Author Topic: I can't connect to front server  (Read 1325 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
I can't connect to front server
« on: May 13, 2017, 05:19:20 am »
I've encountered a peculiar problem.

Whenever I try to log in(And I'm sure I typed the password right) I get an error saying something along the lines of: "Can't connect to front server, retry?".

I have checked the spelling of my password many times, but that didn't work.

My internet is fine. The game's just giving me an error and not crashing out completely.

This started a minute before I posted this, I don't understand how it could stop letting me log in so suddenly. None of my chars are in new maps, and the last time it let me log in I was staying in The Grounds to test my newly made Sun Radiance, not exploring. And I have reset the position of that char I used to test that Sun Radiance I'm currently in the making of.

Speaking of Sun Radiance, why can't I get the Sun Radiance to show up?

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: I can't connect to front server
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:25:44 am »
Have you tried resetting your home through the user panel and/or changing your rendering system through the ogre.cfg file?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:37:00 am by Chipz »

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 05:34:54 am »
Have you tried changing your render system?

Quoted through Redlinelies within This thread

Either you start the game, go into the Options menu (can be accessed by pressing the Escape key on your computer), click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the Feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with Notepad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text

Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied. You can also change your Rendering system by setting it to OpenGl instead of Direct3D9.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain, but there's still one more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:37:45 am by Chipz »

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 05:38:38 am »
It just got working by itself, thank you for trying to help though. :)

Rather silly of me to post a thread about a problem that fixed itself, maybe next time I should not be in such a rush to get the problem solved.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 05:41:23 am »
It just got working by itself, thank you for trying to help though. :)

Rather silly of me to post a thread about a problem that fixed itself, maybe next time I should not be in such a rush to get the problem solved.

This has happend to me before and I found it was my Internet being slow,
I am glad to hear it resolved itself.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 05:46:13 am »
I'll go ahead and lock this up.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.