Author Topic: Is FH Dying?  (Read 12991 times)

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
Re: Is FH Dying?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 06:03:12 pm »
its def not as active as it used to be but imo that's kind of inevitable, esp since updates are sparse and registration and logging in is such a hassle nowadays. I don't think it being less active means its going to die though. I've seen games with even less players per day that didn't seem the show any sign of stopping.

personally speaking I agree that the black login page should be removed. the drama that caused the hacking is long over, I don't even rlly remember what the circumstances were anymore

Offline Nephrite

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • nephriite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 02:06:28 am »
I've been a member of FH for seven years (?) and since the registration was closed off I honestly haven't seen it open since then. I also don't actively check, but I haven't even actually seen registration open.

Perhaps when we get new content or a map, I'd love to see a big new registration event? Like keep registration open for as long as the server can handle it anyways, then we could see a lot more new faces!! In the past year and a half or so the active population has declined; the average was about 750 users online and now I see around 300.

Offline Cruel_Tide228

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • lolololololololololol
    • View Profile
    • https://vk.com/karina_volk000
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 03:14:16 am »
i dont think so!
if players still on it mean its not.  :)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 08:45:38 am »
Open registration already.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 06:31:21 pm »
i dont think so!
if players still on it mean its not.  :)

It isn't dead, no, but it is dying.

A dwindling playerbase is a massive sign of this. Just because people still play, doesn't mean it isn't in a state of decay.
Look at Lawbreakers. 40 player average. Plug was pulled on it recently because of that.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 06:38:02 pm »
Figured I'd speak up on this since I've been really thinking about this.

Yes the game is at a standstill in activity. Staff have been considering ways to improve this, such as opening registration. We have had several calls concerning the subject. LordSuragaha and Nynx both discussed this in » this « thread. The new update will also hopefully bring in an influx of people, new and old alike. We've been building the next patch around making it so the number of players that stick around increase. We've been trying our very best.

However, when the game still has roughly 200-300 people online daily for being almost 8 years old, it's a stretch to say that the game is dying. There's too much negativity and jumping to conclusions in this thread. If the game was truly on its deathbed, those numbers would be a lot smaller, there'd be little to no activity in the staff team and the forums would be quiet. 200 people is a lot of people. It may not feel like it is, but it really is. Think about that many people logging into this game to spend their time on it every day and then think of the statement "FeralHeart is dying". Population isn't the only factor here. It's also the way members communicate. There has been less public conversation and more private conversation leading to that desolate feeling in the maps. We have also addressed that issue in our staff calls.

I can get that the decrease in players has been a concern. We're glad you're voicing those concerns as they're important to discuss with one another and make sure they are heard and understood. But what I can't understand is instead of a thread addressing that issue alone, the thread is centered around the end of the game. It's a pessimistic approach to a temporary problem the game is facing. It sounds very final. For me, it's disheartening to see, because I care so much about FH. There aren't as many people online as when there was in the beginning but as we have stated before, we are looking into solving that problem and bringing the population count back up. Just hang in there and try to have a more positive outlook on this game. You guys obviously care deeply--staff care deeply. We are working to solve the problem. That doesn't sound like a dying game to me.

Hope this clears the air a bit :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:39:51 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 08:32:41 pm »
Figured I'd speak up on this since I've been really thinking about this.

Yes the game is at a standstill in activity. Staff have been considering ways to improve this, such as opening registration. We have had several calls concerning the subject. LordSuragaha and Nynx both discussed this in » this « thread. The new update will also hopefully bring in an influx of people, new and old alike. We've been building the next patch around making it so the number of players that stick around increase. We've been trying our very best.

However, when the game still has roughly 200-300 people online daily for being almost 8 years old, it's a stretch to say that the game is dying. There's too much negativity and jumping to conclusions in this thread. If the game was truly on its deathbed, those numbers would be a lot smaller, there'd be little to no activity in the staff team and the forums would be quiet. 200 people is a lot of people. It may not feel like it is, but it really is. Think about that many people logging into this game to spend their time on it every day and then think of the statement "FeralHeart is dying". Population isn't the only factor here. It's also the way members communicate. There has been less public conversation and more private conversation leading to that desolate feeling in the maps. We have also addressed that issue in our staff calls.

I can get that the decrease in players has been a concern. We're glad you're voicing those concerns as they're important to discuss with one another and make sure they are heard and understood. But what I can't understand is instead of a thread addressing that issue alone, the thread is centered around the end of the game. It's a pessimistic approach to a temporary problem the game is facing. It sounds very final. For me, it's disheartening to see, because I care so much about FH. There aren't as many people online as when there was in the beginning but as we have stated before, we are looking into solving that problem and bringing the population count back up. Just hang in there and try to have a more positive outlook on this game. You guys obviously care deeply--staff care deeply. We are working to solve the problem. That doesn't sound like a dying game to me.

Hope this clears the air a bit :)

I just wanna add to what Morgra said. I've noticed that if people speak about something as if it's the end, more and more people will start to believe that it is and give up trying completely and let it fall, apposed to when people talk about trying hard to keep it alive and bring it back, the better outcome is more likely to happen, hypothetically.

