Author Topic: So I want to make a game but I'm not sure how  (Read 1913 times)

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
So I want to make a game but I'm not sure how
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:48:49 am »
(Not sure if I posted this in the right place but I think I did?)
So right now I got Unity and Python, are these the right things to use? Also, any ideas or advice on how to do any of it? Like if I decide I want to play it with friends how exactly do I make the game online, and would it be free to do so? Any other programs I should get?

I'm mostly looking for advice but a few ideas would be nice too.
Oh, cool, I exist.

ForestHysteria

Re: So I want to make a game but I'm not sure how
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:16:45 am »
Making a game is tough but it can be enjoyable.
Unity and Python are good to work with (I've worked with Python Script in the past) but it depends on what sort of game you are making, if it's like IT/FH then you should consider making a private IT server for you and your friends. The source code for that can be found on K.I.T.O otherwise, coding is a tough thing to learn, it's like a new language. I suggest you play around with it and once you feel comfortable then try making a game or try an IT server.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 01:29:06 am »
Making a game is tough but it can be enjoyable.
Unity and Python are good to work with (I've worked with Python Script in the past) but it depends on what sort of game you are making, if it's like IT/FH then you should consider making a private IT server for you and your friends. The source code for that can be found on K.I.T.O otherwise, coding is a tough thing to learn, it's like a new language. I suggest you play around with it and once you feel comfortable then try making a game or try an IT server.
Okay, I'll try playing around with Unity and Python then look up some coding stuff. Thanks
Oh, cool, I exist.

ForestHysteria

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:18:19 am »
No problem, I'm happy to help. c:

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:48:01 pm »
Hey, sorry if this is a bit late, but if python's giving you trouble, I personally prefer C# for Unity. As an added plus, I believe a number of coding school websites have example scripts for basic coding templates (ex: movement, first person, kill scripts, etc.). Here is one that I remember using a couple years back. Best of luck with your game!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:29:25 pm »
Hey, sorry if this is a bit late, but if python's giving you trouble, I personally prefer C# for Unity. As an added plus, I believe a number of coding school websites have example scripts for basic coding templates (ex: movement, first person, kill scripts, etc.). Here is one that I remember using a couple years back. Best of luck with your game!
Thanks, I'll be looking at it
Oh, cool, I exist.