Author Topic: Unable to stay in the Grounds for longer than a minute (PLEASE HELP!)  (Read 843 times)

caninen

Hello there! :) So lately, whenever  I enter the Grounds, my game will crash (no matter what character I'm on) after only 1 minute of staying in there. I am aware there is internet traffic, but this has been happening EVERY TIME I try to stay in the Grounds. I've tried virtually everything, from reinstalling the game (three times, mind you..) to changing the rendering system from OpenGL to Direct3D. Nothing has helped or worked. This is beginning to get frustrating, as I want to sit with my friends, but I can't becasue I KEEP CRASHING! In terms of crashing, my game will suddenly freeze randomly, then will exit out. And when I try to go back with the same character, it will also exit me out unless I reset their home. Before the game updated, my game worked fine. Now it keeps crashing and I can barely play it. It's also annoying to keep having to reset my character's homes, too, because that takes away from time I want to be with friends and such. I don't know how to fix this. I even tried looking for duplicate particles, and no duplicates were there. I had the preset sync, but I deleted it, thinking that would help. But even that hasn't helped my situation. I really don't want to quit Feralheart as it's my favorite MMORPG, so any help would kindly be appreciated, whether it be by admin / mods or other users; I'm desperate to fix the crashing issue. (I'm trying to avoid reinstalling, as I've already done that 3-4 times...)  :( :'(

~ Thanks, caninen /Symbiosis

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to stay in the Grounds for longer than a minute (PLEASE HELP!)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:36:46 am »
Have you tried entering The Grounds as a different character because maybe there's a glitch with the one you're using? Also did you recently install any other mods like items, meshes, and etc? Another thing you should try is entering The Grounds from the portal within Seaside Grove.

caninen

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:40:18 am »
I've tried that, yes. I haven't downloaded any new mods (I already had these ones and they never caused issues, so it's probably not that) or anything, but I did just delete two of my exports, as I thought maybe that was the cause of the crashing. It's still crashing.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:13:33 am »
Make sure your internet connection is strong and fast and reduce the number of other programs/windows you have up while you play. Run the game as administrator and make sure the login page isn't kicking you out
Farewell everyone<3

caninen

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:00:30 pm »
I did try that, so now I'm trying to reinstall, since I did read having it in Program files messes it up during installation somehow? At least that's what I've heard. Hopefully now it will stop freezing up.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 10:55:13 pm »
If the problem persists, I suggest optimizing for lag. The Grounds is always busy, and crashing from severe lag is quite common. Turning off water reflections and turning view distance down to zero (both in Options>Video once you load up the game) are the common things. Turning off Arrival Chat in Interface can also help, as well as turning off Movies. There are a few other things you can try, I'm sure there's more.

Offline whatever

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »
the grounds and lonely cave are two maps im aware of currently down and not working so dont try and get into them until raz fixes it as you'll get a "cannot connect" message