Basically, when people talk negatively, it's going to cause a chain reaction, and others will be upset as well. When people are happy and cheery, then you are more likely to feel happy, being in a happier atmosphere. What we say and do affects a lot, depending on the situation. FeralHeart is not dying, more so going through a slow phase as I like to see it. We still have active members and friendly faces roaming around, granted not as many, but we're still there. We just, as mentioned before in Morgra's post, need to not be so private with conversations depending on the topic. If there's more open talk, then more people will join in, leading it to feel like a full house. A few times while sitting in The Grounds, I've seen a hand full of members just sitting around doing nothing. Some will say they were talking in group chat or whisper, sometimes a party. Once someone does start a topic in local, it usually brings everyone out to talk.

As Morgra said, they're working as hard as they can to make this update as suitable as possible for drawing in new members. We need to give it time and see what happens. We all care for FH and we don't want to see it die, heavens no. So, instead of putting all the blame and pressure on the staff to fix it, try going out yourself and tell people about the game. Yes registration has some flaws on it's availability, but the staff have been thinking on how they can make it better. Personally I feel like we should trust the staff with this update and what they may do to better FH, as well as going out ourselves and trying to gather people. There's more members then there is staff, and boy if we all just flood the internet and try to draw people in, I can see a possible good amount of players circling the registration like a hawk. It's like sharing something on FaceBook. A person will post something, someone will share it because they liked it. Well, two of their friends think it's cool and share it as well. So on and so forth happens, and before you know it, it's everywhere.

But that's just me pff.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 10:40:57 pm »
It most certainly is dead in my opinion. It wasn't even an update. (meaning doing something to the games core, like updating graphics, making file size smaller, bug fixes)

The community feels so different, probably because most people grew up, newer children are playing the game, and it's just not the same.

If the original maps were there side by side with the maps of today, I think it would may bring people back. (I realize there is a map pack with the maps, but people aren't very techy with downloading maps, even if there are clear instructions.)

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Flurr

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 11:47:30 pm »
Again, another topic that is grabbing attention and I would be happy to post. Well, FeralHeart has good memories in the good old year, 2011. I personally wasn't around in 2011, but I joined in 2014. But I think the thing that made people left, is the update. We all have different opinions, and not all of us will agree with the 1.15 update, but I think they should stay, it's almost like they are leaving a game, and they could have a great adventure still to be continued. I have had a great adventure on FeralHeart, so I hate when people leave, they are quitting a great adventure ahead of them. You can disagree with me if you want. But sometimes we just have to deal with it and be happy with what we have. It is better than nothing! And we cannot keep everything, including the fun old dance animations, maps, etc. I inspire you, to inspire others they have a great adventure ahead of them, and inspire others to come back, even if they feel like they don't. :) Im hoping this can help some of you, and possibly help the community. Im sure the update coming in the future will bring back players. I'm giving you guys all a nuzzle, and hopefully you can help others come back. I feel a bit nervous posting this, because I feel like nobody will agree with me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:12:49 am by Flurr »

Offline StormyKnight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
  • Forever I shall reign
    • xSTORMYKNIGHTx
    • Shocker the StormCat
    • View Profile
    • STORMCATS
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2018, 03:01:55 am »
Again, another topic that is grabbing attention and I would be happy to post. Well, FeralHeart has good memories in the good old year, 2011. I personally wasn't around in 2011, but I joined in 2014. But I think the thing that made people left, is the update. We all have different opinions, and not all of us will agree with the 1.15 update, but I think they should stay, it's almost like they are leaving a game, and they could have a great adventure still to be continued. I have had a great adventure on FeralHeart, so I hate when people leave, they are quitting a great adventure ahead of them. You can disagree with me if you want. But sometimes we just have to deal with it and be happy with what we have. It is better than nothing! And we cannot keep everything, including the fun old dance animations, maps, etc. I inspire you, to inspire others they have a great adventure ahead of them, and inspire others to come back, even if they feel like they don't. :) Im hoping this can help some of you, and possibly help the community. Im sure the update coming in the future will bring back players. I'm giving you guys all a nuzzle, and hopefully you can help others come back. I feel a bit nervous posting this, because I feel like nobody will agree with me.

"I agree with you Flurr" I joined FH in 2014 too. I came in just before the update, and I was surprised with it,
as were many other players. I hate it too, when people leave, But people come in and people go, "that is Life"
and the game kinda simulated that I guess. But I saw potential with the update, and it's not so bad (in my opinion)
Yes, we can't keep everything, and we just have to be happy with what we have... "a Great game and Great Community for examples"
I think I've had a pretty good adventure here so far, and actually quite happy with how far I've come. (in-game, forum, and YT)
I remember someone commeted on my "Daylight AMV" asking if FH was Back? Unfortunately I could not answer that question...
but I do believe that maybe I could... (Idk) But as I said, I'm happy with what I've got, I've been happy with the current update,
and can't wait to see what the next one brings... New Adventures? New players? Old players? We just have to wait and see with that,
The game is changing but growing too and "There's always room for improvements," the staff are working hard to improve the game
I'm sure, and we should appreciate their work and dedication to making the game better for us. even if we disagree.
We are all free to have our own opinions and ideas and we are free to decide weather to share them or not.
I know I can inspire others and I have. I've shown you all what I can do, and I hope that I can inspire you too, (if I haven't already)
and I encourage you to inspire and help others as well.
Idc if anybody agrees with me on anything, but I've thought about it for a bit and was reluctant to even make a post here.

*Nuzzles for Everyone!* ^^

"I AM THE STORM"