Author Topic: Preset Help (moving markings)  (Read 1187 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Preset Help (moving markings)
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:26:33 pm »
Hello everyone
For quite some time now I have been wanting to make a preset with moving markings. (like markings that look like blood dripping down a scar) The problem I'm having is that I just don't understand how to do the coding etc. It's very confusing to me. I used a few tutorials including the one by Tigg but every time I feel like I have the hang of it something goes wrong with the preset and the experiment fails :(
Anyway can someone give me a detailed explanation as to how to do this. Please include images if possible xD I really am lost with this whole thing. I would appreciate any help <3 Thank you.
Btw I am using GIMP

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Help (moving markings)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:08:26 pm »
Have you tried this?
If so, then is there a specific thing you don't get?

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »
Arg Sura, I could livestream a Demo for you, with a pre made code for you. If you'd like c:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:58:49 am by Raw »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:35:57 pm »
Arg Syra, I could livestream a Demo for you, with a pre made code for you. If you'd like c:
Aye, I suggest watching and listening to rawy's demonstration on Live stream. I needed help with animating presets and she helped me alot. :-D It's way easyer than you think. :-]

If you still need help don't be afraid to ask. :]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:37:58 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:55:39 pm »
I could suggest using a moving layer under a fixed layer. Draw transparent markings of the blood on your character, create a new image of blood looking stuff. You will need the scrolling code for this of course though.

I have to go now so i'll have to post it when i get back. It's on Ruby's thread though i think.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:55:17 pm »
@Ruby: Actually I haven't seen that one yet and thank you again Ruby this is the second time you help me with my preset trouble. I was just looking over the information you provided on that tutorial and I will retry experimenting with my preset now using that tutorial.

@Raw: Thank you soo much Raw that would help alot. I work a little better with a visual aid when it comes to dealing with presets and stuff like this. Whenever you are free just send a message my way to let me know when you can do it. Hopefully some time next week though since I will be very busy this week.

@BigBang: Thank you also for the suggestion I will definately try checking out a livestream by Raw :3 and I am glad she was able to help you. Raw is a very helpful floof indeed :3

@Ingrediant: Thank you also for the help and definately whenever you get the chance I can use all the information possible so I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me :3
+floof for you all

By the way though does it matter what numbering you do in the coding? I believe that the tutorial of Ruby only mentions making horizontal movement but not vertical. That's one of the things that confuses me most like how do I get the dripping down effect? Since there are so many directions a moving marking can make how do you specifically number it for specific movements? Is there a need or am I still over thinking this lol?
Again thank you all

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 01:18:34 am »
By the way though does it matter what numbering you do in the coding? I believe that the tutorial of Ruby only mentions making horizontal movement but not vertical. That's one of the things that confuses me most like how do I get the dripping down effect? Since there are so many directions a moving marking can make how do you specifically number it for specific movements? Is there a need or am I still over thinking this lol?
Again thank you all

The first number is the speed along the X axis and the second is the speed along the Y axis.
In order to get a vertical movement, you will need to rotate the texture in GIMP, and export it that way.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:59 am »
Aye will do Sura! You better be around on skypiez so I can message you easier! See you soon, and hopefully I can help out c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 05:03:58 am »
@Ruby: That explains alot. Thank you Ruby I guess I will fiddle around with the new info you guys gave me and see what disasters I can come up with. If I need any more advice or have questions I will be sure to message you guys as long as you don't mind :D?
@Raw: I will try my best xD I come on Skype once a day usually just to check who is on but since I usually come on late I don't see you on or you're afk. I will definately try to come around a little more often next week provided nothing pops up. Thank you Raw :3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 07:52:12 am »
Let us know how you go then ^^
Will be inactive due to work and exams.