Author Topic: Heywo ♡  (Read 2513 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Heywo ♡
« on: June 07, 2017, 07:19:19 pm »
I suppose that, although some people may have seen my deviantArt and found out my hobbies and what I look like, I just thought it's about time to give the floofs of FeralHeart more insight of 'who' I am. c: It's always nice seeing people posting a journal, introducing themselves and opening up their character in an informative way; revealing their "true form" and showing their beauty with what seems like no shame. I really love that, and hope to be as brave. ♡ ;w;

Spoiler
Introducing, my 2016 old self!
- at this point, I was on a strict diet and on a journey to where I am to this day; I wasn't comfortable nor happy with my body, the way I looked, and I wanted to build muscle and tone myself out in the hopes of at least looking in the mirror and having no shame for who I am. I was very self-conscious of myself around this time, and it took a lot of work but I was motivated to lose the weight I now no longer have, and clean myself up!

Sailor!
A gorgeous grey cob who was a bit of a grumpy one, but incredibly comfortable and very punk-like. He sadly retired this year as a problem in his leg has been identified at the beginning of 2017, and he has now moved to live with his old owner where he'll be happily munching on the grass in a field. This horse taught me a lot, especially how to have patience!

By this time, I was also building my confidence in jumping during my horse riding lessons. I rode a beautiful (but moody) chestnut mare called Cally, who doesn't jump 'very' high and doesn't have an uphill approach to jumps, but has taught me so much along with my instructors, Jane and Kim, and the owner of my riding school- Pat.

At first, not only was I incredibly unfit and not completely balanced, but I was also a very anxious rider and tensed a lot through the leg; which didn't help me one bit when trying to slow down any pony I've ridden thus far. I gripped with my thighs often and leaned forward a lot, which meant that I had no foot in the stirrups of my saddle and was simply allowing my pony to do as they pleased and run. However, with a lot of practice, I got my position correct and my feet back where they belong, and that's when jumping really kicked off for me; I joined the jumping clinic that happens every fortnight, and rode with much more experienced jumpers around my age group and learnt not only from them, but from Cally as well- flatwork has kicked in too, and has helped me improve my positions.

Also, meet Tommy!
Tommy is a piebald cob that came to our riding school as a trekking pony, accompanied by two other cobs named Nobby and Peter Pan. Tommy is, I think, the oldest but the trio both came in as trekking ponies and had to be put under quarantine as we found they had been infested with worms. Once they were clear and treated, weight had been put on by the three of them to be in their best condition, Tommy started work and has progressed SOOOOOO far already it's completely unebelievable! He used to canter very oddly, much like a very buff man moving his muscular arms infront of eachother and not quite being able to shuffle his arms round- but now he absolutely flows. We started jumping him rather early once we had sorted out his transitions and the movement in his gaits, and he absolutely loved it! We used jumps that were not only very inviting, but also very forgiving should he have ever put a foot wrong. Bless his heart! He jumps wonderfully- but used to charge through the jumps at first and didn't quite understand the concept of 'jumping' them at first xD. Learning so much, he now has proven he has much talent to develop and show off; but sadly I haven't been able to do any more jumping with him as of December, as something happened with his back (nothing that needed serious attention, but a minor injury) and his saddle has now been changed and he's been found much more comfortable and happier where he is now.
-I'm even hoping to ride him this Sunday!

Spoiler

With my diet and weight loss progression, I can finally say I'm so much more happier with who I am and the body I have. However, due to the exam season- I have stopped my usual workout sessions until they're over (so I can focus on my revision) and plan to start again once past June 20th, my final exam date. Come college time, I'll be using the facilities they offer for free at their gym, and building some muscle and getting fit once more! While also maintaining a healthy diet. ;)

Horse riding wise, I've built so much more confidence in my riding ability. I've still got SOOOOO much to learn, but I'm motivated and don't plan to give up when I make mistakes. Hopefully, I'll also start having a variety of different horses and ponies to jump, and won't be stuck on Cally all of the time, bless her heart, she's probably already fed up with seeing me every weekend!
Only a fortnight ago, I jumped a horse called Burt for the very first time, and my jumping instructor, Kim, said it's the best she's ever seen me ride. However, I unfortunately might not be able to jump him as often as I'd like to, because I don't want to start preventing a fellow riding friend of mine, Gemma, from riding him too. He's her all-time favourite, and I won't want to ever let myself get in her way of success with his incredible all-round talents through every types of event.

