Author Topic: Strange Color Bursting Glitch?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Strange Color Bursting Glitch?
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:30:23 pm »
I have no better way to describe what's happening other than that I am having some kind of weird color bursting glitch. I checked around the forum but haven't seen anyhing about this so far. I have noticed for the past few days now these weird small color burst spasms in my character's face but today when I logged on they are bursting from all over the place and only on canine character. I tried uninstalling/deleting and reinstalling the game but it keeps happening. I have never had this problem before so I'm wondering is anyone else seeing this and is this possibly some new strange in game glitch? It's very distracting trying to play with these giant color bursts exploding out of characters all over the place... I have not downloaded any new content and even when I deleted all the stuff I had it continues. Here are some screenies of what it looks like:

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Color Bursting Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »
What the heck xD Wow. Um... I can truly say I've never, ever seen anything like this. You might try updating your graphics card and being sure that you are running the correct rendering system. Weird glitches like this can happen when your graphics card is wonky... though like I said I've never seen this before. I might ask Raz about it if you are unable to fix it by updating your graphics card etc.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:42:17 pm »
Thanks Wolffox I can try that although I  forgot to mention I just got this laptop like a month ago brand new and it's a very good model. The game was working great as well as a few other games up until this weekend. All my other games are doing well so I am puzzled. The current rendering system has always worked for me and when I changed it it's still the same weirdness...   I really am going nuts in game with all this flashing and explosions so any help you guys can give me will be VERY appreciated lol.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:50:56 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:45:42 pm »
Uhm. Well. Uhm.

What the heck xD Wow. Um... I can truly say I've never, ever seen anything like this. You might try updating your graphics card and being sure that you are running the correct rendering system. Weird glitches like this can happen when your graphics card is wonky... though like I said I've never seen this before. I might ask Raz about it if you are unable to fix it by updating your graphics card etc.

^ That. I'll run it by some people as well.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 08:54:52 pm »
Just install another copy of the game someplace else on your computer without doing any modifications to it or installing mods.

See if it works alright, if it does work alright, and changing the rendering mode doesn't affect the game to act this way again, then I'm rather certain changes had been done to your game and it's files for it to act like this. Could have something to do with custom markings/items/presets maybe.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:40 pm »
Thank you all for trying to help. I will try what you said Red and as soon as I'm done with it all I will let you guys know the results.

Update:
Ok so I did what Red said first. I reinstalled a nice clean copy of the game in another location in my pc but left the rendering system the same. When I entered in game everything seemed fine so far. When I reentered Fluorite though there was still a small spaz in my character's face and one others but it's much smaller now and not happening as often. I walked around a bit and spent some time map hoping and the spaz hasn't happened anymore.
I tried changing the rendering system but there still is some sort of small graphis spaz that still happens on the character's face. It's like a fast flash of color and very hard to get a screenshot of it. Luckily it is not as dramatic as the above images. I haven't modified or moved any of the files in the new copy. I notice this weird flash only happens in Fluorite and to canine characters on their face. The problem doesn't seem so bad now cause it's much smaller now and doesn't happen unless I'm in Fluorite so I guess I can settle with this so far. Thank you all for the help. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:34:06 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 02:22:04 am »
Glad you got it sorted for the most part, floof.
Just in case though, this is from Raz: turn lip-sync off.