Author Topic: .:/ Medicatus \:.  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
.:/ Medicatus \:.
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:36:28 pm »
The Medicatus

Appearance

They have light colored fur with almost invisible markings.
They have massive wings of different colors.
Medicatus have long, pure white manes that start on their head, like bangs, and run all the way down their backs.
Their eye color and the fur around their eyes often match the color of their wings.
There is a 1/30 Chance of getting a Medicatus with dark colors, and they are seen as outcasts and mistreated.

Males are often a bit darker then females, with larger manes and wings they use to attract females along with their actions.

[Lepor, the Lead Stolen Caretaker]

Lifestyle

These lions can sing soft songs and lullabies to lure in small and/or young creatures.
Some Medicatus keep the captured young as slaves or for company, others kill them on the spot.
Sometimes, they also use their large and decorative wings to lure in the young creatures.
This is called 'Stealing', because they steal the young creature and force it to do as they wish, good or bad.

Speaking of wings, these lions, though their wings are massive, cannot fly.
Their wings are more for show then for use, though their dense feathers can be used to keep warm.
They also use their wings to lure in prey, to use the odd patterns to get the prey close enough to kill quickly.

Medicatus are very social, and teenagers will often wander off to chat with other species when bored.

Life Cycle

Medicatus' mating season is in the Fall. Durring this time, Medicatus are extremely territorial, though still talk non-stop with each other. Females go into heat for about a week long, then a week pause, then it repeats until the first snows fall. During this time, males often wander off, gathering females along the way. Many make their own little packs with the females, breeding with the many they collect to create a mass pack. Others come back to the main tribe once their young are born in early spring. Medicatus females are often stolen from male to male, making the females less aggressive and more calm, in fear that if they mess with the males, they and their unborn cubs woudl get harmed.

When spring comes, the females of each pack gather closely together, away from the male/males of their final breeding pack. They all give birth about the same time, and young Metdicatus can walk almost instantly after birth. This is because as soon as they are all born, they need to get back to the protection of the male, or to the tribe.

Young Medicatus are very social and bubbley, and love to learn new things. They stay with their mothers or with another female Medicatus until the age of 1 year, when they start wandering their home and socializing more with others.

At the age of 2 years, they are considered 'teens' and often wander away from the main tribe to socialize with other species. They also learn the ins and outs of what rank they shall be.

At the age of 3 1/2, they reach adulthood and can now reproduce. This is when they either leave the tribe they are in to make their own, or stay with it. Females often start to form social groups that travel together when Breeding Season arrives, and males show off a lot. They raise the small creatures they 'steal', and live a lot like wolves.

[A young Medicatus]

Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Goldilocks

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Re: .:/ Medicatus \:.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 03:38:35 am »
Radical man :3

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 04:56:13 am »
I was so sad when I downloaded that item pack and saw almost no one wearing those wings :'( I love how you used the colors of the wings in making your species unique, and just using the wings in general! I hope to see a few of these Medicatus wandering around in the near future ^D^

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 05:33:32 am »
It might be an item glitch, though I do believe I saw a Medicatus earlier today actually. They were in a big blob of other floofs, though they are similar (if not exact) to the description you claimed them to appear as. Very well done. Like Warrior said, I too like the way you used the wings as a distinctive trait that makes the Medicatus different from your everyday species.
gone

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 09:06:41 am »
Aww, I love the wings. ^^

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 02:36:47 am »
I'd like to join the group. But I don't want to be seen with something instead of wings on accident, so.... What item pack does the majority of your flock-pride-clan-thing use? I use the item pack compatible with both Ringo's and Delay's with the wings near the bottom. I'd be willing to do an RP sample, even if unnecessary. I might mess up with some words with quantities of letters that are easy to be confused in numbers and placement(Like Unnecessary, as an example.)

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]