Author Topic: Intense moments in roleplays.  (Read 4681 times)

Rizzla

Intense moments in roleplays.
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:07:49 pm »
...surely I can't be the only one who has gotten an adrenaline rush from a good roleplay session! Huge turning points in the plot, bloody fights between a few characters, devastating losses... things can get exciting, can't they? Whether it was within a group or just a 1x1, share the most intense rp moment you've ever had. ?

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: Intense moments in roleplays.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »
It's been a while since I've RPed, but you're definitely not alone! Back when I roleplayed as my dog character, Edol, I would always get a bit of a rush from typing out the spars he'd participate in. Always so much fun!

Neat discussion idea.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 11:46:34 pm »
Most of my roleplays have memorably intense moments, but I think this is one of my favourites:

(Backstory) These two demons have been married for years, but the other's medically lost his mind, kind of similar to alzheimer's or dementia, only in the murder-y way. The still sane one, while the insane one was off in the mental hospital, fell in love with a demon that he didn't know was his husband's ex from thousands and thousands of years ago. So, insane husband comes home, finds a female demon he thought had died at the door, and almost flips, sane one says that she's just there to help around the house, yada yada, insane one doesn't buy it knowing that his husband's lying to himself. Things don't go smoothly from there. Sane husband starts to leave sassy song lyrics around the house that are sort of just complaining about the insane one's jealousy and his general attitude towards his husband, combined with the insane one's lack of ever being able to wake up/think clearly (due to being heavily medicated) leads up to this.

(No longer backstory, yay!) Insane demon leaves the lyrics to Pierce the Veil's "King for a Day" are left around the house in verses, alongside a link for his husband to be able to watch the music video. Insane demon doesn't take his medication, so he's a little loopy. Husband watches the song, gets terrified because he doesn't like that kind of music, and runs downstairs to find the insane husband twirling a butcher's knife between his fingers. It's a very intense scene with lowkey argument, aaaand. . .we haven't finished it yet. But so far, sane husband is terrified.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 11:48:12 pm »
Yay, I'm not the only one! I myself don't rp near as much as I used to, but I always loved the rushes I would get when something exciting would happen. Almost as if you were picking it up off of your characters. It's a wonderful feeling indeed.

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 12:47:32 am »
Oh me too! A good roleplay session, plot twist, character devastation etc etc.. Is incredible to roleplay. I love it when characters and writing brings out legitimate emotion and adrenaline ;)

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Nak3dAng3l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 01:08:00 am »
i remember my first rush so clearly. it was a nice day, and for the factor that all new members that were not reaching for the medic domain had to either spar a new or experienced member to see the character's potential to join.

since we were both new to the experience, we didn't talk about the outcome and made many mistakes. but, i found quite the rush at the end- my character and hers falling from exhaustion due to the fact that they'd never sparred before, falling on top of each other and ending the duel as a (to finish later.) we were heavily criticized and were watched by experienced members of sparring, lol. it was a lovely fun and i will always remember it close to my heart although i only stayed within the group for a month.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 02:05:59 am »
Ahh what an interesting topic!

I think the most adrenaline pumping RP moment I had happened a few years back in the infamous Black-Metal pack. My character, Akuma, (who was small, insane and very unstable) was pitted up against the Alpha's son (A much larger opponent) in a friendly spar. Or at least it started out as friendly. In BM the sparring rules were that you were able to inflict wounds as you wish, but none that were fatal. The spar started off fine, and then my character out of nowhere snapped a cord and went psycho. She ended up murdering the alpha's son. It was really epic to RP out, and the reaction from the rest of the pack was priceless (We kept the plot twist between me, the alpha, and her son, so it was a surprise to everyone). I remember that my character's mate & daughter were so terrified because they didn't know what would happen to my character after she had broke like, the number one no-no rule xD It was by far my favorite moment in RP.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 06:05:48 am »
I love this topic!

I believe I have experienced this in one of my role plays with my best friend a few years ago. I haven't really experienced it in group roleplay as I don't do that a lot; it was 1 on 1 with my friend and I's characters. There were a lot of emotions firing up in me. It felt like I was placed in my character's body.
Sometimes when we would do silly/ridiculous roleplays I would be so overwhelmed with laughter that there was a lot of adrenaline fueling my responses xD

Gosh, I miss those days
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline TheExperience

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Been Busy
    • http://unfilteredart.deviantart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 06:10:44 am »
I've always loved a good roleplay session, especially one that entails a spar, or character development and progress in general. When you know a plot or moment is at its tipping point, the blood begins rushing none too quickly. I get goosebumps every time.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 11:06:42 pm »
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT !!! DING DING DING.
I really LOVE when I get to a point in a role play where I realize that my character needs to face something. Now, I do not mean make a whole sob-story, drama-llama thing. I mean, slowly and gradually pushing them to the point of madness. However, in certain groups, every character is near that point; even if they are an unborn fetus. .//shrugs I do not understand that at all, but I guess people have their quirks... even if those quirks involve being an excessive annoyance.

In order to develop any sort of conflict, you and your roleplaying partner(s) need to know what makes your character tick. Not "annoying pups," or "giddy-happy-whatever girly canine-thing," because no... just no. That isn't realistic even if you aren't going for a realistic character. If they don't enjoy those things, then be more descriptive! What don't they like, specifically, about puppies? Are they too loud, the fact they're small? Have they had a bad experience with puppies in their past? Or perhaps, they themselves knew their own guardians/parents weren't fond of puppies and they learned from that. .//ramble

Back to knowing what makes your character tick; think about it. Place your character in your shoes, or perhaps someone you know. What makes you/them annoyed at the slightest instance? Are they impatient, do they not like crowds, loud noises, the dark, a certain smell or noise? Flesh the character out and test them, that is the only way one can know how to guide your character.

As for fighting and creating conflict, that takes time. It is rarely a "one punch and over with" sort of thing. When did the beef/aggression start? How long has it been an issue? Is there anything specific about the dislike/hatred, is there some psychological reason they do not see eye-to-eye? Think about it. Speaking for me here, I rarely strike at any conflict. Most of my roleplaying characters are peaceful, and if they did have an aggressive past, they have learned from their mistakes. My main character/fursona, Wolfie, is a troubled individual. Yes, she has amnesia and an unpredictable personality; but even then I will never force her to fight.

Ramble over~
Nice topic, by the way. I most likely milked it, aha.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!