Author Topic: Live Action Lion King?  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Live Action Lion King?
« on: September 30, 2016, 10:09:47 am »
So along with the live action Jungle Book (which I actually found to be a good movie), supposedly there is a live action Lion King in the works.

Say what now?!?

Here's a CNN article: http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/media/lion-king-live-action-movie/

Here's the Google News search link to look at other articles: Live Action Lion King Google News Link

Anyway, considering Impressive Title's and FeralHeart's ties to The Lion King, what do you all think of this?

Personally, i'm not gonna expect the best and not going to expect the worst. I guess i'll just say i'm neutral about this. The Lion King was my favorite movie as a young kid and I still cherish it today. I really hope that they make this turn out well.

Update: November 5th, 2017
Cast has been announced (Walt Disney's Twitter)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:07:27 am by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Live Action Lion King?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:14:16 am »
I hope the movie turns out great. I am looking foward into seeing this.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:17:52 am »
Oooooh....hmmmm....well I don't know how to feel. It would probably be amazing, seeing as the CGI in The Jungle Book for the felines was amazing but....eh, I'm old school and grew up with the original animated one and in my opinion, that will always be my favorite. Nothing is gonna change that! xD

But that doesn't mean I wont watch this and enjoy it! I'm looking forward to it!

Offline floradaisylily

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 04:46:01 pm »
Oooh I heard of this just recently and got super excited! Personally, I absolutely loved the new Jungle Book movie, and actually wondered what it would be like if they recreated The Lion King. I know that it wont be perfect, but it's something I look forward to seeing. :D

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 06:24:23 pm »
I LOVED the Lion King. I'm quite excited to see it made, but I'm kind of already expecting something if it. I'm expecting it to be exactly the same as the cartoon except live action, CGI lions and the works. Let's hope it all works.

I'd also expect to see and hear the original voice actors reprise their roles. It wouldn't be the Lion King without them.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:39:28 pm »
... but....eh, I'm old school and grew up with the original animated one and in my opinion, that will always be my favorite. Nothing is gonna change that! xD
But that doesn't mean I wont watch this and enjoy it! I'm looking forward to it!
I definitely agree. Nothing will ever surpass the original, imo.

I'd also expect to see and hear the original voice actors reprise their roles. It wouldn't be the Lion King without them.
I also want to hear the original voice actors. To me the characters wouldn't be the same without the voices of James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons, Matthew Broderick. The only ones that obviously will have different voice actors unless they use the audio from the cartoons would be cub Simba and Nala.

Thank everyone for replying. Nice to hear positive responses on this :D

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:40:22 pm »
I actually hadn't heard about this until I saw this thread. ^^ I'm a bit curious, myself, to see what they decide to do with it, although since The Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time, I don't know if it will top the standards set by the Disney film. Naturally, I'm a bit skeptical of remakes of classic and beloved films because it has the potential to tarnish a legacy, The Loin Guard but even if it doesm't live up to the animated film, it may turn out to be a delightful stand-alone production. I loved Favreau's adaptation of The Jungle Book, though, so perhaps I would end up enjoying it. I would definitely be interested to check it out when it's released.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:43:48 pm by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 01:03:08 am »
I actually hadn't heard about this until I saw this thread. ^^ I'm a bit curious, myself, to see what they decide to do with it, although since The Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time, I don't know if it will top the standards set by the Disney film. Naturally, I'm a bit skeptical of remakes of classic and beloved films because it has the potential to tarnish a legacy, The Loin Guard but even if it doesm't live up to the animated film, it may turn out to be a delightful stand-alone production. I loved Favreau's adaptation of The Jungle Book, though, so perhaps I would end up enjoying it. I would definitely be interested to check it out when it's released.

XD at the tiny text. I'm a bit skeptical too. I hope they don't stray from the original story either. This includes the original voice actors; it wouldn't be the same without them. Those except for the child actors who now have adult voices lol.

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »
I've heard this before somewhere. I'm not as attached to TLK as much as the next floof but I'm aware of it's achievement as a Disney Film. From what I've seen from the recent Jungle Book adaptation, I think this could go well. And The Lion King was actually based on a Shakespeare classic (see Hamlet) Which would make it easier for them to design it a darker and more dramatic atmosphere.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 03:01:06 pm »
I'm actually so hyped for this remake. Although I am a large fan of Disney's animated originals, I think this new legacy of live action films could bring some potential to the big screens. I'm really curious to see what they do with this one, as I suppose most of it will be a large deal of CGI. It makes me wonder if they're still going to keep it cartoonish or if they're going to go full out realistic CGI.  Can't wait though!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.