Author Topic: What is Mary-Sue/Gary-Sue?  (Read 4801 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
What is Mary-Sue/Gary-Sue?
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:45:27 pm »
The title pretty much says it.... What is mary-sure/gary-sue or what does it mean? I see it all over the place and am absolutely clueless on the definitions of these terms.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

wolfgirl56

Re: What is Mary-Sue/Gary-Sue?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:47:36 pm »
Here's an example:
Sophie has beautiful golden fur that is sexier than all of the pelts in history. She gets along with everyone in the world also!
Don't ask XD

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:45:49 pm »
The term 'Mary Sue' originates from poorly written fan fiction or original characters that are made to be perfect, flawless, a lover to all who gaze upon her looks, and tattooed with on her forehead these words "Cliche." It can be seen that most 'Mary Sues' are self-inserts of the author or artist into a series, this practice is often seen in the "Harry Potter," "Homestuck," "Adventure Time," and "Naruto" series. These characters tend to be over the top with a cliched tragic past and having the main character falling in love with her whilst other male (or even female) characters going into heat for her. If you're roleplayer, please try avoiding these symptoms with your OC at all times even if you wish to please the readers with a so-called "epic" or "awesome" or "original" characters.

"Mary Sues" tend to fall into the scene or gothic group as we can note that from a very famous trollfic, "My Immortal," with the infamous heroine, Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. I wouldn't bother to read this trollfic if you aren't interested in Harry Potter but do take a glance to see how the world turned upside down from fangirls and fanboys. The term for the opposite sex is "Gary Stu" and the follow the same outlines that a "Mary Sue" does.

Good luck and please refrain from venturing into that side of the World Wide Web,
-Soar.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:21:54 am »
Okay thanks for your answers guys :3 And don't worry I won't act like one. Those kind of people sound pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 12:27:35 am »
You're welcome, dearie. Besides, it's impossible for a actual human being to be a mary sue when we all have flaws no matter what. The only thing you should be worried is creating one and we don't need those monstrosities running around, now do we? Anywho, those type of people are pathetic and deserved to be locked up in an asylum but that is my personal belief.

Good luck and have a nice day,
-Soar. 

Offline Sunpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hi. I'm not a Warrior Cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:39:43 pm »
Let me give an example of a Mary-Sue

Name: Ebony Princess Firehowl Bloodmoon Sakura-Chan Naruto Toshiba Desu Kawaii YOLO Starlight Twinkle Baka
Species: Wolf/tiger/lion/vampire/werewolf/dragon/goddess/nuclear-power-plant/shapeshifter/demon/angel

Description: Ebony Firehowl is beautiful and perfect in every way. She has long, silky golden hair and bright eyes that change color with her mood but usually they are rainbow colored. She killed her parents and ran away because they didn't accept her for being a bisexual straight person. She has ADD, ADHD, is Bipolar and has Autism, and schizophrenia lololol she so cray-cray insane. Totes cray-cray insaaaane!!1 Everyone luvs her. After runninginging away from her house she fell in love with Tarzan. She and Tarzan got married, but Tarzan cheated on Ebony Firehowl with Shadow the Hedgehog. Ebony was a depressions. Ebony ran away and had children with Balto, and liveded happily ever after because everyone luv her lols. Ebony is sooper skinny and her bewbs r huuge and she is a perfeckts. She only lestens to Skrellix becuz onlee skrillecks can maek dabstep. Oh and her father is Satan and her mother is Britney Spears. She is goffick and emo and ttlly hardkoor and has scene haire and she only wears Blood On the Dancefloor shirts and will only shop at hot topic only becuz preps r srsly stoopid. She has a pet dragon! she donats monies to sayv the wolfs.

Ebony Firehowl + Balto = luv 5ever liek dis if you crey everytiem

...Why did I write all this. Please don't take it seriously, I just... I just HAD to.
-Insert clever signature that most likely includes an overused quote that everyone has heard on YouTube-

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 06:03:31 am »
Someone called me a Mary sue b4 but I was just acting as my regular obnoxious kid carrie Ive tried to master obnoxiousness for XD i.e:  -sticks tounge out and blows rasberrys- Guy I was rping with: I'm not rping with a Mary sue! Me:...? okay what? Guy: -poof-
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:09:30 am by Greystar »
Happy Pride Month!

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:10:43 pm »
Lol. One guy called me a mary sue once just cuz I have yellowish fur and carry a gun XD
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:12 pm »
Lol!
Happy Pride Month!

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »
She has ADD, ADHD,  has Autism
I have ADHD URL, that make me Mary Sue? Heck no, but I am a heck of a lot weirder than the so called "normal" >XD
Happy Pride Month!