Author Topic: Accidentally broke my game (help!)  (Read 683 times)

Offline Sincerest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Fractal, how the pattern repeats itself!
    • wondersofyears
    • wondersofyears
    • View Profile
    • My art instagram!
Accidentally broke my game (help!)
« on: January 16, 2024, 12:31:50 am »
so i downloaded a custom world by xDirewolfy called Stormpoint, and when i tried to enter the map through the Cape of Distant Worlds i got a red screen until my game crashed.. but now i can't open FH at all?

does anyone know if there's a way to somehow remove the Stormpoint files, or would i just have to revert to a vanilla version of FH and redownload everything (presets, textures, worlds) to that vanilla file? ;;
You could be my compass, teach me how to read these broken lines.
Bio (wip)| My works (wip)
✦✦✦

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally broke my game (help!)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 01:23:19 am »
Unless you know exactly what is breaking the game (ie exactly what files) you're probably going to need to revert to a vanilla version unfortunately! You shouldn't have to redownload everything, though, presets & markings should be unaffected and you should be able to grab them from the old folder and put them in the new one (I'd recommend perhaps making a backup folder of everything you use, that's what I do!)

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 05:25:41 am »
That's....extremely odd. I've never heard of that happening before.

I would first cross-reference the files you installed into your FH folder with the ones that came with the custom map and remove those files and see if that does anything. If your game still doesn't start up, look for possible duplicate particle files in your particle folder, as I know duplicates prevent FH from opening (crashing as soon as it tries to boot up).

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Harleen

• The FeralHeart Local Friend~
  • Member Of The Season
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ''I don't yell at you. I just speak in all caps.''
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 07:52:15 am »
I have had an issue like this before. What I also suggest doing is trying to remove the .fhm out of your exports folder and see if that fixed anything. Maybe something in the file is corrupted or outdated. Hopefully you’ll get it fixed soon.
Profile art made by kaizer.ashton + Signature by NightR

Offline cieruchan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Cake Cake KAKI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 08:03:37 am »
The main cause of this problem is that the map you downloaded, created by xDirewolfy, is not supported in FH, since the map itself was created for FHU! In the same way that FH maps don't work in FHU, FHU maps often cause crashes for FH.
I won't say for sure that FHU maps won't work in FH but since I've seen so many reports about it, I think it's best not to try it at the moment.
SonneDuskull or cieru.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 09:55:58 am »
The main cause of this problem is that the map you downloaded, created by xDirewolfy, is not supported in FH, since the map itself was created for FHU! In the same way that FH maps don't work in FHU, FHU maps often cause crashes for FH.
I won't say for sure that FHU maps won't work in FH but since I've seen so many reports about it, I think it's best not to try it at the moment.

Ahh that makes a lot of sense! FU maps/mods will not work with FH since they are completely separate from each other.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort