Author Topic: Preset Replacement Question [SOLVED]  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Replacement Question
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 07:40:33 am »
Mane is the same thing. If a body part on a preset (or the entire preset) comes up as black and yellow, it means that the code for it is there, but there was no image or texture for it to use. So that'd mean the person never made a mane texture for it, leaving just the body, head, tail, and eye textures.

If a preset comes up as solid white, with no texture or color at all, it means that the image for it is there but there's a mistake in the code, such as the image types not matching up with the actual textures or i.e. an extra bracket (I've done that once...).

Yeah, with the preset I mentioned in the original post, there was a lot of white happening xD It was a coding mess.

I think you've pretty much explained it for me. But for one last check, if all the files are there and correct when you export it, what you change in the preset folder after the export doesn't change the .fhp and so people will see the older version until they download the newer one. Am I right on that?
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 07:45:37 am »
Yeah, with the preset I mentioned in the original post, there was a lot of white happening xD It was a coding mess.

I think you've pretty much explained it for me. But for one last check, if all the files are there and correct when you export it, what you change in the preset folder after the export doesn't change the .fhp and so people will see the older version until they download the newer one. Am I right on that?

Ah XD.

And correct if I understood that right. The final preset aka .fhp file is independent and will remain unchanged until a new one has been exported over it. And those that have the preset will not see the changes you've made until you give them the new one.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 07:49:00 am »
Ah XD.

And correct if I understood that right. The final preset aka .fhp file is independent and will remain unchanged until a new one has been exported over it. And those that have the preset will not see the changes you've made until you give them the new one.

Okay, thanks so much for explaining this all to me. You've been a big help. I've been confused on this for a while I believe you've answered my questions here. I should be able to replace the files that I need to without worry.

Thanks to Arctic and Kuri too ^^

This can be locked :)
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED: Preset Replacement Question
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 07:52:15 am »
You're welcome floof! Glad to see the issue resolved and that I could help! A staffer should be along in due time to lock this up for you!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Preset Replacement Question [SOLVED]
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »
I'll lock this up for you now. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.