Author Topic: How to uninstall 1.15?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Vocavixen

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How to uninstall 1.15?
« on: November 21, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »
   Since the new update, I haven't been able to uninstall the old version. It still shows up in my program list even though the folder and files were removed, yeah I kinda forgot to officially uninstall it and now there's FH 1.15 and FH 1.16. If I try to uninstall FH (Either versions) It says that it cannot find 'C:/FeralHeart/unins000.exe'

Can someone please help?

More info, I reinstalled FH 1.16 and tried to uninstall using that but now it says 'Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller.'
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 03:32:46 pm by Vocavixen »

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: How to uninstall 1.15?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 04:59:25 pm »
 :'(Since all of the files were removed and it's just the folder with a few files, it's safe to just simply right click the old folder and delete it. That would get rid of 1.15's icon as well.
I think that it's due to the installer wizard writing a new directory for 1.16,i could be wrong.

LonesomeRider

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »
To what was said before -
May have to delete any possible 1.15 files found, but there is a chance the uninstall exe and other similar files overlayed into the 1.16 folder. Installing patches is preferred to overwrite the previous patch entirely, for file issues do arise like this.
The most that could be done that I know is delete any files, until a more experienced member or staff member can help out. I did mention this to the rest of staff, to see if any of them know any ways to help out that are more effective.

Ratel

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 10:35:23 am »
This should work

windows key, bottom left > settings > apps > search feralheart > find 1.15 > uninstall

you haven't exactly said how you've tried to ununstall feralheart so i'm assuming you tried to uninstall via the uninstall thing in the actual feralheart folder.
also if you cant see the image properly right click > open in new tab
let me know how you get on, hope i can be of some help! :D

Offline Vocavixen

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 03:38:23 am »
Thanks guys! I'll try my best, also I noticed Windows won't uninstall a program if it doesn't have the right uninstaller. I tried what you are showing me, Ratel, by uninstalling it directly from settings > apps. It still shows me the same error that is utCompiledCode record. It's odd really, somehow Feral Heart is still in my computer even after I wiped all the files.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 03:49:30 am »
I'm unsure of what version of Windows you are running but I researched further into the issue and perhaps these links might help you. It's apparently a common issue with uninstalling games and apps
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/uninstaller-fails-with-message-internal-error/2ec62f2a-095a-44c6-a6ae-3ddb063eb785

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/how-to-manually-uninstall-a-game-27129991/

Offline Vocavixen

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 03:18:59 pm »
Thank you guys! I managed to fix it with your help, the old version is finally removed. Thanks again!!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 07:52:43 pm »
Locking this as the issue has been resolved.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