Author Topic: Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
Re: Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 08:04:44 pm »
Who cares what other people think about something you did not create/make?

It's their opinions, that they are totally entitled to, and if that's how they feel, than that's how they feel.

Hell, they may have liked the message but not the video.

It won't matter in the long-run so it's not really worth fussing or complaining over, in my truly honest opinion.
This is the internet, no one is here to really cater to anyone's views, and you will always find opposition to your beliefs, ways of living, etc.
The Internet favors no one, and neither do the people who use it.

I'm sorry if this sounds cruel, but it's the way things are.

we care because we're being literally murdered

like literally, lgbt+ people are being murdered for their sexuality. that's why we're pissed about homophobia and people who act like this.

because they want us dead.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:06:24 pm by Skullfrost »

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »

It's their opinions, that they are totally entitled to, and if that's how they feel, than that's how they feel.

It won't matter in the long-run so it's not really worth fussing or complaining over, in my truly honest opinion.
This is the internet, no one is here to really cater to anyone's views, and you will always find opposition to your beliefs, ways of living, etc.

like literally, lgbt+ people are being murdered for their sexuality. that's why we're pissed about homophobia and people who act like this.

We're being murdered by people, not by fake accounts on Youtube.
We should be worried about radical homophobes and extremist groups such as ISIS, not some 12 year olds who can't accept moving pictures on a screen.
There are more important issues for the LGBT community than some rude people on the internet. That's why the Youtube comments don't matter. Living our lives regardless of the hate, however, does matter, so we can look up from our screens and carry on.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline malachitelace

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Always Tired
    • Malachitenecklace
    • Chinapandaru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 08:22:55 pm »
I personally have not seen the video, so it's possible that it's not a well made video or a portion of the dislikes are for that reason and not homophobia. Also, people are more likely to have a negative thing to say about something they dislike than a positive thing about something they like. There are probably people actively adding their negativity in the comments because they feel obligated to, and are angry. Most people who actually like the video wont really say much. I also wouldn't be surprised if somebody linked the video to a large homophobic community to funnel hate. So, because of that, that ratio of likes to dislikes and negative comments to positive ones may may not reflect the yt community. Don't assume the whole community is hateful.

HOWEVER, while yes, these are just opinions being posted, is is SUPER disrespectful to say that somebody shouldn't care for WHATEVER reason that they are being posted. Yes, people are entitled to their own opinions. Yes, I understand I cannot change their opinions. Yes, opinions by themselves are not hurtful. But when people go out of their way to promote negative behavior and negative opinions, it is HURTFUL. People in the lgbt+ community are dying everyday due to homophobia, and I refuse to respect their opinions that people like myself deserve to die. These are not "innocent" opinions, it is hate speech that is ruining peoples lives. So no, I am not going to respect their opinions or ignore what they say. Sorry, just trying to put things into perspective.

Edit: Yeah, I understand that most of the comments are just 12 year olds, or fake accounts, or old people who aren't gonna kill anyone, etc. etc., but in the long run, homophobia is homophobia. People like this are still the people who will bully lgbt+ kids, parents who disrespect their lgbt+ children, people who will spit at or tear gay couples apart in public, and/or people protesting and voting against on equality laws.  And even if not, they will support the people who do and validate them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:33:11 pm by malachitelace »

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 03:20:55 am »
I didn't want to reply to my own thread, but i feel like i need to;
Not every opinion is right, really. Hitler's opinion on jews was pretty horrible and i'm pretty sure nobody said "Oh well, it's his opinion so just ignore or leave him alone."
Not all opinions are right, as i briefly mentioned before, yes, it's ok not to like something, but... Is it really necessary to feed and fuel everyone with hate for someone's sexual orientation? It does not affect them, at all! Yes, it's very natural to have dislikes and likes! But i feel pretty ashamed to know this kind of things happen nowadays. And, i have to agree with a few of y'all; some people might be LGBT only because its almost seen as a fashion for a lot of people, and to be honest i think that's one of the main reasons of hate towards the LGBT community, and it should be taken seriously, not just as a joke, a prank or a fashion. It's a way of life afterall.

I think i won't be replying too much from now on.

By the way, as a reply to Twisted Lizard's post:

Yes, we should worry about ISIS and radical homophobes a lot too, but children grow.
Don't let children grow with the wrong ideas in their heads. Because these 12 year old rude children will grow and could eventually become potential homophobes, agaisn't all LGBT rights, filled with hate and discrimination.
Children are the future of the world, if we can't educate children about respecting eachothers lives peacefully... How will our future be, then?

And...
insta +1 to malachite's post. Opinions are opinions but not all are inofensive. They actually make people depressed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:31:06 am by SophyTheLioness »
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 02:52:04 pm »

We're being murdered by people, not by fake accounts on Youtube.
We should be worried about radical homophobes and extremist groups such as ISIS, not some 12 year olds who can't accept moving pictures on a screen.
There are more important issues for the LGBT community than some rude people on the internet. That's why the Youtube comments don't matter. Living our lives regardless of the hate, however, does matter, so we can look up from our screens and carry on.

Exactly!
There are a lot more important things to get to, than to worry about what a bot said on a youtube video.

Yeah, hate breeds hate and all that jazz, but you really cannot do much about it. We're human, we're hateful pieces of crap, and sometimes we go out of our way to spoil certain things, even types of people.

But I do have an issue with the way you guys phrase, educate...
It sounds are if you are trying to induct people into a cult, the way you guys phrase it, just so you know. Sure you could try and tell people about it, but try to not heavily influence people to view only your views, hell, maybe they won't be okay with people loving other people of the same sex, but will let people do it regardless.
Sure it might not be the mega-win, but you know what, you're letting that kid grow up to have their own opinion, and not just yours with different words.
Just food for thought!

also just to be clear, skulleh, if we want to talk about people being murdered, if i may say it's not just you guys.
they're called christians and currently them being killed is irrelevant as is homosexuals-etc being killed over yonder, as the original topic was about a youtube video not being well-received.
but because you brought that up i will bring this up.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 03:01:07 pm »
Unfortunately for humanity, not everyone can accept/agree with the same thing. We all have our own opinions and we get to choose whether to stick by it or not. Other people in society do not have the ability to change that just by words; in some cases it has to be proven. We choose whether to follow other people's opinions as well, or our own, or we follow facts. In this case, although the comment section of this particular video shows a bunch of idiots who like to show signs of homophobia; there are also some supporting and emotional comments posted. People who are being jerks are just a little bit too open-minded and immature to realise that not everyone agrees on the same terms, and many people who respect that concept will ignore the verbal cruelty of others. I'm not supporting these horrible people, but in the end there is nothing we could do except: 1) Argue with them, causing more unnecessary conflict, or 2) Move along, and enjoy the good side of things. Such as agreeing with people who have similar/the same opinions/views as yourself.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • STEAM_0:0:36124471
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 09:03:50 pm »
Well for me, probably for some others aswell, it is getting rather annoying that this LGBT thing is pushed in our faces. They can live without anyone disturbing. Should I be proud of being a hetero? I'm immideatly a homophobe then.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 07:14:24 pm »
Well for me, probably for some others aswell, it is getting rather annoying that this LGBT thing is pushed in our faces. They can live without anyone disturbing. Should I be proud of being a hetero? I'm immideatly a homophobe then.

This. Honestly, it bothers me more with all the LGBT attention than it does with the harmful comments. It makes me feel awkward or on a pedestal. I like girls and guys. It's not like I'm going to make world peace. More attention = more hate.
Even Pyro made a video about it.

And also, minority becoming majority is starting to happen. Heterosexuals and cisgenders are often bullied online, and if they state that they are a certain way, and explains that they don't like the same sex (romantically), even if they say that they're ok with LGBT, they get hated on or called offensive, and everyone just plays the victim and makes them feel bad.
Even "Rainbow Parties" in the city. The idea is harmless, just a bunch of LGBTs hanging out and celebrating their identity. I've never been to one, since I'm kinda young still, but according to a family member who attended one with an LGBT friend, she was hated on immensely, and they even tried to force her to become one of them. A lot of them weren't even truly LGBT and they only "became lesbian" because of "ALL MEN ARE PIGS" type arguments, and it REALLY bothers me.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • STEAM_0:0:36124471
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:44 pm »

This. Honestly, it bothers me more with all the LGBT attention than it does with the harmful comments. It makes me feel awkward or on a pedestal. I like girls and guys. It's not like I'm going to make world peace. More attention = more hate.
Even Pyro made a video about it.

And also, minority becoming majority is starting to happen. Heterosexuals and cisgenders are often bullied online, and if they state that they are a certain way, and explains that they don't like the same sex (romantically), even if they say that they're ok with LGBT, they get hated on or called offensive, and everyone just plays the victim and makes them feel bad.
Even "Rainbow Parties" in the city. The idea is harmless, just a bunch of LGBTs hanging out and celebrating their identity. I've never been to one, since I'm kinda young still, but according to a family member who attended one with an LGBT friend, she was hated on immensely, and they even tried to force her to become one of them. A lot of them weren't even truly LGBT and they only "became lesbian" because of "ALL MEN ARE PIGS" type arguments, and it REALLY bothers me.

Yeah. And soon it becomes a reality that being gay is a choice, not that you're born like it. Some may surely argue that it actually already is but who am I to say which is correct.

Also something that quite some people might not be agreeing to: I disgust LGBT people doing their stuff. I have nothing against the person, I have nothing against that they may like the same gender people, but soon you'll be seeing men kissing men everywhere. I just can't wrap my head around this.

Minority is soon a majority like you said. Just in a few past years, there has been so many annoucements of famous people coming out of the closet and so much YAY for being LGBT. I have actually thought to myself: "what's happening with the world?". Do I have to be soon celebrating and having hetero parties?

About the video. Different genders and sexualities that I think are just weird. I acknowledge that someone can be gay, hetero or bi. Transsexual.. well.. I dunno. For genders it is certain, you're either a man or a woman. I can't see there being any other genders because it is biologically IMPOSSIBLE. Unless you have both genders, that it possible for some creatures, but not humans.

Nothing hateful to anyone like I said, I just express my thoughts on the subject.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:11:48 pm by m2dis123 »

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 02:03:15 am »
Trolls.

Trolls target whatever's popular or certain groups of people to bring them down or to
make it NSFW for giggles.

I know what it feels like to get trolled and be a troll. (dont worry I've matured and learned)

Trolls are just immatures a-holes(excuse my language). Just ignore them
They want to bring you down and get a reaction
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:08:35 am by Zircon »