Author Topic: My game keeps crashing!!!  (Read 748 times)

Offline xXSandyXx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • GeorgiaTheArtist
    • Sandy MasterGarden
    • View Profile
My game keeps crashing!!!
« on: May 14, 2017, 06:18:50 pm »
Hello i have a problem...
I Would love to make Terrains but theres a problem
When ever I put my Terrain File Name in my game crashes... My Laptop is a decent one and it doesnt really crash much
Is there anyway i could fix this problem???
 :'( :'( :'(
"You can never fly, if you Never Try"- Anonymous

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: My game keeps crashing!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:33:57 pm »
Commonly the terrain you entered is slightly transparent when that happens.  Have you double checked for that?
(Common fix is to use GIMP or other photoshop-like software to remove the transparency by literally clicking "remove transparency" and press another button like "flatten image".)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:35:59 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: My game keeps crashing!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:34:26 pm »
I just recommend you go through these steps and make sure that you have done them all correctly. I also recommend you use PhotoShop or GIMP in order to create your height map, always. Though, if you choose other art softwares, just be sure to use PhotoShop or GIMP and open a new canvas as shown in the image above. Then copy and paste the image you made elsewhere into Photoshop or GIMP, and it will become and save as a grayscale image once you do so.

Height Map Requirements:
▸ The canvas size must be 513x513pixels, or 1025x1025pixels. Either size works.
▸ Your image must be in grayscale. This does not mean use grayscale colours/shades. Your canvas/height map must be set to grayscale as shown here in PhotoShop (works the same way in GIMP):

▸ The height map must not have any Alpha Channel/Transparency. As shown in the image above, the background contents is shown as white.
▸ Before saving your map, be sure to merge all the layers by right clicking the top layer and selecting 'Merge Down/Layers'. This is only if you've used layers to create your details.
▸ Your height map should be saved as a .png format, not as anything else.

Terrain Mask Requirements:
▸ The canvas size must be 513x513pixels, or 1025x1025pixels. Either size works.
▸ Your image must be in RGB (Red 225, 0, 0 Green 0, 225, 0 Blue 0, 0, 225) colours. Use those colours exactly.
▸ Your canvas/height map must be set to RGB colour using the same method in the image above, only selecting RGB colour instead of Grayscale.
▸ The terrain mask must not have any Alpha Channel/Transparency. As shown in the image above, the background contents is shown as white.
▸ Before saving your map, be sure to merge all the layers by right clicking the top layer and selecting 'Merge Down/Layers'. This is only if you've used layers to create your details.
▸ Your terrain mask should be saved as a .png format, not as anything else.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:36:16 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone