, just incase there was any confusion.

I think it is honestly more rude for you to assume stuff like that and come in here commenting like that, but that is not the issue at hand so just keep this stuff in mind when you are roaming the forums, please and thank you. Anyways I don't mean any disrespect just was pointing out that it is kind of rude what you did your self, I try to be respectful to the moderators, especially when they are trying to help me, so you will not see me being rude to them if I can help it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:50:32 pm by ShadowMT13 »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 04:18:48 pm »
All of the fonts are showing up properly for me.

Try using something like Firefox or another computer.
Double-check that you're up to date or even... I don't know, reinstalling Chrome might not fix it.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972