Author Topic: FeralCraft - MINECRAFT TOTAL CONVERSION  (Read 57637 times)

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: FeralCraft - MINECRAFT TOTAL CONVERSION
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »
Crud I just lost my preset....
It is of paramount importance that you back up your /entire/ FeralHeart folder prior to installing just about anything - not just FeralCraft. If you did not do this, then there is nothing I can really do to help - sorry. :(

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: FeralCraft - MINECRAFT TOTAL CONVERSION
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 06:46:20 pm »
Super update! We're finally back, and v0.9.3 is released! :D

Offline Azorukon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • YEET YEET
    • Azorukonn
    • View Profile
    • FA
Re: [UPDATED!] FeralCraft - MINECRAFT TOTAL CONVERSION
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »
w-o-w o-o this is so amazing, feral heart mixed with minecraft! 8D

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »
w-o-w o-o this is so amazing, feral heart mixed with minecraft! 8D
Thanks for the comment! :D I'm glad you like it thus far, and hopefully future updates will be even more amazing, and more Minecrafty - so stay tuned! :3

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 02:41:13 am »
This is pretty damn cool, but I'd only really use it if you removed the mild texturing I see. I really recommend 2 versions, one with the Minecraft textures as they are in Minecraft, pixelated, and another like you have it now, pixelated, but with the mild noisy texturing to add some depth. It's not what I'd be looking for.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2013, 03:21:58 am »
This is pretty damn cool, but I'd only really use it if you removed the mild texturing I see. I really recommend 2 versions, one with the Minecraft textures as they are in Minecraft, pixelated, and another like you have it now, pixelated, but with the mild noisy texturing to add some depth. It's not what I'd be looking for.
Ah yes, that would be a pretty neat addition! and to be honest, I'm not entirely fond of the subtle texturing myself - it's just something I threw in at the beginning because it was difficult to put Minecraft's extremely low-resolution textures (16 x 16) into FeralHeart without making it look horrible and smudgy, even after editing the texture-resolution algorithm - so I just went and found the first default HD texture pack I could. However! methinks it should be a lot easier to get default Minecraft textures working now that I've had a bit more experience with writing/editing code; and if that fails, I can always try finding another default HD texture pack without the texturing. I'm definitely going to add this on the to-do list for 0.9.4, and I thank you for the suggestion. :3 if you have any more suggestions or ideas, feel free to post them here; after all, it's feedback that keeps the mod going! :D

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2013, 07:45:11 am »
Well, considering Minecraft is predominantly voxel based, polygon recreations of items like pickaxes, swords, armor etc are actually quite perceivable. Other such accessories such as a diamond ore pendant, Enderdragon wings, a dragon egg necklace, hell even a diamond necklace. The great thing about Minecraft's art style is it's so recognizable and exploitable. So those would be my next recommendations. Items for your character to fit the theme. And from then on in, things such as small clusters of smoothsone to replace the existing rock models, (If you're lucky, make them match Feralheart's TERRIBLE cuboid collision geometry) flora textures from the game to replace Feralheart's more 3D flora, and even a code to remove the terrain smoothing that causes the painfully triangular terrain, and just keep it as a series of steps.

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2013, 07:46:25 am »
Oh, and UI textures.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2013, 07:52:44 am »
All that's definitely planned :3 but the items such as pickaxes and such will probably come later, as Harkane and I's 3d modelling skills are currently limited at best (mayhap even extremely so) - unless you possess those skills yourself and you'd like to hop onto the team, it'll probably be a few more versions before we have anything like a pickaxe or a shovel. Smooth-stone rocks, more vegetation, some UI additions, and those textures you suggested will be in 0.9.4, though - you can count on it. :D

Offline milanno

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2013, 06:36:48 pm »
Is there a Herobrine face?