Author Topic: Idea for the map testing mode  (Read 2203 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Idea for the map testing mode
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:23:37 am »
I think it would be a good idea to be able to to customise the size of the creature that you run around in test mode with, for making sure that a max size creature can fit on a chair or a table or to make sure that small creatures can't fit under a door.

It surely would benefit those creating indoor maps such as houses, hospitals, schools or laboratories.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for the map testing mode
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:12:10 am »
I think there was a post somewhat similar to this but I'm not sure.

But yeah I would like to be able to customize the character you test maps with, or even be able to use a character you've already created. However, pretty sure we would need the source code for all of that. And sadly, staff don't have that. But hey, it's a pretty good idea nonetheless!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 07:35:27 am »
Developing you idea, I think it would be great if we could customise the default models used in the Map Maker and make it to our own delight - even test out a preset while also testing out the map - and I believe that it would also be neat if we could also switch to the canine model while testing out our map; rather than just the default feline model the whole time.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 08:18:58 am »
I agree to this and being able to test presets/characters within the map maker {instead of having to go to CODW} as some people base their maps on specific characters.

This may be slightly off topic but another idea is if we could test presets {in the preset maker} in a specific map/be able to choose which map out of defults and customs.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 11:13:05 am »
Developing you idea, I think it would be great if we could customise the default models used in the Map Maker and make it to our own delight - even test out a preset while also testing out the map - and I believe that it would also be neat if we could also switch to the canine model while testing out our map; rather than just the default feline model the whole time.

I agree with the species too, that was in the main post before I accidentally reloaded the page. Choosing the species is very handy because I use Gold/Aqua Chocobo's Feline Animations while the canines have normal animations, and testing maps using the normal animations would help with getting curled up characters to fit in beds and cradles and other places people would curl up.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 03:12:10 pm »
This would be really handy! Or being able to add wings so you can fly to certain places would be nice, since I know that's something I've wanted before.

This is a neat idea, hopefully one day (when we have the source code n all) this would be implemented.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Fantasia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 09:55:50 pm »
That's a great Idea you have here. I've been walking in the houses in the Feral City map, with full-sized character. You can't imagine it, but my character just slided through the whole house and the ground when it just tried to sit on a chair! It looked hilarious I tell you, lmao. So that could be a good map to be edited with the character scaling tool. :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:58:43 pm by Fantasia »
Hello there, Obi Wan Kenobi.