Author Topic: Edenwood Forest [Semi-Lit][Post-Apocalyptic][Multi-Species][Mapped][Accepting]  (Read 7650 times)

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:26:07 am by The Hero Of Canton »

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Roleplay Information
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:35:03 pm »
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:32:27 am by The Hero Of Canton »

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Ranks / Member List
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »
I I Ranks and Members I I

Clicking on names will link you to full character profiles

CHIEF: The Ruler of each fraction. They make the important decisions for their fraction. They demand the upmost respect and obedience from their fraction. [One for each fraction besides High-Rock]
The High-Rock Fraction: Rayoto - M Other leader MUST be a Cheetah
The Ember Pond Fraction: Wreq - M
The Dim Sands Fraction:

GENERAL: The second in command. If the Chief is not present they make decisions in his place. [One for each fraction]
The High-Rock Fraction:
The Ember Pond Fraction:
The Dim Sands Fraction: Rokuso - M

MEDIC: In charge of keeping their fraction healthy. They know what plants can be used as remedies and how to heal most afflictions. [One for each fraction + one trainee.]
The High-Rock Fraction:
The Ember Pond Fraction: Saved fur .-.Voltaire.-.
The Dim Sands Fraction:

SHAMAN: The Shaman exists outside of fraction lines. He lives in the tree of souls and is wise beyond his years. He reads the moon and interprets the will of the ancestors for each fraction. [Only one total + his trainee]
Dikota - M

TRAINEES: Once young ones reach 6 months of age they start training to become useful member of their fraction. [Unlimited for each fraction apart from the Ember Pond Fraction]
The High-Rock Fraction:
The Ember Pond Fraction: [Maximum of 5]
The Dim Sands Fraction:

UNRANKED MEMBERS: The unranked members or each fraction are in charge of hunting, fighting and guarding their fractions camp. [Unlimited for each fraction apart from the Ember Pond Fraction]
The High-Rock Fraction:
The Ember Pond Fraction: [Maximum of 5]Inerria - F
The Dim Sands Fraction: Hokarty - M
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:17:34 am by The Hero Of Canton »

CASSafras

Re: -- Don't post yo. Seriously. No posting yet --
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »
I shall save this page and put up my things in a moment then. Thanks again for doing this and the maps and stuff. I'm absolutely horrid at formatting -.-

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: The Citizens of the Edenwood Forest [Semi-Lit][Multi-Species][Accepting]
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:38:45 pm »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:50:10 am by The Hero Of Canton »

Offline Player927

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • TattooPelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »
Seriously considering joining this one but I can't pick a side XD. I may end up with a character in each of the 3 major groups. Also, do all creatures speak the same language or do they speak "Common" when conversing with other species but speak "Lion", "Cheetah", etc. to others of their kind?

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »
It's funny that you should mention that ButtonsLady. I haven't yet translated all of my original thread into English yet but all the creatures have their own language but speak "common". I'm translating the rest of the group information, just did a little snippet last night since I was tired and it was taking longer than expected but it should all be up shortly.

I hear you though about not being able to pick a side. In my Swedish version I have a character in each fraction because they all have their separate strengths and weaknesses and it was so hard to choose for even me.

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 02:36:13 am »
This sounds really interesting. Now I must just decide which fraction ... Or just choose two. xD I'll probably join, after I get some good inspiration. <3

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Player927

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • TattooPelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 03:20:03 am »

Hokarty

Fraction: Dim Sands
Species: Wolf
Name: Hokarty
Family Lineage: A distant relative of the former Dim World leader, Hokarty's great grandfather (or was it great great grandfather? He can't recall...) was the half brother of the "rightful" heir. He had 3 siblings, two were male who snuck out one night to explore outside camp and were lost in a sandstorm at a very young age. His female littermate was ill and did not survive the trip to the hyena campsite. His mother, a swift wolf named Asha, carried the royal blood. She bore only the one litter and was lost when trying to recover her missing pups in the sandstorm. His father, a large foul tempered brute named Moriro, opted to leave the fraction after his mate's passing. He was last seen skirting the edges of the Wastelands in poor health (this was some time ago, he is considered dead)
Personality: Hokarty has been hardened by his trials and is generally a grump. He has a softer side but rarely shows it. He prefers solitude but will be seen speaking to others when it suits him or is required of him. He is fiercely loyal to his fraction, less-so to the hyenas. He has some very basic medical knowledge that he picked up from lurking around the medic's den as a teen. He is a mid-aged adult with no mate or pups.

Rp Sample:
A young Hokarty sat patiently waiting for the medic to finish evaluating his sister. She had become short of breath during the trip. Her pawpads were hot and her nose was dry from fever. He watched the older wolf force feed his sibling some sort of seed to help her sleep. "I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for her now. Let her rest." Hokarty's jaw tightened and his hackles rose, "Nothing you can do?" he spat, "Give her more herbs! They were helping earlier! She said so!" He didn't realize he had rose to his paws and had taken several steps in anger towards the healer. If it fazed the old medic, he didn't show it, flatly stating "She lied to you. She is far worse than she was yesterday and is getting worse even now." As if on cue, his sister began a coughing fit. Once it passed, she started gasping between bursts of heavy panting. Her brother stared at her in dismay. She was all he had left... "I'll come around in the morning. I may have something to ease the passing..." Before Hokarty could ask what he meant, the medic had left.

Hokarty lay with his sister on the outskirts of the group. As the seeds kicked in, her breathing slowed and she slept somewhat uninterrupted. The occasional coughing fit or gasping breath would stir her slightly. He, however, slept horribly. Every delayed breath or gasp of air jolted him awake. He passed out from exhaustion not long before the sun began to lighten the sky. His dreams were haunted by his snappish father, a disappointed scowl on his face, and his sleek-furred mother who looked full of sorrow and shame. He felt a paw prod his side and he grumbled to himself before forcing his eyes open slightly. The medic stood over him and mumbled something about being gone before loping away. It took Hokarty a moment to get his eyes to focus, but he quickly understood. His sister lay motionless next to him. Her body only warm where he had been pressed against her. He pushed his nose into her neck fur "Forgive me, my sister, for I have failed you. When you fell, I pulled you up and forced you on. I ignored the signs of weakness and illness in you and drove you forward when I should have made you rest. I always pushed you harder than I should, and for that, I am sorry. I hope you find peace..."

I have another character to add here but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Edenwood Forest [Semi-Lit][Post-Apocalyptic][Multi-Species][Accepting]
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 06:32:21 pm »
ButtonsLady your RP sample about made me cry D:
Accepted of course. Linked Hokarty's profile on the front page.