Here's a few of the photos taken 4 weeks ago, including a hilarious fall, which did not hurt one bit!!

(^ This one, I surprisingly stayed on!)

Please ignore the face and the double chin! xD

July 8th 2017 - My 16th Birthday!

Best birthday ever! I'll be brief as my birthday wasn't exactly full of presents but turning 16 and finally reaching young adulthood has certainly hit me hard, and encouraged me to mature up and start preparation for my extended diploma in Health &
 Social Care coming September. I got a new laptop, Uncharted 4 for my ps4, a mug that allows you to draw on it with chalk, some caramel chocolate, MORE chocolate, an Amazon voucher, and this gorgeous artwork from the following people!

By the gorgeous Kikiorylandia! <3

And my best present yet...

Meet RUBY!

She's about the size of my hand and stands at 9 weeks old now, so she's still got a lot of growing up to do. c:

That's it for now, but if you have any questions regarding my horse riding hobbies, you're more than welcome to ask!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:47:03 am by Shurtle »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Heywo ♡
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:48:16 pm »
HEY SHURTLE <3
ahh man I love horses. I have a few of my own - well, company owned with friends.
Though I do own one; Strangler. He's a tall son of a gun. If you could see him you'd think the name would suit. XD

Beautiful horses. <3

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:38:26 pm »
Horses<3 They are so pretty!! And it was nice getting to know more about you<3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:26:03 am »
Nice photos there, Shurtle. c: Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us. I've always wanted to ride horses. I'm happy to hear that your confidence with riding is building!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:13:48 am »
Horses are the best animals >^> Always an forever. -Tosses a pokeball at the wild shurtle-

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 09:30:51 am »
Aww, I love horses! My partner helped me get over my fear of them when she introduced me to her old boy, Castiel. I hope to go trail riding with her after my birthday. I'm glad you're confident in yourself, and your motivation is very inspiring, Shurtle. Thank you for sharing this with us! <3 *pets the horsies*

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 12:18:53 pm »
Ayee, Shurtle!
The horse is so pretty and you are really talented and lucky to be able to ride one! Must be fun no? Probably is! I've always wanted to try riding but most of the time you don't get the oppurtunity up ere'.

Thanks for sharing more 'bout yourself <33 c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 07:35:37 am »
Thank you guys for the lovely feedback! <3
@D-ead7Dog: Would love to see him some time, he sounds like he's a gorgeous boy!! Cannot imagine ever paying your horses a visit and riding them though, if Strangler's big I'll look like a newborn baby on his back! If he's in work of course. c':

@Kikiorylandia: Thank you! c:

@Morgra: Thank you! <3 You should definitely try it out the moment you get an opportunity to ride a horse; never doubt yourself either when it's your first (or first few) time(s) of getting to ride one. c:

@Lady_RavenRose: Congratulations! You have captured a wild Shurtle! Horses aren't actually my *favourite* animals, but they're more joint first with dogs. :3

@Sigunr: I'm glad you conquered your fear! With horses, they're beasts you wouldn't want to get on the bad side on; but with trust, patience, and kindness you'll have great partnership with such elegant beings. As long as you keep them happy and you're always positive, encouraging them to do things they might not necessarily want to do at first, and you're confident around them- they'll trust you to help them through difficult times and will work well with you! I'm glad a little bit of my story could inspire you. <3

@Accailia: Thank you!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 09:47:24 am »
Updated.~